• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hag

I haven't found too much. These are the only notable things

(v trigger) cross-up j.mk, s.hp, ex fireball, qcf+hp

f+hp, hp, qcf+hp

Everything else has been just pokes into qcf+lp/mp

Thanks, just about to log in and try her out

vulva

I played like two matches, now back to being responsible.

That said, seems like the game doesn't recognize my PS3 Fighting Edge (playing on PC this time). Is this a known issue?

"This is your first win on a Ranked match" audio played in the last three times I won. I'm guessing once the servers update my ranking it'll shut up about that right

Played 3 PSN and 1 PC guy so far.

Ferrio

Banned
378 dmg combo with Laura:

j.hp, s.mp, s.mk, vtrigger, c.hp, ex fireball, qcf+hp

edit:

Her critical art can be jumped after superflash

edit: 570 was stun amount

Ilmyr

I can provide up to 2 BETA INVITATIONS for Steam! Just add "Ilmyr" on Steam and ask for it :)

(im not sure if it is region-locked, i'm located in germany just in case)

If you're a EU-based english or german speaking SFV player, no matter how skilled, please add me. I'm trying to learn this game and wouldn't mind having some people to play with regularly. :)

Vice

what you mean? throw out the slow fireball for oki then high/low/throw?
Yeah. Her movement also lets you really put your opponent on edge as well. Like a bormal canceled into a comand dash or overhead. Lets her close distance for command grabs as well.

Piccoro

I didnt find any language option

Well, unfortunately I'm not at home at the moment so I can't try it, but on the 2nd PS4 Beta it was in Settings/Options - > Sound settings or something like that.

It also drove me crazy when I played the tutorial (the one with Gouken), and it defaulted to English. I always play SF in Japanese.

Meh too much waiting time for trying to fight an opponent. Training with Laura then in the meantime. Btw does anyone know where do you find beta code messages?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, unfortunately I'm not at home at the moment so I can't try it, but on the 2nd PS4 Beta it was in Settings/Options - > Sound settings or something like that.

It also drove me crazy when I played the tutorial (the one with Gouken), and it defaulted to English. I always play SF in Japanese.

I dont mean the voices, I mean like the menus, subtitles, buttons, all that stuff.

storafötter;189744530 said:
Meh too much waiting time for trying to fight an opponent. Training with Laura then in the meantime. Btw does anyone know where do you find beta code messages?
Left of the casual and ranked match options in the main menu is the message log. Check there.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh thank god, I like how Laura plays. Only got one match in against a Cammy, but I was starting to pick up some tricks by the 2nd round. Still lost, but I've got some good ideas now. The fireball fuckery + dash/overhead/command grab shenanigans are quite alluring...

Birdie also has some fun stuff just from dicking around in Training, I look forward to experimenting with him as well

K.Sabot

The way they set up menus atm is horrible and needs to be changed asap.

Why do I need to go down 2 times to leave a game after the match.

Why do I need to go down 3 times after leaving the match to requeue into matchmaking?

Fix that shit.

Coda

Man...after playing every character playable in the beta thus far none of them click like R. Mika clicks for me. Just playing Laura a bit confirmed that for me, her playstyle doesn't suit me at all even though I find her to be a cool character. It's at least nice to know that Mika's my legit main and the game just isn't nearly as fun when I'm not using her as my character.

Man...after playing every character playable in the beta thus far none of them click like R. Mika clicks for me. Just playing Laura a bit confirmed that for me, her playstyle doesn't suit me at all even though I find her to be a cool character. It's at least nice to know that Mika's my legit main and the game just isn't nearly as fun when I'm not using her as my character.

Seriously i need Karin or R Mika as soon as possible

LowParry

Is it just me or is no one else getting any matches?

PS4 btw

Just restart the game. I started getting matches like crazy afterwards.

I like Laura. Very rush down character. Though I'm not entirely sure who I'd like to main yet. I've enjoyed everyone so far.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Ryu has no range, not sure what to do with him yet. I hope I get Chun soon.

Is it just me or is no one else getting any matches?

PS4 btw
It's slow, but I'm getting some.
I wish the flag was compulsory, though. This generic SFV-logo doesn't tell me anything.

is there a way to change the language on the steam beta? like a .ini or something?

its defaulting to my native language, I hate when games do that
Doesn't look like it and it's actually pulling a wrong (not my Steam one) language for me.

Did anyone get the DS4 to work on PC for this game?
Just use InputMapper

Vice

Ok Luara fucking sucks. She has no punishes, every move she does is beaten out and I think they removed regular throws in this build.
She has a lot of unique options as a result she has more limited combo options. Try to use the forward movement of her moves to punish or light attacks to setup regular or command grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom