• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Possible new extreme survival cheese with urien

Also Desk put up a Gief video.

pgLvzm.gif

EventHubs put up a news-item about the leak, and I don't think they actually understood what is going on:
Users over on Neogaf have discovered a file in the PC version of Street Fighter 5 that are indicative of Season 2 changes. This file is said to be larger than the game's current branch by about 1.76 GBs.

The file is not password protected, so it is easy to obtain.

Wat?

Also, it looks like I missed everything today. Finally got home, and now the 'test200' branch is password protected. But props to everyone who managed to find out stuff!

Ucchedavāda;226665754 said:
EventHubs put up a news-item about the leak, and I don't think they actually understood what is going on:

Wat?

Also, it looks like I missed everything today. Finally got home, and now the 'test200' branch is password protected. But props to everyone who managed to find out stuff!

My friend already have the file, for some reason the game didn't see his install and made him reinstall today, his install went from 10.4 gigs to almost 18..

Shadoken

Wohooo All the Nash nerfs from the WSO build seem to have gone away. Backdash is still slightly reduced range.

St.MP now combos into LP Tragedy Assault. With Meter gain being reduced , this could be a huge tool in Footsies. Nash can completely prevent opponent from gaining a bar by using St.MP->TA buffered as a poke.

EX scythe is confirmed to have no invinc.

Wohooo All the Nash nerfs from the WSO build seem to have gone away. Backdash is still slightly reduced range.

St.MP now combos into LP Tragedy Assault. With Meter gain being reduced , this could be a huge tool in Footsies. Nash can completely prevent opponent from gaining a bar by using St.MP->TA buffered as a poke.

Yes!

That's nice if they keep it, since I rarely saw anyone use that move.

Edzi

Awesome. I don't use Nash, but tragedy assault was his coolest move and it was a shame how rarely it got used.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you go to Japan and get fucked up in a hotel room? Especially if you are going to play in Topanga?

My friend already have the file, for some reason the game didn't see his install and made him reinstall today, his install went from 10.4 gigs to almost 18..
Is it the DLC maybe? Gotta uncheck that.

Csr

M.scythe and h.scythe leave you at a much bigger advantage midscreen, i don't think better meter gain is enough to make the move used much more outside of the corner.

Shadoken

Nash MK Scythe Pushback has been reduced. Fair change I suppose. That shit was safe at distances I didnt think it would be safe at.

https://gyazo.com/35e107265c41d5e1b161ed7be0b0789e

M.scythe and h.scythe leave you at a much bigger advantage midscreen, i don't think better meter gain is enough to make the move used much more outside of the corner.

It really depends on how much the meter gain has been nerfed in the game.

If I can prevent some characters from accessing their EX bar and keep forcing them to play neutral. Instead of doing a HK Scythe and dashing up for a meaty to get blown up by a EX DP.

Not saying HK and MK scythe dont have a use. But LP TA is just more useful now.

Can anyone translate this message:
パスワード掛かっていなかったので急遽追加(William)

It was added as a description of the 'test200' branch of SFV when they password protected it:
https://steamdb.info/app/310950/history/?changeid=2542244

EDIT: They've completely nuked the test200 branch. I guess it was just supposed to be used for a quick internal test.

Edzi

can't expect otherwise from Ken players

He almost had me believing it was actually as big of a deal as some are making it sound, but then someone on gaf pointed out that only 4 characters had invincible DPs in the first place (and all 4 were top tier) so that kind of put it into perspective.

Edzi

I'm just waiting to co-main Akuma and Nash. Nash hasn't been touched that much so I'm thankful for that.

I'll be trying to main Alex, Urien, and Akuma come season 2. Dunno how much they balance each other out, but man are they fun to play.

I might also add in Ibuki or Juri if the buffs are kind to them.

DatFeetLee said Juri got some buffs but I didn't see what.

And David said he doesn't like the meter gain and life being lowered. Did it seem that ig of deal in the beta?

I'll be trying to main Alex, Urien, and Akuma come season 2. Dunno how much they balance each other out, but man are they fun to play.

Definitely Akuma and Urien. I've put too much time in the latter to drop him despite my constant bitching. I'll probably keep a pocket Nash around because I like his TA stuff getting more focus. I wanted to learn Vega but his stance stuff isn't vibing with me well, Bison's buffs might b cool but charge characters are pretty hard for me, and my Necaili got ate up so much I dropped him. So maybe just those three.

Mœbius

I'm also on the Urien and Akuma train (along with my initial main from the starting roster Laura... sounds like I should definitely continue practicing with her as a pocket character based on the reported changes).

Are you me? I usually rotate between Alex, Guile, Urien, and soon to be Akuma. Haven't really touched Nash as much last few months.

And David said he doesn't like the meter gain and life being lowered. Did it seem that ig of deal in the beta?

Definitely Akuma and Urien. I've put too much time in the latter to drop him despite my constant bitching. I'll probably keep a pocket Nash around because I like his TA stuff getting more focus. I wanted to learn Vega but his stance stuff isn't vibing with me well, Bison's buffs might b cool but charge characters are pretty hard for me, and my Necaili got ate up so much I dropped him. So maybe just those three.

>Is maining Urien.
>Won't play Bison cause he's charge;hates charge characters.

Wot?

lol just playing with ya. I'm actually gonna try & do Alex/Urien/Bison for S2, unless one of the newcomers really blow me away, or they buff Juri in a way where picking her up again makes sense. God, I wanted to love Juri so bad but she was just ass.

>Is maining Urien.
>Won't play Bison cause he's charge;hates charge characters.

Wot?

lol just playing with ya. I'm actually gonna try & do Alex/Urien/Bison for S2, unless one of the newcomers really blow me away, or they buff Juri in a way where picking her up again makes sense. God, I wanted to love Juri so bad but she was just ass.

For whatever reason, Bison feels harder to do shit with. At least Urien's normals hide the fact that I can't partition right!

I really just want Akuma. From what I've seen, he won't let me down.

Mœbius

For whatever reason, Bison feels harder to do shit with. At least Urien's normals hide the fact that I can't partition right!
Same here actually; not sure what it is but I remember having way more trouble with Bison's trials - think I didn't get beyond 8 - whereas I breezed through Urien's.

Wait, what even happened to Necalli?

Mœbius;226672996 said:
Same here actually; not sure what it is but I remember having way more trouble with Bison's trials - think I didn't get beyond 8 - whereas I breezed through Urien's.

Maybe I just like Urien enough to deal with it. Who knows.

Wait, what even happened to Necalli?

He got some nerfs but I was mainly speaking about how terribly I performed with him.

shoutouts to capcom for the radio silence a week before the big update

I really don't think the update is next week. I think the beta is next week, but as for the actual update, I really doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom