• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

So do we think Akuma will be a Season 1 character or Season 2? He's playable at fhe very beginning of December, after all.

Regardless, if he's released in January that gives me more hope that the Season 2 cast is more than 6 characters.

It'd be almost cool if they just added him separate to the season 2 characters, like a special DLC character. Probably will just be the first season 2 character though.

Pachinko

I perhaps got myself way to excited lately for season 2 of SFV recently. I really think Capcom does "get" what was missing and plans to fix things in the coming months , repairing the foundation into a strong , sturdy platform for the next few years.

But, it got me thinking - I was kind of set on expecting only 1-2 characters to kick off season 2 in maybe February but , what if - they add 4 characters right from the get go ?

Instead of tossing in a newbie every month, they wait until May and toss in another 2 characters (with a slight tweak to anything that's broken). Then, the game stays that way until after EVO where , In august it gets 2 more characters. Cosmetic DLC , colors, stages , etc come out in the months between major character updates to pad out the whole year and then. Maybe at the end of October we get 2 more characters still to close off the season.

Man, that would be great , having huge content drops every 3 months for people to really sink their teeth into.

So we could start off with the Fan Pack - Akuma, Sakura, Sagat and Dan , then throw in C.Viper and Ed in the late spring , Fei Long and Azam in the summer and round out the year with Hakkan and Abel :p

But seriously though guys, I just need to stop complaining how much I suck and git gud at SFV...

tribal24

Banned
I think Akuma will be separate form the season 2 characters. i think Akumal will either be a free character for season pass holders or free to everyone.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I will go nuts whenever Sagat is announced officially. So curious how he'll look with this engine. My hope is that they actually give him his OG athletic Muy Thai look but they'll probably go with Alpha buff style.

GGs Prod

High level chun is fucking horrifying. No idea how to deal with IS legs yet as Bison.

The hurtbox for the move extends more to the side and below the hitbox. So a move like the cr.mp might actually be good at hitting it before it hits you. You'll have to go into training mode to check but it's not difficult to condition yourself to it.

DR2K

Banned
I have a feeling a lot more, "SFV killed my family and ruined my life so it cannot be saved" posts are coming.

mooncakes

Don't get too hype for Akuma yet guys. The Akuma you all know and love might not be the same from previous games. Hopefully he doesn't lose like half his special moves like Ibuki.

Skab

The hurtbox for the move extends more to the side and below the hitbox. So a move like the cr.mp might actually be good at hitting it before it hits you. You'll have to go into training mode to check but it's not difficult to condition yourself to it.

GGs man. Yeah it is tough for bison. i think his stand jab might be his button for it. Or maybe cMP.

Yeah time to do some research/lab time.

Just happy I got a couple off you though, even if they were scrubby lol. Chun is so stressful to fight. Every time I managed to get a slight opening/interrupt something, I wasn't ready for it and failed to follow up quite a few times. Lots of dropped stuff too.

I'll get there though! I'm determined.

Alright, I'll invite you in approximately 4 minutes.

Edit: Sorry about that, I'd rather go for a 1v1 lobby right now.

Thats it for me Flux GGs. Your Mika is ridiculous. Doesnt help I get all types of tilted when I fight that character haha.

Also i press way too many buttons.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone else want to play?

Thats it for me Flux GGs. Youre Mika is ridiculous. Doesnt help I get all types of tilted when I fight that character haha.

GGs! I've been fighting a whole lot of Uriens lately. Scary character; it feels good to successfully get out of his V-Trigger stuff.

And yeah, I don't typically play my Mika as insane as that, but I did it there because it was working, heh.

Thats it for me Flux GGs. Your Mika is ridiculous. Doesnt help I get all types of tilted when I fight that character haha.

add me I'll be back on tomorrow

PSN Omnicloud

CFN Omnicloud or ElisJah

Also any Bison and/or Sim players add me, my worse matches.

GGs! I've been fighting a whole lot of Uriens lately. Scary character; it feels good to successfully get out of his V-Trigger stuff.

And yeah, I don't typically play my Mika as insane as that, but I did it there because it was working, heh.

Yeah you blew up my overhead reset once and I never tried it again. And yea I have a problem when fighting Mika. All the guessing gets me upset and I end up just trying to mash out of stuff lol.

Producer

Yeah time to do some research/lab time.

Just happy I got a couple off you though, even if they were scrubby lol. Chun is so stressful to fight. Every time I managed to get a slight opening/interrupt something, I wasn't ready for it and failed to follow up quite a few times. Lots of dropped stuff too.

I'll get there though! I'm determined.

Haha not scrubby at all dude, you were catching me with dash up throws a ton. I feel like bison just has to go ham sometimes if he wants the win. he has a hard time. But yeah definately hit the lab and find what works for ia legs.

Durden77

Whoa wait, Akuma's coming?!? Sick! I wonder if he's going to bring in season 2, or if he's going to be his own deal.

If he's starting season 2, that's coming a lot earlier than expected.

Man, for all the shit this game gets and it not performing to expectations, they are really puttin the work into making this game stronger and more exciting all the time. It's going to go down as my favorite fighting game ever as long as they keep this up.

I think Akuma will be separate form the season 2 characters. i think Akumal will either be a free character for season pass holders or free to everyone.
While I don't think it's super likely, I could def see them giving Akuma away to everyone who already owns the game as an apology/thanks for supporting their shitty first year.

Hows the OG Mad Catz FightPad PRO? Saw it pretty cheap and thought about picking one up since I can't play a fighter without six buttons, but ive heard mixed stories about the circle dpad.
Anyone here ever use one?

They haven't given him a release date yet, though.

Yeah, I'm gonna remind everyone than Balrog was fully playable behind closed doors at Capcom Cup 2015 and he didn't launch until July 2016. Just cuz Akuma's gonna be playable next month doesn't necessarily mean his release is imminent.

Gonna stick by my wishlist of Poison and Q for the next wave of DLC. I played Ultra for the first time since SFV's launch yesterday and it reminded me of how amazingly fun Poison is to play.

Crayon

Yeah, I'm gonna remind everyone than Balrog was fully playable behind closed doors at Capcom Cup 2015 and he didn't launch until July 2016. Just cuz Akuma's gonna be playable next month doesn't necessarily mean his release is imminent.

Gonna stick by my wishlist of Poison and Q for the next wave of DLC. I played Ultra for the first time since SFV's launch yesterday and it reminded me of how amazingly fun Poison is to play.

I'd go back to Poison.

Akuma with long hair or a man bun?
1238895886504840879.jpg

I'd go back to Poison.
I like you two, you have good taste in characters.

ZeroWil

So anyone else think (or maybe hope) that there may be 8+ characters for Season 2 instead of 6? It's wishful thinking probably but hey I'm a believer.

Akuma
C. Viper
Decapre
Sakura

These four are essentially a lock.
Then throw in Sagat (or maybe Adon with some new moves).
Next we'll say two characters from SF3 such as Sean (could just start training under Ken), Oro, Necro, or Makoto (Capcom pls).

Finally round out with a new character or two?
While 6 would be alright with me I have high hopes we'll get a few more than that.

Hey,I wrote things for RBBG go check them out ;_;

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331827824526/akuma-revealed-at-red-bull-battle-grounds

Asked some good players what they think of the DLC characters before they knew about Akuma

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esport...-ono-street-fighter-5-interview-cpt-na-finals

That Ono interview. There's more stuff to come too.
That's a great writeup, enjoyed reading it. Ono is so damn likeable.

And that picture of Chris T is cool.

FluxWaveZ

Do we have any Guile mains here? I'm looking for some charging tips, since I'm having trouble with some of his BnBs.

Guess I'll just have to keep at it to get it into muscle memory.

Coda

I will go nuts whenever Sagat is announced officially. So curious how he'll look with this engine. My hope is that they actually give him his OG athletic Muy Thai look but they'll probably go with Alpha buff style.

Same. Will main him if he is in Season 2.

FluxWaveZ

Which BnBs are you having trouble with?

Oh man, do I need to go to a Guile Boot Camp right about now.

It's mainly the corner stuff that requires precision charging, like let's say the first part of this video before he activates V-Trigger. I can get it, like, 40% of the time, but getting that second boom to come out is pretty tough on me right now.

He becomes really combo focused in the corner. I think he has one which ends with df.HK > Sommersault that I'm not sure how to do. I've practiced the standard V-Trigger loop, which I can get down 70% of the time now, but that won't do much for me right now.

Don't get too hype for Akuma yet guys. The Akuma you all know and love might not be the same from previous games. Hopefully he doesn't lose like half his special moves like Ibuki.

Was thinking about the same thing actually. I doubt they will change him drastically since he is a shoto, but you never know.

He will probably suck and everyone will drop him...

...then in October or so, [insert name here] will start bodying people with him, and everyone will say "I knew he was good all along!"

The circle of life.

Oh man, do I need to go to a Guile Boot Camp right about now.

It's mainly the corner stuff that requires precision charging, like let's say the first part of this video before he activates V-Trigger. I can get it, like, 40% of the time, but getting that second boom to come out is pretty tough on me right now.

He becomes really combo focused in the corner. I think he has one which ends with df.HK > Sommersault that I'm not sure how to do. I've practiced the standard V-Trigger loop, which I can get down 70% of the time now, but that won't do much for me right now.

The first boom in that combo tends to throw off my timing for the rest of it too, so in a pinch, I usually just go j.HK->c.MP->Boom->s.HP->c.MP->Boom->df.HK->Knee Bazooka reset or Flash Kick as a corner BnB, which may be the one you were thinking of.

The trick to working that extra boom in there seems to be in making sure that you're delaying the punch input on both of them so that you're it when you're already back to charging, and also not cancelling immediately after the c.MP (which seems to be the key with all of Guile's BnBs in this game).

So you want to go j.HK (charging back) -> (land) f, b +P, c.MP, f, b +P, making sure to go to forward on the second boom with a slight delay after the c.MP, rather than an immediate cancel.

Csr

Nice OT. Good timing with the Akuma tease.

As for Akuma they should at least show how he looks or just a little bit more of him, a move or something.

I am in diamond league, why does that v-league thing shows me as super platinum?
I don't even remember when was the last time i was super platinum.

FluxWaveZ

The first boom in that combo tends to throw off my timing for the rest of it too, so in a pinch, I usually just go j.HK->c.MP->Boom->s.HP->c.MP->Boom->df.HK->Knee Bazooka reset or Flash Kick as a corner BnB, which may be the one you were thinking of.

The trick to working that extra boom in there seems to be in making sure that you're delaying the punch input on both of them so that you're it when you're already back to charging, and also not cancelling immediately after the c.MP (which seems to be the key with all of Guile's BnBs in this game).

So you want to go j.HK (charging back) -> (land) f, b +P, c.MP, f, b +P, making sure to go to forward on the second boom with a slight delay after the c.MP, rather than an immediate cancel.

Thanks a lot for your help, all of this is what I needed to hear if I'm going to be serious with Guile. I think what throws me off the most is not cancelling immediately after the c.MP but waiting just a few frames after it lands. Really odd timing for me right now, but I'm sure it'll become second nature once I get used to it.

Also, I think I was doing f + P, then immediately back to charge. If it's forward and THEN back + P, that would explain how I was messing up some of my sequences.

Mr. X

He will probably suck and everyone will drop him...

...then in October or so, [insert name here] will start bodying people with him, and everyone will say "I knew he was good all along!"

The circle of life.

Juri, Ibuki, Rog and Bison players are still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom