• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

100 damage sucks, very little or not.

Someone posited that its to keep oki the same while nerfing the throw loops though, which makes more sense.

Csr

Ex scythe kept losing or trading, there doesn't appear to be any invincibility frames that people said were added to the move in the psx build.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
EX Scythe traded on wake-up, yeah. None of this has to be final, though.

Akuma coming up now.

oki isn't the same though, throws put your farther now I believe.
Yeah so you don't have to guess a mix-up and it does less damage...just eat the throw.

Csr

EX Scythe traded on wake-up, yeah. None of this has to be final, though.

It got stuffed completely once and it traded two times probably because problem x doesn't know Cammy's meaties very well. It also traded with a divekick but probably because the ex.scythe was done late.

Csr

What if all the buffs we thought we were getting were lies

and what if additionally the nerfs are all true.

A lot of misinformation being spread with those observations from psx and it was not even the final build.

They finally picked akuma on stream

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This Akuma is so weird, I have no idea how he will turn out. That launcher, that OTG wat

edit: Looks like the best combo ender is...EX demon flip canceled into tatsu lol

edit2: If he whiffs a parry, he is Crush Counterable. wat²
I wonder if they did this to more moves!?

Vice

This Akuma is so weird, I have no idea how he will turn out. That launcher, that OTG wat

edit: Looks like the best combo ender is...EX demon flip canceled into tatsu lol

edit2: If he whiffs a parry, he is Crush Counterable. wat²
I wonder if they did this to more moves!?
May just be his and Ryu's.

Csr

wow raging demon is <3frames, you can tick grab people with it and it also antiairs, that is pretty good.

edit: now that i think about it, it was below 2 frames in sfxt but capcom made it so that you couldn't tick throw people with raging demon, so it may be the same here.

Csr

Wasn't it always like that though? I don't think you could jump away from it point blank in sf4 either.

Only the super version was 1 frame and people couldn't jump out of it after the super flash not the ultra version and the super couldn't antiair, the ultra could.

mbpm1

Akuma still seems slow

Gonna go back and look but his buttons don't look like hot stuff in terms of hitboxes either. Maybe the frame data is good though

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He was + after the cr.hp(?). I don't think any other shoto has that tool. But there will be many medium punches for sure lol

Csr

Akuma still seems slow

Gonna go back and look but his buttons don't look like hot stuff in terms of hitboxes either. Maybe the frame data is good though

Yeah i thought the same thing, he has good antiair normals though and the standing medium kick looks pretty good.

I can't get over some bad animations like cr.mk, st.hk, lk, lp they look pretty awkward and janky to me.

mbpm1

Yeah i thought the same thing, he has good antiair normals though and the standing medium kick looks pretty good.

I can't get over some bad animations like cr.mk, st.hk, lk, lp they look pretty awkward and janky to me.

cr. mk looks like it has worse range than ryu's lol

i'm still gonna try him out but I can't help but get the feeling that I'm looking at Juri as a shoto with less life and less range.

also unlike in the character trailer he does indeed take gray life and the parry ALSO has counterhit afterwards. The parry itself is gonna be nearly useless most of the time then. At least you can just use the hits for good effect but srsly

Csr

cr. mk looks like it has worse range than ryu's lol

i'm still gonna try him out but I can't help but get the feeling that I'm looking at Juri as a shoto with less life and less range.

also unlike in the character trailer he does indeed take gray life and the parry ALSO has counterhit afterwards. The parry itself is gonna be nearly useless most of the time then. At least you can just use the hits for good effect but srsly

I also don't get the vtrigger only lasting for three enhanced specials either.

I can't tell if he is good or not right now tbh, he looks like he has quite a few flaws though.

Csr

Akuma's vskill is looking like a really good Anti air into combo.

Anti air jabs still seem to work.

I think considering his other antiair options vskill for antiair may be too risky. If they don't press a button and you whiff it, they get a crush counter. A back fierce which launches them for a juggle or an srk seems better, less damage but no risk.
I could see it being good once in a while though.

mbpm1

V-skill aa also soaks up that grey life.

You could get the air damage, do the combo, have someone not quickrise, play neutral for a few moments and then lose like 80 grey life on your 875 damage character a few moments later on top of being hit by whatever hit you.

The designers must really want you to play like a god/rushdown to make up for that.

Csr

V-skill aa also soaks up that grey life.

You could get the air damage, do the combo, have someone not quickrise, play neutral for a few moments and then lose like 80 grey life on your 875 damage character a few moments later on top of being hit by whatever hit you.

The designers must really want you to play like a god/rushdown to make up for that.

Good point. I forgot how slowly grey bar recovers in that build.

mbpm1

Good point. I forgot how slowly grey bar recovers in that build.

I watched it happen a few times during the stream

80 damage is probably an exaggeration though, but even 30-50 is stuff you don't want to take with that life.

MrCarter

I saw WSO earlier and I think Akuma looks very dynamic, he has a lot of good tools with a lot of combo potential. Not a fan of the Lion King mane however lol.

Edzi

I saw WSO earlier and I think Akuma looks very dynamic, he has a lot of good tools with a lot of combo potential. Not a fan of the Lion Ling mane however lol.

I kinda dig the lion mane, though I wish he had a bit more hair on his cheeks/chin to avoid the weird flower/neckbeard look. Still, I think he looks pretty good both in appearance (He's basically Ganondorf) and gameplay, and I'm definitely going to consider making him my shoto main.

MrCarter

I kinda dig the lion mane, though I wish he had a bit more hair on his cheeks/chin to avoid the weird flower/neckbeard look. Still, I think he looks pretty good both in appearance (He's basically Ganondorf) and gameplay, and I'm definitely going to consider making him my shoto main.

Oh yeah, gameplay wise he's definitely one of the most freshest Shoto's since the birth of the SF series. Really commend Capcom on that front.

I mean, he doesn't advance up the leaderboard by playing casual matches doing that, so I don't really get why he's a prime example of needing them to be reset

So that nobody other than player who aren't ranked have to deal with him. And I don't think he has played Ranked match seeing he's been platinum for a couple of months now. He ruins the fun for everybody around the LP.

or have a lobby for Matchmaking to avoid him. But some people do not want that.

vulva

So that nobody other than player who aren't ranked have to deal with him. And I don't think he has played Ranked match seeing he's been platinum for a couple of months now. He ruins the fun for everybody around the LP.

or have a lobby for Matchmaking to avoid him.

I've ran in to him several times. I beat him quickly then move on. He doesn't ruin the fun for everybody near his LP, stop exaggerating over such a minor issue. There's way more shit that capcom should (and won't) fix, having to make easy FM and waste 3 minutes of your life isn't ruining anything for anyone.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

or have a lobby for Matchmaking to avoid him. But some people do not want that.
If he's farming xp then he intends to continue to play the game. Resetting his points won't stop him from irritating people.

What you mean to complain about is that matchmaking fucked up, which has been a problem for you since forever.

Resetting the leaderboard won't stop rage quitting either. I don't understand your thought process.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? It's with Laura: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8Pl7lZa-E

The beginning of the video is me doing "CC st.HP xx V-Skill > st.HP xx V-Skill > command grab" twice to show that this is a thing and that I can do it consistently. I can do the final command grab with 90% accuracy right now.

The second part, however, is me doing "CC st.HP xx V-Skill > st.HP xx EX Thunder Clap > st.HP (juggle) xx V-Skill > failed command grab attempt" twice. I have no idea what's going on, but I can only pull off the final command grab at the end of this sequence with 10-20% accuracy, and I'm not convinced it's something fundamental with my execution.

It's like there's something in the game going, "At the end of this sequence, prevent Laura from command grabbing." It's just a V-Skill > command grab like the first part's sequence, but I can never get it down properly. Anyone know what's going on, or can anyone else do this properly?

I've lost tournament matches because of this lol I've seen lots of other Laura players experience it too.

It happened to me at Dreamhack vs Yomi but I got a crush counter out by accident. I think you just have to pause a bit before going for the command grab which sucks because it gives the opponent more time to react. I've recorded myself doing it, getting the st.HK out then have to computer repeat the exact same inputs and get the command throw out. Reversing the inputs can work but depending on where you are after the CC V-Skill forward etc, you might not need it and get st.HK anyway lol

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ Laura problems

Csr

I've ran in to him several times. I beat him quickly then move on. He doesn't ruin the fun for everybody near his LP, stop exaggerating over such a minor issue. There's way more shit that capcom should (and won't) fix, having to make easy FM and waste 3 minutes of your life isn't ruining anything for anyone.

It is not a big problem because not many people are doing it right now and you are right capcom has a lot more important things to fix but a few months back i used to get constantly matched in casual mode with two people that did this and it made casual mode a complete waste of time for me.
I am not sure what capcom could do about it though.

Producer

I've also ran into Ossiel for 3+ times in a row, multiple times. Its annoying as shit i wouldnt mind him getting hit with a character level and FM reset lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom