• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for something substantial. It annoys me that we have to wait WEEKS, but I think it makes sense. There is no way the last big tournament of the year would not be taken into account for the upcoming balance changes.

RIP Mika
WHAT

Edit: also
They need to look at stun regeneration. I feel like the bar starts to deplete way too quickly. Most of the time catching a throw or DP means the one on defense basically just escaped a stun even if they were only a pixel away. If you aren't using a character with speed or a fireball there just isn't a way to keep pressure afterwards and avoid losing all that hard earned stun you racked up.

Mr. X

Ok I'm hype for S2 Characters. The worst new SFV character is better than the best new SF4 character, so I'm optimistic.

vulva

Gimme some vega info if u can pls!!!
St lk is no longer 3f now 4f, air throw hurtbox manipulation is fixed, target combo that ends in vskill is no longer negative on hit, ex ball is plus on block and cr hp improved as aa

Burnout fighter confirmed this.

Vice

Noticed Laura's overhead went over lows yesterday. Quicker walkspeed. Didn't get much time to play SFV.
Anyone else see Laura changes?

Skab

@Circa_LPN
*Update* Ex headstomp doesn't pop up grounded opponent. It just hit the person as they became airborne so it looked like it ;( sorry guys!

Profound sadness

Long Phi Nguyen ‏@Circa_LPN
Bison feels so good! No more wake up DP against him. He can store vskill absorb & release it whenever. Psycho axe feels better. Gah! #sfv

But theres still hope!

Looks like Cr.MP links to St.MK on Akuma, which still forces standing. Very nice.

Also, has it ever been mentioned if LP will reset at the start of a new season?

JayEH

"this rashid won't ex dp 3 times in a row, i just need one more hit for stun. gonna meaty him"

i got a L lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a comprehensible list out there of all changes?

edit: Oh, didn't know there was a thread, thanks

FluxWaveZ

Sure, sending an invite

GGs. My meaty timings are all over the place, especially with Guile. Have to work harder on those, especially with the balance patch incoming.

Sometimes I can zone you out properly with Guile, but other times I just get destroyed. Have to look into what worked. I usually fall apart when I tend to let the opponent jump; maybe I still have to divert way more attention to the skies than I am. There was a set where I started implementing his st.MK as an AA. That felt good.

At least I've started incorporating proper spacing to whiff punish with Mika's st.HP, buffering into her HP Shooting Peach. That makes footsies against characters with better tools somewhat manageable. Her st.MK and cr.MK aren't bad, either. I'll need to start using those a bit more to discourage the opponent from pressing buttons, which is when I can go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom