• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

cackhyena

God if finding opponents could be1/10th as fast as Hearthstone...

I search for another match and immediately I'll go wait I wanna switch a card out. Game's like nope we goin in right now let's go.

Z..

Is the server STILL down since yesterday or did it come back and died again? Still have the PS4 "stuck" in rest mode so I can claim my reward for hard survival...

Btw, quick question. Currently playing the PS4 version but getting a new rig in March, is my current account compatible with the PC version (as in, will I have to unlock everything again or can I just transition smoothly to PC)?

Haunts gave some PR answers, because that's probably all he's allowed to do, but at least they are monitoring the complaints list. I have a little more faith in Capcom in terms of listening to their consumers, but I'll still need to see the goods.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...e_list_of_issues_by_priority_round_2/dcza3qy/

Nice of him to reach out, considering that it is not his responsibility.
I do hope that Capcom will be able to deliver this time.

RK9039

Server maintenance again? wtf.

Just perfected a Cammy with my Venom Nash, almost double perfect actually, so I guess I'll stop now.

ElFly

servers are down again to fix the login issues _again_

I feel bad for the guy

e: oh I just saw the haunts post

In terms of communication, I know it seems like an eternity for updates but keep in mind Akuma just dropped a little over a month ago along with 92 pages of balance changes. To set expectations, expect info drops from us roughly every other month. It's tough to get out any meaningful news every single month so just keep that in mind.

well at least that's kind of realistic. I guess mid february to know something about the next DLC guy? crossing fingers?

Haunts. Harrison. Ono.

The deal still stands.

I'll eat if you provide the garnish.

xvideos, redtube, justin.tv, whatever.

All you gotta do is show off those DLC characters, maybe some CPT event info, and that's it. I'll feast.

I can only work my magic so much so you know we are desperate.

Told you guys wasn't just being salty because my main got weaker, this balance update was crappy. I disagree this needs time to cook, it's too much negativity from the people who actually loved the game.

Like seriously, I was practically a Capcom employee when this thing launched in straight up defense mode. They dropped the ball IMO. What infiltration did with Nash should have been exploited more, not nerfing his mobility, Everyone should have just been buffed to Chun-status, I can't believe they just did a flip flop of who's top tier characters instead of just making more low tier characters strong.

Now, the enjoyment you get out of the game probably comes down to who you choose to play, which I guess is fine. But after putting in so much practice time, just feels like my time was not rewarded. still like seeing the tourney's though, when is the next big one?

Told you guys wasn't just being salty because my main got weaker, this balance update was crappy. I disagree this needs time to cook, it's too much negativity from the people who actually loved the game.

Like seriously, I was practically a Capcom employee when this thing launched in straight up defense mode. They dropped the ball IMO. What infiltration did with Nash should have been exploited more, not nerfing his mobility, Everyone should have just been buffed to Chun-status, I can't believe they just did a flip flop of who's top tier characters instead of just making more low tier characters strong.

Now, the enjoyment you get out of the game probably comes down to who you choose to play, which I guess is fine. But after putting in so much practice time, just feels like my time was not rewarded. still like seeing the tourney's though, when is the next big one?

Don't you play Ken? He's still good. Your character getting weaker sucks, but that's the problem: people view this shit in a bubble. SFV is, by and large, pretty balanced, so it's not like there's a gulf between tiers like Jojo HttF or most older 2D fighting games.

People bitch every update for almost every game. If it's not SF, it's NRS games (though, they change that shit too much), or Gundam's ridiculous hold on keeping high tiers too strong. Some people are already complaining about GG's changes.

I'm not saying it's not right to complain, but at some level, there's no such thing as perfect balance. The only characters that need work are FANG, Alex, and possibly Nash (though Bonchan's recent showings have me a little more confident). Like, what are you losing to? What are your bad matchups? How are you losing? This game has problems, but it's important to make sure it's not you and not the game.

We need to let the meta rock. Everyone thinks their character needs this or that without exploring their options. It takes months to sort that shit out. Nobody figures out a fighting game character in two months, much less the applications to the rest of the cast.

If it makes you feel better, Momo, Chris T, and a bunch of other Ken mains have stuck by him. A few people have changed them, and some have moved to the DLC characters since they've gotten better, but a lot of people are keeping their characters.

I worry whatever deity responds to ass-eating magicks is going to get tired of always having to deal with Street Fighter nonsense lately.

This is my last cash in. I promise.

Don't you play Ken? He's still good. Your character getting weaker sucks, but that's the problem: people view this shit in a bubble. SFV is, by and large, pretty balanced, so it's not like there's a gulf between tiers like Jojo HttF or most older 2D fighting games.

People bitch every update for almost every game. If it's not SF, it's NRS games (though, they change that shit too much), or Gundam's ridiculous hold on keeping high tiers too strong. Some people are already complaining about GG's changes.

I'm not saying it's not right to complain, but at some level, there's no such thing as perfect balance. The only characters that need work are FANG, Alex, and possibly Nash (though Bonchan's recent showings have me a little more confident). Like, what are you losing to? What are your bad matchups? How are you losing? This game has problems, but it's important to make sure it's not you and not the game.

We need to let the meta rock. Everyone thinks their character needs this or that without exploring their options. It takes months to sort that shit out. Nobody figures out a fighting game character in two months, much less the applications to the rest of the cast.

If it makes you feel better, Momo, Chris T, and a bunch of other Ken mains have stuck by him. A few people have changed them, and some have moved to the DLC characters since they've gotten better, but a lot of people are keeping their characters.

This is my last cash in. I promise.
Nah, I know if I put the work in, I can get back to being more confident with my Ken, It just felt like the rug was pulled from under me a bit. I was training hard, and then some of my progress got erased by means I have no control over (balance update) and that's just not a good feeling. tbh, I'm probably a little more attracted to Karin or Cammy because I like having buttons I can press once I get in, I feel like that was the biggest nerf to Ken, his air game got nerfed so I thought he would finally get better buttons, maybe i could use my step kick more, target combos buffed a little, etc...I just don't like the way his game is now with the focus on getting opponents to the corner and low/high mix-up with his over-head, its not me, it feels unreliable, and I just overall don't like it or the mildly slower pace of the game. What I wanted was the game to be faster, and for everyone to be around previous Nash/Ryu/Ken level good, I feel like it's a bunch of characters that are just mid-tier now, and that makes for a less interesting game IMO. Sim, is wayyy too low on that list up top btw..

And, there is a game that did it perfectly my friend '-) VF5!

lol...but yeah, I don't mean to be negative, I'm sure laura and Urien players are having a blast with their new mix-up options. So for me, the next update should be to bring everyone to that level. Don't change anything about Guile, Urien, Necalli, Laura, or even Cammy (though I think her buttons are brain-dead and borderline cheap) Every character should have something that you just shake your fist at how good it is. I think that just makes for a more fun game to play and watch.

As much as I hated playing against Mika, that blender was excited as hell to see. Mika just needed to be brought back to beta build, where the clap didn't get you in the corner from ANYWHERE on the screen. Dunno what they end up doing to her and Nash, meh...I just don't like the direction. So far, I don't feel like I'm off base.

EDIT: Yeah, I watch anything I can find on Momochi and Eita, tks for the heads up. Chris T is like me though, I think he's pretty much a Ken fanboy, we both would play Ken if he's at the bottom lol.

mooncakes

If there is going to be a new balance patch, I hope they go the Dota 2 route where they make each of the character viable and buff what make them good in their niche. Improve the other characters to the level of the good characters like Urien and Laura. I dont mind Laura's shenanigans if they buff the others to their level.

Nah, I know if I put the work in, I can get back to being more confident with my Ken, It just felt like the rug was pulled from under me a bit. I was training hard, and then some of progress got erased by means I have no control over (balance update) and that's just not a good feeling. tbh, I'm probably a little more attracted to Karin or Cammy because I like having buttons I can press once I get in, I feel like that was the biggest nerf to Ken, his air game got nerfed so I thought he would finally get better buttons, maybe i could use my step kick more etc...I just don't like the way his game is now with the focus on getting opponents to the corner and low/high mix-up with his over-head, its not me, it feels unreliable, and I just overall don't like it or the mildly slower pace of the game. What I wanted was the game to be faster, and for everyone to be around previous Nash/Ryu/Ken level good, I feel like it's a bunch of characters that are just mid-tier now, and that makes for a less interesting game IMO. Sim, is wayyy too low on that list up top btw..

It'd be nice if the game was faster overall. It's faster in the sense that it's way more aggressive, but things got nerfed so that people could react to them. But it's impossible to make characters as good as Ryu and Ken (Nash ended up being mid tier). Right now, Japan and US's top picks are, what, Guile, Nec, Balrog, Laura, Gief, Cammy, Urien (lul), Ibuki? That's a fair amount. The mid tier boys ended up being normalized and decent picks against the high tiers. Bison is 5-5 with Balrog IIRC. That's more character variety and more matches across the board. Everything is normalized.

And, there is a game that did it perfectly my friend '-) VF5!

VF5 had it's fair share of problems, but it's about as close as you can get. It's also an outlier, as glorious as that game and the whole series is.

lol...but yeah, I don't mean to be negative, I'm sure laura and Urien players are having a blast with their new mix-up options. So for me, the next update should be to bring everyone to that level. Don't change anything about Guile, Urien, Necalli, Laura, or even Cammy (though I think her buttons are brain-dead) cheap. Every character should have something that you just shake your fist at how good it is. I think that just makes for a more fun game to play and watch.

That's fun in theory, and having everyone be powerful or have a powerful tool would be great, but most people in reality just want their own particular character to have strong tools. The minute someone else gets strong tools, even if theirs has it, they get frustrated. That's partly because some characters' tools are more applicable to EVERYONE in the cast rather than a select few, which I think is a valid concern for the high tiers right now.

As much as I hated playing against Mika, that blender was excited as hell to see. Mika just needed to be brought back to beta build, where the clap didn't get you in the corner from ANYWHERE on the screen. Dunno what they end up doing to her and Nash, meh...I just don't like the direction. So far, I don't feel like I'm off base.[

The Nash nerf was stupid but everyone hated seeing Mika blenders and being in Mika blenders. It was fun for the first few tournaments but man that shit was goofy.

But I do feel some of your concerns. If you aren't feeling a character, it might be time to move onto another one. That's perfectly fine. I loved Bison but I could never play as him, but now I can because his tools got better. It happens in fighting games, and it's unfortunate, but you just kinda adapt.

Be glad you aren't a FANG player fam. That shit is rough.

EDIT: Yeah, I watch anything I can find on Momochi and Eita, tsk for the heads up. Chris T is like me though, I think he's pretty much a Ken fanboy, we both would play Ken if he's the at the bottom lol.

At least you have enough sense to know that Ken ain't at the bottom lol. But Momo's recent stuff is pretty good, even if I don't understand Ken.

Edit: I don't mean to say it isn't right for you to vent, though. Let the salt flow so you can return to the game and figure shit out.

I've been reading a lot of Daigo's book lately.

I was all set for a long Friday night of Street Fightin'. I hope this maintenance is brief. I'm playing Splatoon instead (it's excellent).

I'm trying to figure out how long it'd take to unlock all the DLC characters with Fight Money alone. I figured it'd be around 10 hours or so, which isn't too bad, really. Fight Money really dries up after the initial batches though.

@TheSpoiler Good talk! I'll be back man...Just didn't feel like adjusting really, plus I got a whole year out of Ken being absolutely crazy! I'm good...playing some SP stuff (Mostly RPG's) and Destiny, but will probably come back next patch or maybe around Evo when it gets hyped up again from all the pros.

Peace brethren...

@TheSpoiler Good talk! I'll be back man...Just didn't feel like adjusting really, plus I got a whole year out of Ken being absolutely crazy! I'm good...playing some SP stuff (Mostly RPG's) and Destiny, but will probably come back next patch or maybe around Evo when it gets hyped up again from all the pros.

Peace brethren...

Take that break fam. Let the tech build up. The game will always be here.

Ucchedavāda;229223358 said:
No, but you will be given the option to connect to the server to collect your reward, so you can get your reward if the servers are back at that point.

Too late, finished a survivor and can't log in. FM lost. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom