• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSReborn

Yeah, for some reason. Thanks for reminding me why I've left all Street Fighter hubs and teaching me to not regret it.
Nobody here is happy about it either. Their PR continues to do stupid shit but at the end of the day getting all pissy isnt making much of a difference.

Whales

Banned
YxQKbKr.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing in that post is that they're trying to elevate uniqueness of characters. Just them acknowledging that it's a real problem is great.

Producer

Sounds like Necalli will be hit with these changes.

Nerfs to aa jabs hurt him, no wakeup dp except ex, no oki off throws at midscreen. He will still have a good anti air with hp dp.

Sounds like Necalli will be hit with these changes.

Nerfs to aa jabs hurt him, no wakeup dp except ex, no oki off throws at midscreen. He will still have a good anti air with hp dp.

He'll still have ZA WARUDO and his frametraps and pressure. Though yes, he's now less of a wall that can't be broken.

I mean most patch notes dont get released till day of or if lucky a few days before the patch drops.

The invincible DP change is going be huge imo.

Sigmaah

The dp change is like the greatest thing that can happen to this game. For me at least.

LMAO FUCK UR FREE WAKEUP DPS NIGGA!!!

The nerf to throw oki mid-stage, and the nerf to DPs are HUGE nerfs to Ken. And Ken apparently has also had his jumping tatsu "fixed" too.

Wonder how Eita's gonna do from this point forward.

Mr. X

Nash dash was already technically slow, his thing was that the startup of it was slow and the moving part of it was quick so it visually looks faster than it really is.

Yeah I don't really mind but isn't his walk speed one of the slowest? I thought he was meant to be really quick because of his slow walk speed.
His forward dash is 17 frames which is pretty good itself but he doesn't actually start to move forward until the 8th frame which is always why it's been so incredibly difficult to react to.

His back dash is fine though. And he certainly is one of the slower moving characters in the game but he makes up for it with incredibly good dashes, and insanely good range and mobility.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BIGDANMUL/status/805386319610290176
Juri's dp button changes to punch. v-skill charge faster.

Uhh, that's actually pretty good, juri's punch buttons are the ones you'd use as AA's anyway, and being able to store the vskill in more situations is good too.
Also her stmp/crmp is the one you'd use to combo into everything, so having srk on that as well is just better motions in general.

Now just some better framedata pls.

Nash dash was already technically slow, his thing was that the startup of it was slow and the moving part of it was quick so it visually looks faster than it really is.

Not true. It's 17 frames total which is definitely above average. The fastest, I believe, are Chun Li's and Ken's at 15. What makes Nash's unique is that he has no forward movement until the 10th frame. It also goes pretty far.

EDIT - Beaten by Luce. My posting speed is slower than Gief's dash! D:

Not true. It's 17 frames total which is definitely above average. The fastest, I believe, are Chun Li's and Ken's at 15. What makes Nash's unique is that he has no forward movement until the 10th frame. It also goes pretty far.

EDIT - Beaten by Luce. My posting speed is slower than Gief's dash! D:
It's ok bro, you got that awesome Lariat now.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sorry if I missed it earlier but is there any info about changes to Ken?

I saw air tatsu hurtbox has been adjusted, which was expected.
I also saw that b.mp is 5f now and won't combo off of lp. Is that true?
Anything else floating around out there?

Pompadour

So does anyone know even scheduled interviews about SFV (like the one on the PlayStation Twitch channel for MvC Infinite that just happened?). I hope someone grills Ono or whoever on clarification on what "5 brand new characters to the SF universe" actually means.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they will improve Ken's run pressure then. Would fit the criteria of "We think that by reducing each character’s similarities, we can allow players to fully express themselves through their favorite characters". The run is his distinct feature.

Skab

@Circa_LPN
M.Bison can link MP/HP flame->lp ball? Ex headstomp pops up grounded opponents & follow up w/devils reverse? Am I seeing this right? :eek: #sfv

WHAT

Edit: also

@Circa_LPN
Grey health regeneration looks like it's taking longer to recover. Kinda like that actually. Can't block for too long Haha. #sfv #psx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom