• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

Woo new OT! And Akuma announced? Well this is a decent morning.

Juris boobs, Cammys nipples and Mikas butt slap getting changed? I'll agree with you that those alterations suck.

Cammys nipples is probably most ridiculous thing I have heard anyone complain about.

Alucrid

Banned
no not more latex discussion please

Ay0x6Sp.gif

That OP title by the way is probably the most accurate statement I've ever seen.

As soon as I learned about the importance of fundamentals during my early days, I felt like I just fell back to square one. It didn't feel good at the time.

I don't like the latex shirt, the pants part is fine. I just remove it with mods, thank goodness for mods.

While having a latex shirt under a jacket might not make much sense, I'd much rather have that than open cleavage for no real reason

When they revealed her design in Cammy's story mode, I thought it looked really bad, even aside from the shit art. But when they showed her in the Balrog trailer, I was hyped for the change.

no not more latex discussion please

Ay0x6Sp.gif

I haven't had one yet though.

Just kidding, didn't know it was a really annoying discussion to some people.

Sorry.

Are they any useful youtube vids or channels where they teach you the basics and terminology for noobs like me?

VesperArcade is a cool channel that's focused more on trials, but he also has some tutorials on the basics:

Street Fighter V Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2OZoRrfos&list=PLIhWuF_5aE1_xHpDsJD1U2OgU4ZuAZrxp&index=1

I'm not good at these games, but the number one advice I would give is to just press buttons and have fun. It's easy to get so caught up into the theoretical stuff to the point where you forget that most things revolve around having a feel for the game.

I know that was the main mistake I made when I played SSF4 for the first time. Felt like I had to look at all these tutorials, visit shoryuken forums, etc, but none of that replaces pressing buttons and watching cool stuff happen on screen. Once you get a feel for the game then you can go on your own personal journey.

Scotia

Banned
Didn't expect a Season 2 announcement this early, never mind an Akuma teaser! Really hope they announce the rest of Season 2 at PSX/CC

Zerojul

A bit lttp but Gouki needed to happen and the new stage looks dope af. Plus info about season 2 was long overdue.
Nothing but good news here :)

I'd love to see some Gouken + Akuma storyline action!

Do we think Akuma will get some storyline action? Or just kind of dropped in for play?

The 6 DLC characters were a part of the story mode for this year, some with a more critical role than others, so I imagine Akuma and the other DLC charactersmight be a part of what happens in the new story mode.

lupinko

Who are the notable Lauras that I should watch? I want to take up this character for fun. I'm trying to figure stuff out in casual mode while trying to do that cross up mission.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Got bored so I made a personal tier list. Within each tier, characters on the left have fewer flaws than those on the right.

AsoJLMS.png

I don't think any character in the game is necessarily bad this time around, and that's phenomenal. Every character is competitively viable, even if it's easier for some to find success than others.

Vega higher than Guile? Errrr, nope, not even close

Any Bison Mains?

I don’t get how he went from super high to super low! Top Bisons online still give me a lot of trouble. Feels bad man...haven’t figured out him or Sim lol...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Any Bison Mains?

I don’t get how he went from super high to super low! Top Bisons online still give me a lot of trouble. Feels bad man...haven’t figured out him or Sim lol...
Bison does really well online, look at both V-League tier lists: https://v-league.pro/tierslist

The thing with him at a high level is that those players just kind of block all of his pressure. His awful walkspeed also makes it harder for him to open people up like other characters can.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Are there any Season 2 character rumors that are somewhat based on, well, anything? Sagat seems like a logical choice, for example. I really want Gen back but can't see how he fits.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any Season 2 character rumors that are somewhat based on, well, anything? Sagat seems like a logical choice, for example. I really want Gen back but can't see how he fits.
It's mostly based on the different story modes. Abel, C. Viper, Oro, Ed and Decapre play a big role. On the other hand, Akuma is not in it at all and we still got him...

myco666

Who are the notable Lauras that I should watch? I want to take up this character for fun. I'm trying to figure stuff out in casual mode while trying to do that cross up mission.

Obviously our lord and saviour Mike Ross. Will2pac and Wolfkrone are doing well with Laura.

Gusto

Call me troll but, I want to see Dan as top tier. Also I really want some PS4pro upgrade. I know that some were saying that with the usb cable connected to the pro that there would be less latency. I wonder if that applies to SFV.

I'm guessing Akuma's supers will be demon and misogi.
Unless they change the input for demon so you can actually combo into it.

Edit:

What if, akuma is the boss for upcoming arcade mode? Or extra battle final boss?
Could be a nice little teaser before S2.

I'm guessing Akuma's supers will be demon and misogi.
Unless they change the input for demon so you can actually combo into it.

Edit:

What if, akuma is the boss for upcoming arcade mode? Or extra battle final boss?
Could be a nice little teaser before S2.

Yeah, that would be like a throwback to the time release arcade characters.

I'm actually most hype about what Akuma's theme might sound like.
Never the biggest Akuma fan, but I always digged his ST and Alpha theme.

I love necalli's theme because it kinda has that same vibe to it.

This please

Screw the drip feed. We don't need that over an entire year.

That's probably going to be the case this year though... there wasn't a scrap of code in the files indicating Akuma was coming. We (I) just got lucky with that file with all the DLC last year.

That's cool though.... I literally gasped when they showed the Akuma teaser. It's more exciting this way.

LakeEarth

I appreciate being in the OP! I feel like a fraud, considering I'm only 5 points above the platinum threshold. I really wish I had more time to play the game.

RB taught me so many things about Urien. Really surprised that he almost never anti-aired. I know they aren't great, but s.HK has its uses. He must have absolutely no confidence in it.

Onemic

I appreciate being in the OP! I feel like a fraud, considering I'm only 5 points above the platinum threshold. I really wish I had more time to play the game.

RB taught me so many things about Urien. Really surprised that he almost never anti-aired. I know they aren't great, but s.HK has its uses. He must have absolutely no confidence in it.

Im actually interested in using Urien after watching RB. It seems like Urien has a good neutral game, judging by the range of his normals. How good is his neutral relative to the rest of the cast like Chun and Karin? Also how bad are his AA's and Reversals? Ive been outta the loop on SFV since the first week of release.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Urien is a little different. He has great range, can cover a lot of space with his special moves and can fish with his CC hp well, but the moves are slow. He's no Chun or Karin in that regard.

mbpm1

Im actually interested in using Urien after watching RB. It seems like Urien has a good neutral game, judging by the range of his normals. How good is his neutral relative to the rest of the cast like Chun and Karin? Also how bad are his AA's and Reversals? Ive been outta the loop on SFV since the first week of release.

His AAs are apparently garbage considering RB didn't AA all weekend.

JayEH

Yeah RB got interviewed there and he said he couldn't find a reliable AA so he just doesn't try.

Skilletor

I'm far from the only person who thinks this. Vega is really good in this game.

Things change. Haven't seen any character putting in much work with Vega, and his weaknesses are becoming more apparent, whereas Du just bodied Tokido in two sets with Guile showing that true zoning is indeed possible and those booms are hard to fight.

I definitely wouldn't put vega above Guile right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom