• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

I've disconnected on an opponent too.
Not because I'm afraid of losing (I've gone on 400 LP losing streaks), but because the connection was so bad I didn't think I got a chance to play at all. All we were doing were mashing crouching buttons trying to slowly get the other guy to 0. The rollback kept fucking up and sending us back in time and I was immensely frustrated.

It has happened twice after that and I didn't DC. Just stopped playing the game till they fix this shit.

I'll try it with Bison later today :)

also... so cute seeing Ryu smile!
310950_2016-02-28_0000nrsg.png

does he do that win pose solo or can you get ken to be his nadeshiko?

4 of my last five matches have been rage quits. One of them was even nice enough to quit after the first round and gift me with that stupid end match music glitch. Radical start to SFV today.

Messiah

Played some dude yesterday who was afk at the beginning so I waited like 20 seconds for him to return and then I beat him in a fair match.

Then I got matched with him again and he ragequit after I beat him this time around. At least he had the decency not to ragequit the first match I guess.

I've disconnected on an opponent too.
Not because I'm afraid of losing (I've gone on 400 LP losing streaks), but because the connection was so bad I didn't think I got a chance to play at all. All we were doing were mashing crouching buttons trying to slowly get the other guy to 0. The rollback kept fucking up and sending us back in time and I was immensely frustrated.

It has happened twice after that and I didn't DC. Just stopped playing the game till they fix this shit.

Yeah the only 2 times I've done it were against connections that were so bad it was like a teleport fight from DBZ. Bit weird that both of them were on high win streaks too.

Any advice for survival hard or hell modes? Any particular character that's easy to cheese the AI with?

M.Bison.

Do the Head press (the d,u+kick move) and move slightly forward of the enemy while you're in the air. Right before you're going to land, move back. They'll do an anti-air in the wrong direction, and you can hit them with the Skull diver which if timed right can be followed up with st.mp xx cr.mp xx medium inferno. You can even do CA after the inferno if you have it.

Celcius

°Temp. member

M.Bison.

Do the Head press (the d,u+kick move) and move slightly forward of the enemy while you're in the air. Right before you're going to land, move back. They'll do an anti-air in the wrong direction, and you can hit them with the Skull diver which if timed right can be followed up with st.mp xx cr.mp xx medium inferno. You can even do CA after the inferno if you have it.

Thanks guys

Does anyone know where Steam keeps your save data? I'd like to go ahead and backup mine just in case.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ucchedavāda;197008117 said:
It looks like it is saved in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV

hmm, I don't seem to have an AppData folder under C:\Users\YourUsername

he got lucky a buncha times especially near the end lol

It would have been cool if Capcom put Shin Akuma as the hidden boss of Survival Hell if you had over a certain score after the first 100 fights or something like that.

Trickster

Lol, Win first round and then in the next round the guy mysteriously starts lagging, gee that must just be some random turn of even.

Trickster

What's more likely, them being able to lag on command, or Capcom's servers screwing the pooch again

That the 2k player with a 5 win streak who just lost a close first round decided to abuse the alt tab thing?

Wouldn't be the first time that shit happened in a match. And for some weird reason it only happens if they lose the first round, have never had the other guy beat me first round and then have lag the clearly only affects me weirdly start next round

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
By the way, will there be any way to acquire the Season Pass costumes (I think they're called battle costumes, i.e. Commando suit Cammy, Bearded Ryu, Super Hot Chun-Li...) with Fight Money?

Kumubou

What's more likely, them being able to lag on command, or Capcom's servers screwing the pooch again
Uh, you are aware that people actually can cause the other player to lag out on command if they're using the PC version, right? Doesn't even require a lag switch or any network filtering rules or the like. It's likely due to a flaw in how the game handles sync between the two players.

nded

By the way, will there be any way to acquire the Season Pass costumes (I think they're called battle costumes, i.e. Commando suit Cammy, Bearded Ryu, Super Hot Chun-Li...) with Fight Money?

Probably not. Rule of thumb seems to be that content that directly affects gameplay will be earnable with fight money, but cosmetic items can be zenny-only at Capcom's discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom