• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

FluxWaveZ

How do you host these things?

Edit: how the fook did flux manage 10K+ games lol...

What!

There'd probably be an additional 1k added to that number if Battle Lounges were counted. I'd play more of Battle Lounge in general if playing with randoms wasn't such a mess.

Other than that, number of games played has always been proportional to an increase in skill to me in any game (it's how I rose in SCII despite being behind everyone), so I try to play as much as I can. Haven't spent enough time in Training mode as I probably should as a result, though, but I'm changing that a bit.

Speaking of which, anyone know how negative/positive Chun-Li is for a blocked cr.MP > V-Trigger?

JayEH

k5wAMr.gif

both of our armor moves cancelled each other lol. never seen that happen before.

Zissou

There'd probably be an additional 1k added to that number if Battle Lounges were counted. I'd play more of Battle Lounge in general if playing with randoms wasn't such a mess.

Other than that, number of games played has always been proportional to an increase in skill to me in any game (it's how I rose in SCII despite being behind everyone), so I try to play as much as I can. Haven't spent enough time in Training mode as I probably should as a result, though, but I'm changing that a bit.

Speaking of which, anyone know how negative/positive Chun-Li is for a blocked cr.MP > V-Trigger?

Official app says +/-0.

Here is mine

CvlXBGuWIAAZVYu.jpg

I wasn't planning on coming back until next month when PS4 Pro and Modern Warfare Remaster is out. That will get me back in the mood of playing since I think I've only played three or four 2/3 sets in the past 2+ months.

How do you host these things?

Edit: how the fook did flux manage 10K+ games lol...

What!

Flux is a Machine. I basically reached my total back in August I think. And I got burnt out on the game since I put myself through too many long angry grinds. I remember Flux having about twice as many as me since a bunch of us were comparing stats from a different website. Since then he's added another 2,000+. Nothing stops that train.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That's a cool little tool! I don't play ranked very often, and don't have the time to play in general as much as I used to, but here's my stats on PS4 and Steam.

CvlaxkBWYAAQ6XT.jpg
Cvlazh3WEAQpKdH.jpg

Tripon

It better at some point. I'm getting a Pro and a 4k TV or monitor next month. Give me dat 4k resolution. Don't care if it's not native, I'll take checker board 4k as long as it looks even better on my new 4k TV or monitor.
If you want 4k, get the PC version.

Mr. X

I see. So, if that's accurate, a 3-frame jab after Chun-Lis do their favorite sequence will interrupt anything they do that isn't an EX SBK.
Chun has a 3f cr.LP so you'd trade.
Also that assumes blocked first active frame I think. It's usually spaced to hit later to be safe on block or would + on VT on block.

If you want 4k, get the PC version.

I was waiting for someone to say that. I'm guessing it would take at least a 1070 to run it at 4k at 60fps? It's not worth it for me since I don't really play video games anymore.

I only play SFV nowadays and I loved the first Modern Warfare back in the day so I'm getting that. I'm selling my old PS4 so I'm not paying full price. Otherwise I probably wouldn't get the Pro.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Doesn't Chun's V-Trigger only increase the hitsun on her normals, not the blockstun?

"It adds multiple hits to each of her normal attacks except for light attacks. Light attacks get a small damage buff. Medium attacks get one extra hit. Heavy attacks get two extra hits."
I guess it does.

FluxWaveZ

Chun has a 3f cr.LP so you'd trade.
Also that assumes blocked first active frame I think. It's usually spaced to hit later to be safe on block or would + on VT on block.

I was including her own 3-frame jab as "interrupt," since a trade is better than the opponent having the advantage. I dunno how V-Trigger cancels specifically affect frame advantage, though, so if it depends on a specific frame of her cr.MP, that's something to keep in mind.

Either way, Chun-Lis usually do it at a range that a jab wouldn't reach. I'll have to test it out in Training.

"It adds multiple hits to each of her normal attacks except for light attacks. Light attacks get a small damage buff. Medium attacks get one extra hit. Heavy attacks get two extra hits."
I guess it does.

According to FAT, her df.hk goes from -2 oB to +3 oB (wtf) and her cr.hp goes from -5 oB to -2 oB.

Everything else remains the same oB.

SmokeMaxX

According to FAT, her df.hk goes from -2 oB to +3 oB (wtf) and her cr.hp goes from -5 oB to -2 oB.

Everything else remains the same oB.
Prima guide shows Cr. HP does change from -5 to -2 OB even though block data isn't supposed to change.
df hk has always been +3. You might be confusing it with df mk which is always -2

Prima guide shows Cr. HP does change from -5 to -2 OB even though block data isn't supposed to change.
df hk has always been +3. You might be confusing it with df mk which is always -2
Nope, the FAT app is showing it as -2 in regular and +3 oB.

Might be a fuckup by the app developer though, I think that it is + oB anyway.

I just realized that I could be using a much easier Aegis combo for Urien that I can land 100% of the time and only does 5 less damage overall. Is that worth it, or should I practice the more difficult combo more just to get the optimum payout?

Edzi

I just realized that I could be using a much easier Aegis combo for Urien that I can land 100% of the time and only does 5 less damage overall. Is that worth it, or should I practice the more difficult combo more just to get the optimum payout?

Do the combo you can get most reliably. No point in going for something that does slightly more damage if you're more likely to drop it at key moments.

Do the combo you can get most reliably. No point in going for something that does slightly more damage if you're more likely to drop it at key moments.

Yeah, the one I was doing before was prone to dropping if spaced improperly, but the slightly weaker one seems to work from all distances thanks to crMP moving forward slightly. It has one fewer hit as well which means if I decide to tack a super onto the end it'll do a touch more damage due to scaling, I suppose.

vulva

ggs Mr X, whoever you are! Sorry to cut it off, roommate just got home so I need to be quiet.

edit: just saw your name at the top of the thread, ggs man!

Sayad

I was including her own 3-frame jab as "interrupt," since a trade is better than the opponent having the advantage. I dunno how V-Trigger cancels specifically affect frame advantage, though, so if it depends on a specific frame of her cr.MP, that's something to keep in mind.

Either way, Chun-Lis usually do it at a range that a jab wouldn't reach. I'll have to test it out in Training.
It can depend on how delayed they cancel the move into V-Trigger, cr.MP into V-Trigger can be negative if not canceled as soon as possible.

Might as well post mine.

Cvk-RdvWgAAjNar.jpg

I can still get some pretty high win streaks like that when I'm not fooling around with Balrog. Kinda have to to stay in this league.

That's interesting. On VLeague on the top 100, Mika's appear to do really badly. How do you do against top 100 players? Figured I'd ask since you must play them quite often around that rank. If you were to look at the tier list generated from the top 100 players though, you'd think Mika was a pretty bad character.

Now I see why bigbird doesn't win anything these days. He just shimmys and DPs in odd and unexpected situations.

Something a genuinely good player can not only handle but punish.

I still think it's such bullshit btw that Ken can V-trigger cancel off his Dp.

Now I see why bigbird doesn't win anything these days. He just shimmys and DPs in odd and unexpected situations.

Why? It's unsafe when he does. Like -5 or something. If you see Ken run after Vtrigger cancel or a blocked normal you can pretty much always interupt it with mediums for pretty significant damage.

Why? It's unsafe when he does. Like -5 or something.
As Compared to the crush counter combo he'd eat otherwise, it's still pretty bullshit.

Not every character can Convert it into decent damage like a Ryu, Cammy or Chun. And even then, it's reducing what potentially could have been game winning damage.

Edit: not to mention the v-gauge built by a crush counter

Edit2: and while his run cancel is universally minus on block, his vtrigger is almost the opposite.

a raw DP? It's unsafe on block at least

Here’s both of mine...Gonna try and get Super with Flux one day when I can get some good grind days in. Flux, how easy/hard was it to get up there in 20K? You play a lot of Plats still or mostly diamond? I hate how far it resets you sometimes for losing.

CvlCyToWcAAZDAu.jpg

CvlC0MeWEAAx8Zw.jpg

FluxWaveZ

That's interesting. On VLeague on the top 100, Mika's appear to do really badly. How do you do against top 100 players? Figured I'd ask since you must play them quite often around that rank. If you were to look at the tier list generated from the top 100 players though, you'd think Mika was a pretty bad character.

When I'm playing at my utmost, fine, I guess? Depends on the player, character, etc.

Here’s both of mine...Gonna try and get Super with Flux one day when I can get some good grind days in. Flux, how easy/hard was it to get up there in 20K? You play a lot of Plats still or mostly diamond? I hate how far it resets you sometimes for losing.

Mainly players in the Platinum range. And I guess it was 10k matches of hard for me, heh.

Top Bottom