• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nded

Just noticed there's a season pass dlc item on PSN which lists the 6 characters in order

Alex
Guile
Ibuki
Balrog
Juri
Urien

Could that be the order we're getting them (did we already know that?)

Seems likely. We know Alex is up first, at least.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
So happy this game is finally running good online!! Had a great time beating up my friend last night! Beyond stoked for lobbies that can hold more than two fucking people though.

Just noticed there's a season pass dlc item on PSN which lists the 6 characters in order

Alex
Guile
Ibuki
Balrog
Juri
Urien

i'd love it if capcom pulled a fast one and Urien was second

Nephtes

Seems likely. We know Alex is up first, at least.

Saving all my fight money for Ibuki... Alex and Guile interest me not...

and I will instantly change her voice to Japanese, because the English version sounds like a chipmunk...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why is that "TrU3Ta1ent" guy always the #1 stream for this game? Is he...known for something else?

mbpm1

Why is that "TrU3Ta1ent" guy always the #1 stream for this game? Is he...known for something else?

He's just the new Max

He also does Dark Souls streams and Rainbow 6 streams and used to do a lot of Injustice and MKX

Gurrry

According to /r/kappa he uses view bots.

But again, thats /r/kappa...

if it was me i'd have it in this order

Alex (he is announced as first so i'll keep him that way)
Urien
Guile
Juri
Balrog
Ibuki

I can get behind this. But lets just replace juri or ibuki for Dudley and now were in business.

watdaeff4

Such a great, great game.

Haven't played a fighting game this much since, well.......SF2 back on the SNES.

Up to >200,000 in Fight Money which correct me if I'm wrong can "buy" 2 upcoming characters? Was considering to buckle and buy the season pass, but may just go ahead an grind out a 3rd character and save my $30.

qcf x2

6 days in, I still can't get anybody to join a Battle Lounge that I create (it disconnects every time). And joining other BLs is such a stupidly tasking ordeal that I get even fewer matches that way than through ranked/casual.

When is this shit gonna work?

Haven't played a fighting game this much since, well.......SF2 back on the SNES.

Up to >200,000 in Fight Money which correct me if I'm wrong can "buy" 2 upcoming characters? Was considering to buckle and buy the season pass, but may just go ahead an grind out a 3rd character and save my $30.

yeah, Characters are 100K, story costumes 40k

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lololololol

Ryu with 10 win streak. Guess what happened guys, guess :)

I actually laughed out loud because I knew it was coming. Didnt even wait for the killing blow, I sommersaulted to the other side near his death and he DCed

oh man...

edit: except next I get bodied by a ultra bronze Bison. So I didnt get my win, but I got my loss. Yeah that kinda sucks lol

You should be able to get 2 characters. Do story and survival mode with all character on easy and normal, should have more than that. I have over 300k FM already, less than a week! I'm only getting Guile and Ken outfits though, dunno what else I'm going to use it on.

Yes, new characters 100,000 FM each, and 600 Zenny which is 6$.

Check this image for details.

Though the season pass not only gets you the 6 characters, it also gets you 6 premium costumes, one for each new character. Premium costumes can't be unlocked with Fight Money, so you can just buy the season pass or purchase them individually for 4$ each.

Should I be having this much of an issue registering a name for my Fighter ID? I've tried a dozen different ones now, 1 was already taken but the other just say I can't use them without any further elaboration, so I have no clue what criteria I'm not fulfilling.

I'm really struggling the past day. As soon as I hit 1600LP I started coming up against hyper aggressive guys who all they do is get in your face asap and I feel there is nothing I can do against it. One hit engages a combo that will take about 35% of my health and anything I do is just overpowered by my opponent. Really not liking this as much as I was.

mbpm1

I have come to the conclusion that 75% of the damage done by my Gief is through jabs of some kind. If only there were stats so I could tell

Should I be having this much of an issue registering naming my Fighter ID? I've tried a dozen different ones now, 1 was already taken but the other just say I can't use them without any further elaboration, so I have no clue what criteria I'm not fulfilling.

Minimum of 6 characters, and I believe no curse words. Even if a word contains a curse word in it, like Assassin. (Ass-Ass-in)

I'm really struggling the past day. As soon as I hit 1600LP I started coming up against hyper aggressive guys who all they do is get in your face asap and I feel there is nothing I can do against it. One hit engages a combo that will take about 35% of my health and anything I do is just overpowered by my opponent. Really not liking this as much as I was.

v reversal?

Interesting interaction with a few casual friends that came over yesterday. They see i'm playing, and they make a comment 'oh, its out? Nice.'

Then my one friend chimes in with "Do I really gotta pay extra for Guile?" & my other buddy goes "I'm waiting until they put Sagat in the game, he's my boy".

I never thought it before, but i'm honestly starting to think Capcom might've screwed up by not focusing on the SF2 mainstays more for the initial release roster.

Kinda wanted the OT| Street Fighter Alpha 4
Patch the game Capcom so I can play in fullscreen and in my native resolution ( ._.).

6 days in, I still can't get anybody to join a Battle Lounge that I create (it disconnects every time). And joining other BLs is such a stupidly tasking ordeal that I get even fewer matches that way than through ranked/casual.

When is this shit gonna work?

Are you playing with friends or just random people? Try seeing if you can join anyone that invites you to their BL. I haven't had any issues except with 1 person, most of my time is spent playing BL.

Producer

Remember to use Vreversal.

watdaeff4

You should be able to get 2 characters. Do story and survival mode with all character on easy and normal, should have more than that. I have over 300k FM already, less than a week! I'm only getting Guile and Ken outfits though, dunno what else I'm going to use it on.

Yes, new characters 100,000 FM each, and 600 Zenny which is 6$.

Check this image for details.

Though the season pass not only gets you the 6 characters, it also gets you 6 premium costumes, one for each new character. Premium costumes can't be unlocked with Fight Money, so you can just buy the season pass or purchase them individually for 4$ each.

yeah, Characters are 100K, story costumes 40k

Thanks so much for the feedback and confirming what I thought I read.

Yeah, think I'll use all my FM for characters, having alt costumes isn't that big of a deal to me.

though I am loving the "sexy Chun Li" costume I got for preordering on PSN. She is my one waifu.

KiteGr

I'll hold on buying that game intill:
  • It gets a more deserving price. Like 20 euros.
  • A more efficient way to farm fight money get introduced... like having the online modes start working for once...
  • Have single player stuff to do other than play Survival mode over and over...
  • I'll buy and finish Mortal Kombat XL since I skipped it at launch for having to much planned DLC...

wamberz1

Just beat a silver gief with a 38 win streak. Stunned his ass both rounds.... and then he rage quit. feels good man

but yeah they need to fix the no penalty for quitting bullshit

Shito

Interesting interaction with a few casual friends that came over yesterday. They see i'm playing, and they make a comment 'oh, its out? Nice.'

Then my one friend chimes in with "Do I really gotta pay extra for Guile?" & my other buddy goes "I'm waiting until they put Sagat in the game, he's my boy".

I never thought it before, but i'm honestly starting to think Capcom might've screwed up by not focusing on the SF2 mainstays more for the initial release roster.
Well, if you go that way, like two thirds of the people at work passing by us "hardcore players" and seeing the game all say if they didn't knew better they would think it's SF4.
And the few new people who came to try the game with us all made a remark on how scarce the initial roster was.

Alex
Guile
Ibuki
Balrog
Juri
Urien

I keep hearing Balrog/Boxer is pretty far along. So I dunno
I'll hold on buying that game intill:
  • It gets a more deserving price. Like 20 euros.
  • A more efficient way to farm fight money get introduced... like having the online modes start working for once...
  • Have single player stuff to do other than play Survival mode over and over...
  • I'll buy and finish Mortal Kombat XL since I skipped it at launch for having to much planned DLC...
What does MK have to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom