• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

My bad (inherited) habit from SFIV is backdashing in the corner (Vega and Rose player here), so needless to say I have eaten quite a bit of specials and supers on wake up >_<

Slaythe

Hum... Played 30 minutes.

Got infinitely bored and anxious at the same time playing it.

Probably because I played it dozens of hours with the past betas.

Just not loving the current set up much, and Ken isn't in. My two mains are Cammy and Ken.

But I feel like Cammy is really straight forward in this, it gets old fast.

HabeeNo

Are you using training mode? That's the best way to find matches.

Having no problem getting matches on my end, just waiting a couple minutes in training mode is enough

Was waiting for minutes at the Ranked Match option lol will try training mode!

Also, realized when playing Laura against Necalli, that he doesnt have display a skeleton when using electricity moves (Story mode reasons? lol)

I hope Laura gets a better AA normal in the newer builds.

I feel like her st.MP should AA better than it actually does and her HP AA Elbow only really hits well at an angle + sometimes trades.

Slaythe

They try to match you with people in your area (in the day and age of optic fiber...) ...

So that's why some of you can't get matches. If there aren't many players in your area, you'll have to wait until somebody in a populated area can't find an opponent on his own...
Which is stupid since populated area get more matches so it makes rare it for them not to find a match.

Kade

I was playing as Laura in training mode but when it found an opponent it switched me to Ryu. Is it because I have Ryu as my favourite character in my profile or something?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Stuff between matches, like getting back to training mode and then back into a match takes way too long. Especially since the match can be over in a minute.

They try to match you with people in your area (in the day and age of optic fiber...) ...

So that's why some of you can't get matches. If there aren't many players in your area, you'll have to wait until somebody in a populated area can't find an opponent on his own...
Which is stupid since populated area get more matches so it makes rare it for them not to find a match.

I live in the San Francisco bay area and get matches less than 20 seconds into training mode every time :p

I've gotten like 15 matches in the last hour.

Renkax

so using Laura for this beta... Her st.MP to st.MK doesn't connect to any specials or anything ? Really hard finding combos lol

so using Laura for this beta... Her st.MP to st.MK doesn't connect to any specials or anything ? Really hard finding combos lol

I don't think she's really a combo character. Just keep up pressure strings and look for the command grabs.

Get the knockdown and use ex fireball for mixups.

NALi4zD.png

Wait, is this new? SFV is gonna be using the steam workshop?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol @ the numerous lag-filled matches I'm getting. I just literally had a match where the PS4 user was running at higher "frames" than me despite being the same frame-rate. Literally animating moves before I can even see them. Ryu doing a hurricane kick before I can even react.

GG Capcom. Hopefully there's a way to earn fight money in the single-player mode/offline Versus modes otherwise oh god @ having to deal with this online.

http://i.imgur.com/NALi4zD.png

Wait, is this new? SFV is gonna be using the steam workshop?

It's a glitch. GTA5 and Metal Gear: Phantom Pain did this earlier this week.

Seems to be a Steam glitch. It pops up for tons of games that don't support Steam Workshop (GTAV).

I'd love if they pulled a TF2 and sold community created alt costumes, though.

Ah, that's disappointing. I was thinking the same thing too since so many people made really cool costume mods for SF4.

squarealex

Hello
I have received a code beta for SFV on PS4. is working but I have no download client on the PSStore, also on librairy... i'm fucked for try this beta ?

Laura's probably pretty good, but she seems like the sort of character you need to sit around and learn some frame traps with.

There's not a lot of invincible reversals so a character with good pressure can get a lot out of it.

Yudoken

Steam Big picture needs to be fixed with the stick.
B and A are switched.

Also the chat somehow doesn't reduce the empty space where normally the controller keyboard appears (it should reduce when I use my keyboard but somehow it doesn't get smaller).
The game runs great on max settings downsampled from 1440p to 1080p.
The ui doesn't scale with the resolution and thanks to Steam Big picture the game is perfectly playable and readable from the couch.

To the game:
The loading screen often stays on the white transition for 10 seconds which is really annoying.
Also I the ending screen is also effected from those servers, sometimes it takes more than 10 seconds until something happens.
I also want a cancel match button, don't wanna play extremely laggy matches, had three of them.

I'm using a standard Madcatz TE1 360 with a GTX 970 4790k pc.

ACE 1991

My fightstick comes in today just in time for the beta. I'm an SF newbie, I wonder what I should do to learn the game a bit in this limited availability.

Momentary

Banned
Either there is an issue with the servers or people are purposely disconnecting before I can receive credit for my wins. This is coming from both PC and PS4 players. Hopefully it's a server issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom