• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Pants

1z3jje.jpg

2ejs5d.jpg

3tnjz5.jpg

557s9w.jpg

6hws85.jpg

92vjw1.jpg

105njfc.jpg
11iej69.gif

128vkzp.jpg
13z3jgo.gif

14o9ji3.jpg
15tfjjy.gif

chars1iwsf7.jpg

chars2g8sy5.jpg

chars3jhss6.jpg

chars4qqsc0.jpg

chars55vs3e.jpg

chars66cs3a.jpg

chars75esv2.jpg

chars84ys5w.jpg

trailersnaufn.jpg

blank113ui1.jpg
blank2eiuka.jpg

trophyhrjl5.jpg

faq1mxshx.jpg

faq27bsdc.jpg

faq4cjskj.png

1whs5k.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
2w5s3x.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
3kasjl.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
4c7s3d.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
5oysyc.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
6pmsa2.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
7jbs9h.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
8rasfo.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
94tsmo.jpg

10q2s6z.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
11u3s4z.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
120ys4b.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
1385sjq.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
14t3sxs.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
15r5s0a.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
16nzsob.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
17r8spz.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
180csd8.jpg

19c6spf.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
20sls08.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
2162sod.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
22gosbj.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
237zsle.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
249tsmh.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
252ps65.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
26j9szz.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
27b2sas.jpg

28xqsmw.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
29voskf.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
30x7shq.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
3184syo.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
32husw1.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
33pdsp6.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
34z4sm1.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
3568sql.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
36nbscz.jpg

37gmsoq.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
38sjsbh.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
39mbsu9.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
40g1suv.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
41krsrn.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
42y1sjr.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
43mfsol.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
44yasz7.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
454ss2o.jpg

467jspf.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
476as0t.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
48cssvc.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
51n1sms.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
52cpse7.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
536tssn.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
50x9s75.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
5496s1q.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
55uwsp9.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png

49visej.jpg

reviewsxxs41.png

» Review Thread

IGN - 8/10
When I'm playing Street Fighter V with friends, I'm completely lost in the heat of the moment. Win or lose, I'm attracted to the thrill of its action-oriented combat system, which discourages overcautious behavior and keeps fights moving along. There's an excellent foundation here, and for now, I am going to keep playing until I can put the servers to the test on launch day.

Destructiod - 8/10
It’s hard to criticize something that seems like it was tailor-made for a wannabe competitive player like me, but I just can’t ignore how little Street Fighter 5 does for the average fighting game player. It sports a wonderful, diverse cast of characters, places a clear emphasis on strong fundamental play, it gives competitive players a great online experience, and it does it all while looking gorgeous. Strictly in terms of mechanics and competitive features, Street Fighter 5 is just about peerless, but it has quite a ways to go before it stacks up against other fighting games - including its own predecessor - in terms of overall content.

EGM - 8/10
In many ways Street Fighter V is unfinished, but as a platform, it has strong legs. If Capcom sticks to its word, this could have just as long of a lifespan as IV, if not more.

Shacknews - 7/10
Street Fighter V paves the way for the future of Capcom’s legendary fighting game series—but it’s also a release that’s relying on near-future updates in order to feel like a finished product. Once they come, however, this should really be something special.

-----------------------------------------------------

Video Guide to the Basics of SFV
Beginner

The Street Fighter V Intro Guide - Part 1 - The Interface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQqgyB2vZo

The Street Fighter V Intro Guide - Part 2 - Meter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84r_AD_34c0

The Street Fighter V Intro Guide - Part 3 - Mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFICK1CMcvA

The Street Fighter V Intro Guide - Part 4 - Terminology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JItsB3hGdrI

Advanced

Disrepect Pressure with Counter-Hit Jab combos! | Street Fighter V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-xQqErTloA

----------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

I asked a couple of times about us having a PS4 community specifically for this game, no one answered and there is no news of it in the OT, so I spoke to a couple of guys here and we thought it'd be a good idea to make one.

I know there is one for the neogaf FGC already, but I thought it might be nice to have communities and channels of communication, for this game specifically.

ZYiuXNh.jpg

I've also made a SFV group chat for Neogaf members, if you join this and favourite it, you can very quickly see everyone online, who you have in friends and who you don't, and message quickly everyone asking if they'd like to fight etc.. We use these group chats very successfully on other OTs like the Rainbow Six Siege OT. It can be handier when grouping people together.

tQXMjwU.jpg

If you'd like to join either group, just send me a message on PSN and I'll add you to both. If you only want to join one, then just leave the one you don't want to be in. My PSN is Chronospherics.

---

In addition, for ease of sharing CFN IDs between PC and PS4 players, here's a neogaf userlist you can add your CFN onto.

----------------------------------------------

» Thanks to artgerm for the Ryu and Ken artwork!
» Thanks to ThirtyPlus for the OT title!

Whales

Banned
I hope the ''Failed to connect'' server messages are gone after the maintenance, it's the only reason I don't play ranked more.

(well, that and ragequits .-.)

Robot Pants

Sorry can a mod add the V in there for me? I just woke up and scrambled to make the thread when I saw it was over 20k

We just burned our way through OT1. Another 5 days until I'm free from uni work for awhile and can get back to the grind of SFV.

entremet

Does LP work on per character basis?

Or is it for your fighter ID as a whole?

I wanna mess around with another character on ranked, but I'm afraid of going down in points. Mostly because I'm getting good match ups and don't want to grind back up by bodying inexperienced players.

Windforce

I'm in! OT 2 here we go. :)

I wanna mess around with another character on ranked, but I'm afraid of going down in points. Mostly because I'm getting good match ups and don't want to grind back up by bodying inexperienced players.

It's account wide, so if you risk a new character you will lose LP. Only level is character based.

Try casual matches so you do not lose points until you feel confident with the new character.

Wallach

I wanna mess around with another character on ranked, but I'm afraid of going down in points.

It's just for your account. Maybe get some casual action going before you jump into ranked with a new character.

Nephtes

Let's hope this OT isn't 200 pages complaining about the servers like the last one.
The severs were finally as expected by Sunday night. Whew!

Enjoying the online aspects of the game since the servers stopped being garbage. Really enjoying Karin's moveset. Had no idea I would be maining Karin before Ibuki releases...thought it would be Ken all the way, till you jerks blew up my Ken gameplans. :C

V_Arnold

Let's hope this OT isn't 200 pages complaining about the servers like the last one.
The severs were finally as expected by Sunday night. Whew!

Yes? Coincidentally, I could not get into lobbies and had multiple DC's in ranked as well. Sunday night :D

Mington

Just noticed there's a season pass dlc item on PSN which lists the 6 characters in order

Alex
Guile
Ibuki
Balrog
Juri
Urien

Could that be the order we're getting them (did we already know that?)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat feel of making a Ken go down a rank

edit: and right after I get destroyed by a Necalli. Yup, still no idea what to do against that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom