• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OmniCloud, will be on tonight after maintenance. Dunno what time it is for me on the east coast.

just in the slim chance battle lounges are fixed / better with the maintenance, maybe one day we can do some sets and you can give me some pointers :p

(ill probably have dropped Rashid by then lol)

4-12 (well, 6-12 but the 2 rage quits dont count so), the struggle is very real. Unlike Birdie, I actually dig Rashid, but im clearly doing worse with him of the 3 I played so far (Gief still by far my best character). Starting to think its time to move on :(

edit: man its really not helping to keep getting matched up against super/ultra bronze peeps, I guess I didnt have so much of that before. 4-13 sigh

Whales

Banned
The matchmaking def. got better for me, I used to fight people with like 0-100lp on day 1 and 2 and rose to like 1000lp, now I pretty much only get matched with people who have around 1000lp too.

Oh and a ken with a 38 win streak... l o l

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Such a great, great game.

Haven't played a fighting game this much since, well.......SF2 back on the SNES.

Up to >200,000 in Fight Money which correct me if I'm wrong can "buy" 2 upcoming characters? Was considering to buckle and buy the season pass, but may just go ahead an grind out a 3rd character and save my $30.

Yea you can get tons of fight money if you have the stomach to grind survival. I'm up to 750k.

mbpm1

I'm really struggling the past day. As soon as I hit 1600LP I started coming up against hyper aggressive guys who all they do is get in your face asap and I feel there is nothing I can do against it. One hit engages a combo that will take about 35% of my health and anything I do is just overpowered by my opponent. Really not liking this as much as I was.

Who do you use

Trickster

Command grabs doesnt beat a normal grab if I time it right, right? However it sure as fuck feels like it whenever I fight someone with a command grab

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Survival money isn't a one off deal?

No it's one off per difficulty and character. I've finished all characters on easy/normal/hard and have 3 or 4 done in Hell. I figure if I finish all of Hell off I'll end up around 900k fight money.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So when the servers are down will I be able to do survival for FM or will I not get anything?

Skilletor

Via EVO's facebook:

In 4 days, SFV has broken the record for the most entrants at Evo in a single game! This is going to be a crazy year! ‪#‎Evo2016‬

Mupod

No it's one off per difficulty and character. I've finished all characters on easy/normal/hard and have 3 or 4 done in Hell. I figure if I finish all of Hell off I'll end up around 900k fight money.

what kind of AI cheese are you using? That sounds...painful

Via EVO's facebook:

In 4 days, SFV has broken the record for the most entrants at Evo in a single game! This is going to be a crazy year! ‪#‎Evo2016‬
Street Fighter V confirmed to be better for new players than Smash Bros

😨 How did you manage that?

watdaeff4

Yea you can get tons of fight money if you have the stomach to grind survival. I'm up to 750k.

Really? what Difficulty Level on Survival? I've just been grinding on Easy so far (have done 8 of the characters). For myself, All but 500 of FM (obtained by actually winning 10 ranked matches - yay me!) have come through grinding on the story prologues and Survival.

On Easy, I'm enjoying all the characters I've played so far. I imagine though I'll likely stick with characters I'm more comfortable with on Normal.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You'll get nothing.

Even when the servers go back up, it won't refresh or anything? lmao this might as well be an always-online game then, unless you're playing local 2P multiplayer.

How in the fuck did you beat Hell? I can't even beat hard with this input reading bull shit AI.

I'm trying to do it with Ken.

Is there some abusive tactic?

G-Pink

That's awesome man. Good to hear fight money is that viable early on. (If you're willing to grind it out.)

AEREC

Anyone have any tips or shortcuts for pulling off Zangief's double 360 motion for his Critical Art on the d-pad?

Right now I'm just using the DS4 but will be getting a Hori FC4 on Wednesday so I'm not sure if it will be easier on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom