• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, still down.

While I'm stitting in training mode:
Does anyone know how and when I can get Karin's Guren Kusabi (d.k) knockdown after the Guren Chochu (qcf.p + d.p) juggle? I've seen it in matches but I can't get it to work.
Same with EX ressenha after Guren Chochu. I thought they took it out but now I've seen it again.

Wait did haunts just say meaningful news every other month?

So we won't have all s2 characters till late october? That sounds like a pretty bad schedule tbh.

Kashiwaba

So we won't have all s2 characters till late october? That sounds like a pretty bad schedule tbh.
Seriously i gave up on this game, i gave them the benefit of doubt for the whole first year and they still couldn't get their shit together. i will probably just log once a week to do my challenges till i get 1mil FM to get the platinum trophy then I'm done with this game, unless they do something interesting.

Meaningful news probably pertaining to content drops and such. I doubt they'll split up DLC characters like that.

Starting to look likely considering January is almost over, unless they pull an Alex and drop Helen randomly on the 31st. But we at least got a blog post on Alex by the middle of March last year.

It sounds possible since it would allow them to maintain "hype" throughout the next Capcom Pro Tour. But we are over a month since the release of Akuma and not even a teaser trailer for the next character.

I started playing on my JPN account a couple of months ago since I didn't have the FM on my main account to get Akuma and I didn't want to buy another season pass. I have almost gotten 1 million FM on that account and just need to reach Gold rank to get another Platinum for SFV. I really want to support the game, but I think after the trophis I will just play every couple of months to try out the new characters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I would be ok with that, but they could also just come out and say "we will have a character and a patch every 2 months", no?

The new 5k challenge:

Play FANG's first story mission (Sagat is one of the statues)

Seriously i gave up on this game, i have them the benefit of doubt she the whole first year and they still couldn't get their shit together. i will probably just log once a week to do my challenges till i get 1mil FM to get the platinum trophy then I'm done with this game, unless they so something interesting.

I'm not dropping it completely but I've decided I'm taking a break from this for a few weeks. I'm getting too dickish about it all and it's not worth it. I've got Titanfall2, DOOM and the Metroid Prime Trilogy still to start, so why not now.

ElFly

I would be ok with that, but they could also just come out and say "we will have a character and a patch every 2 months", no?

just like in S1 they probably don't have that assurance that characters are coming every X months

I assume characters are being worked in parallel and thus will be ready when they are ready. they already got chewed up for promising a schedule of characters and then not meeting it

Starting to look likely considering January is almost over, unless they pull an Alex and drop Helen randomly on the 31st. But we at least got a blog post on Alex by the middle of March last year.

There's really only five characters left to send. Akuma came to us early, probably to set off S2. That means there's five left. And until they miss February completely, I'm inclined to believe this'll go towards June/July(pending delays).

But you never know.

Yeah, I've decided that I'm not gonna suck at Xrd a couple of weeks ago because it's getting hard to stick with this game. Not gonna drop it, but it's getting harder and harder to keep it on my priority list.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There's really only five characters left to send. Akuma came to us early, probably to set off S2. That means there's five left. And until they miss February completely, I'm inclined to believe this'll go towards June/July(pending delays).

But you never know.
Wait, you think they will drop them all until june/july?

Alchemist

Yep, still down.

While I'm stitting in training mode:
Does anyone know how and when I can get Karin's Guren Kusabi (d.k) knockdown after the Guren Chochu (qcf.p + d.p) juggle? I've seen it in matches but I can't get it to work.
Same with EX ressenha after Guren Chochu. I thought they took it out but now I've seen it again.

Input Guren Ken just before they hit the groud so there's no time for the slide to whiff.

As for EX Ressenha after Chochu, I thought they stealth removed it too (tried numerous times when I first heard about it) and couldn't get it to work either.

But you never know.

Hard to say, it's almost like they have problems communicating or something.

It's not that I can't wait, but when they don't give us anything to hang on to, it just gets boring. I appreciate the fact that they are trying to make the character reveals surprising, but it's hard to get hype when they are all most likely new characters we have no attachment to. We don't have any level of Ono trolling or vague screenshots. I would just like to have a small taste of something as far as new content goes at this point.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Input Guren Ken just before they hit the groud so there's no time for the slide to whiff. .
I must've tried that 100 times now, it doesn't work...

And I saw the EX ressenha ender this week somewhere, I'll see if I can find it again.

Wait, you think they will drop them all until june/july?

I wouldn't see why not. September at the latest.

Hard to say, it's almost like they have problems communicating or something.

It's not that I can't wait, but when they don't give us anything to hang on to, it just gets boring. I appreciate the fact that they are trying to make the character reveals surprising, but it's hard to get hype when they are all most likely new characters we have no attachment to. We don't have any level of Ono trolling or vague screenshots. I would just like to have a small taste of something as far as new content goes at this point.

I'm sure we'll get some teases as the weeks go by. They basically have get CPT started. But I don't see why people can't just put the game on the side and play other stuff, coming back to it. No harm int that, tbh. I've done that will Full Boost, and I liked that better than SF4.

I really should get back to it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the servers are still in really bad shape. Random disconnects and the usual 40002.

I wouldn't see why not. September at the latest. .
Because that would mean 1 character per month starting february. There's absolutely no way they can do that.

DunpealD

whats gonna be the next ot title?

Leaving the haters behind... Soon.

Capcom has been doing a great job in showing how not to do communication.
A whole month of silence and some trashy teasing isn't helping them. They should learn to put up or shut up, period.

I wouldn't see why not. September at the latest.

I'm sure we'll get some teases as the weeks go by. They basically have get CPT started. But I don't see why people can't just put the game on the side and play other stuff, coming back to it. No harm int that, tbh. I've done that will Full Boost, and I liked that better than SF4.

I really should get back to it.

Oh yeah, I don't plan on dropping the game at all, just taking a break. Just kinda bummed I'm not feeling it currently, but them waiting for the CPT makes sense.

That OP tho

The CG trailers were the best thing to come out of that game, to be honest. If the in-game graphics looked half as good as their aesthetic perfection then maybe I could stand to play for more than an hour at a time.

SFxT had garbaaaaaaage sound design, too. Every single hit made the exact comical "SNAP" sound effect which meant combos have no impact to them. Combined with the bad music, it made SFxT a game I always played while listening to podcasts or something more plesant.

If we are getting a major update to SFV's server in Feb (Helen update), I am OK with that.

If Haunts is serious about responding to community balance feedback... That is VERY good news. Nobody wants to be in this meta until December!

Urien:
1. EX head crush no longer an invincible reversal
2. Aegis nerfed back to 10 damage per hit
3. Cr.mk made -2 on block
4. St HP startup slowed down by one or two frames

There we go, meta drastically improved.

Urien should not have Laura's comeback potential and Chun's neutral game at the same time. Removing his reversal would mean that Urien players had to have a brain when playing, rather than fishing for ex head crush into f+mp into mixup. Nerfing his Aegis damage and making both his post-Aegis buttons (overhead and cr mk) minus on block means he actually has to think on offense, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom