• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdie changes from reddit

Not sure how I feel about these. st.HK into st.MP doesn't seem really that necessary but I'll take it.

Also what does raw confirm mean?
I like a LOT of these changes. That st.hk comboing into st.mp is so damn good!!

Raw confirm means confirming with just that one move.

EDIT: You also forgot my favourite part. "also cmd throw does more damage, better kd advantage"

St.hk CC into heavy command throw was already like 300 damage, now it's even more.

myco666

I like a LOT of these changes. That st.hk comboing into st.mp is so damn good!!

Raw confirm means confirming with just that one move.

EDIT: You also forgot my favourite part. "also cmd throw does more damage, better kd advantage"

St.hk CC into heavy command throw was already like 300 damage, now it's even more.

Actually yeah doesn't st.mp hit way farther than st.lp? Could be real good then.

So it means that earlier you always had to buffer it?

That Command throw buff is fantastic I agree.

kirblar

Birdie got slight nerfs to EX Dive, Slide and St MK, but it looks like QoL improvements and buffs everywhere else. Very happy to see the command grab buffed- it just wasn't worth it outside of EX previously, especially since getting opportunities to land it wasn't easy given his zoning playstyle.

He always reminded me of Vinny Jones.
Actually yeah doesn't st.mp hit way farther than st.lp? Could be real good then.

So it means that earlier you always had to buffer it?

That Command throw buff is fantastic I agree.
Yeah, you had to buffer it. Seems they've given him better hit confirms now, and tbh that was basically my biggest issue with the character.

mbpm1

I only watched a little, but when he was playing he would curse and yell and call his opponent a fucking scrub, that Japan was free, that his Laura was better than any European Laura bc he puts in work (laura isn't even his main), and then immediately after he'd be like "also good games"

it was lol

I only watched a little, but when he was playing he would curse and yell and call his opponent a fucking scrub, that Japan was free, that his Laura was better than any European Laura bc he puts in work (laura isn't even his main), and then immediately after he'd be like "also good games"

it was lol

It's all about setting up the Option Select Johns, man. That way you have an easy out if you lose shamefully yet you can paint yourself as the heroic underdog who had the deck stacked against them if you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom