• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really suck at this game when I am not Cammy. I am way too impatient than using block and play defensive. I get beaten all the time as Necalli, but he is still a fun new character. Just difficult to rush with. Want some Karin as she is very fun to play :*(

I gave a friend one of the 2 Beta Codes, which you can find at the message log. The code worked but he tells me there is no download anywhere. He can nowhere find the Beta. Any ideas?

They're kind of the least useful mechanic in the game IMO. Uses a bar of V-gauge and only does grey damage. I mean they certainly can be useful in certain situations but overall it's usually more wise to just save up for V-trigger.

Nah V-Reversals have their uses.

1. I was in a position against a Ryu player that did his CA right in my face which would chip kill me (it did). I could've V-Reversal out of the first hit of the fireball and survived.

2. I was pressuring a Bison player in the corner, he V-Reversal'd my block string and was able to turn the tables and put me on the defense almost immediately.

I think both these situations will end up being very common.

Pachimari

Nobody else having issues with the PC beta? I'm still stuck here, nothing happens:

MfN3lFl.jpg

Anymore Laura's want to do that elbow > command throw gimmick on me over and over. I'm not going to fall for that shit anymore. I've lost one too many times because of that constant gimmick.

ShinMaruku

My gameplan is to be in the air at a good range and kick her in da face. It worked maybe once, then I just had to slow it down and count them little added combos I get. I love Cammy and can't wait for the others of the Bae Triumvirate to join so they can all smother them all.
Also Juri's booty doe

They're kind of the least useful mechanic in the game IMO. Uses a bar of V-gauge and only does grey damage. I mean they certainly can be useful in certain situations but overall it's usually more wise to just save up for V-trigger.

They remove about half your stun bar, so if you're about to get dizzy they are very useful.

Seiniyta

The matchmaking is really terrible so far, takes ages, still laggy even when you search specficially for connection 5. It resets after a match so you need to select it again. What a mess ):

In training mode it also doesn't tell you beforehand if it throws you in a ranked match or not when it finds someone.

I am hating this game so much right now. Not because of the game itself, but because of the opponents I'm facing. People are just pressing buttons and doing random shit constantly. I win regardless sometimes, but it's not fun at all.

I am hating this game so much right now. Not because of the game itself, but because of the opponents I'm facing. People are just pressing buttons and doing random shit constantly. I win regardless sometimes, but it's not fun at all.

Lol, most people playing the game are not going to be EVO calibur.

The same was true with SF4 when it first came out.

TaKeRx

Hey guys just got the game on PC and playing the beta, but it seems like the game is not recognizing my stick? It's a dual modded (360/PS3) VLX and I would hate to use something else.

Hagi

Not being someone who is really into fighting games for some reason I really want to get into this. Any tips for a complete newcomer? I've just been playing about with Ryu in training trying to get some really basic execution down like being able to Shoryuken confidently on dpad.

Tan

Yeah definitely some good Laura's out there.

Also I'm hopeless against nash's moonsault it just makes me feel like an idiot every time I get hit

Lol, most people playing the game are not going to be EVO calibur.

The same was true with SF4 when it first came out.

Really, the best competition you'll get is from your locals, unless you can consistently find people that are good to play against.

At least in my case it's been that way.

Damn, sad to hear that Laura seems to be boring for most people, thought she looked fun
She's just super basic. All she has going on for her are a couple decent normals and her mixups, but her mixups don't really seem to amount to much since her damage outside of big punishes seems really shitty.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nobody else having issues with the PC beta? I'm still stuck here, nothing happens:

Close it and wait, it'll download while the tutorial plays.

Get to where I am. Making my name:

"<Name> can not be used." Despite the fact that PSN allows me to use, Steam allows me to use it and most non-strict censorship word filters let me use it. Just because my name has the letter combination "kok" in it. :|

What's funny is that Capcom would've allowed it last beta if their servers weren't jammed and going "OH NO THAT CAN'T BE USED SOMEONE ALREADY HAS IT." GG Capcom. :|

Yeah I don't like Laura. I can't find anything good about her. She relies too much on using frame traps to get something going.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying Charlie. The only problems is his Tragedy Assault still takes a week to start up and nerfed his light sonic scythe.

Yudoken

You need to plug in your controller/stick first.
Otherwise you can't control it.
I restarted the game and worked fine.
Also, I'm not sure which button on the keyboard skips that message.
Enter or escape didn't work.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You need to plug in your controller/stick first.
Otherwise you can't control it.
I restarted the game and worked fine.
Also, I'm not sure which button on the keyboard skips that message.
Enter or escape didn't work.

B. The controller layout on PC is like LP/K G/B H/N J/M or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom