• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

If we are getting a major update to SFV's server in Feb (Helen update), I am OK with that.

If Haunts is serious about responding to community balance feedback... That is VERY good news. Nobody wants to be in this meta until December!

Urien:
1. EX head crush no longer an invincible reversal
2. Aegis nerfed back to 10 damage per hit
3. Cr.mk made -2 on block
4. St HP startup slowed down by one or two frames

There we go, meta drastically improved.

got bopped hard by a Urien recently huh

If we are getting a major update to SFV's server in Feb (Helen update), I am OK with that.

If Haunts is serious about responding to community balance feedback... That is VERY good news. Nobody wants to be in this meta until December!

Urien:

Fuck that, just give it more recovery frames.

Harrison blog already said CFN stuff would be in spring.

May, then, alongside S2 character #3?

EDIT: Added more to my Urien nerf wishlist.

Urien is actually unbalanced in this game - he is far and away the best character, as I suspect Evo etc would show this year if he is not seriously toned down.

Fireball game + footsie game + great reversal + massive comeback potential + great movement + great throw game = by far the best character in the game.

MrCarter

Yeah, it really is sad how awful SFxT's music and artstyle are.

Oh god don't remind me. The reveal trailer had me insanely hyped but then it went all the way down to zero when this mess was released. Despite having an arcade mode, people still dropped that game like a sack of spuds because the gameplay elements were awful - something which SFV has thankfully done right. Just sort out the rest of your shit Capcom.

cackhyena

Seriously, nothing was fixed. Points and rank showing up as zero, lag at five bars, and wins/losses not sending to server. This is hilarious...and sad. What a pitiful game wrapped around a good core.

May, then, alongside S2 character #3?

EDIT: Added more to my Urien nerf wishlist.

Urien is actually unbalanced in this game - he is far and away the best character, as I suspect Evo etc would show this year if he is not seriously toned down.

Fireball game + footsie game + great reversal + massive comeback potential + great movement + great throw game = by far the best character in the game.

His fireball is garbo though. His footies game is good, but aggressive characters can shut him down pretty hard. His reversal is good but slow as hell and I think CCable? He's got great comeback potential in the form of AR, but even knowing enough about the start ups and not putting yourself in a situation where you can't get out of a crazy mix up (i.e. the damn corner) means homeboy has to work to put you through some stuff. He has a bunch of unfavorable matchups and I think characters that are 5-5 with him eat him for free if they get their shit started first (ala Bison, from what NLBC people were saying).

He's strong as shit, but unbalanced? Ehh, I wouldn't say that.

Edit: And lulll I love all the anti-Urien tech, which is just smashing against the reflector and getting combos off of it because people still do that shit on wakeup.

is capcom really gonna change characters based on wnf and nlbc results lol.

No, I'm saying the dudes at NLBC said the matchup was 5-5, not that it's the full determiner. It seems like it, since both wanna get shit started, but hey, we need a few more months for that any way.

On the flipside, I don't want them to change things based on people who are on some salt game. Elsewise I'd tell them nerf the shit out of Cammy for being plus on everything and being able to just do whatever the fuck she wants to my Balrog.

You hear me Capcom? Nerf her speed, nerf her damage, nerf her range and put her in a damn dumpster.

I wouldn't call Urien's reversal great, you can pressure him pretty free on wake up even with meter because its startup allows you to whiff a normal and still have time to block.

kirblar

Capcom is going to want Urien to be good because his comeback potential makes him a fantastic character for hype on the pro scene.

ElFly

Yeah, I remember when they kept Mika good for this reason and the hype her comebacks generated in Season 1.

mika got nerfed cause she had a stupid move that made no sense outside the corner and led to unfun ten seconds of pain if not more

everybody loves urien

kirblar

Yeah, I remember when they kept Mika good for this reason and the hype her comebacks generated in Season 1.
Her "comebacks" could be generated 5 seconds into a match.

Urien's rely heavily on his V-Trigger.
mika got nerfed cause she had a stupid move that made no sense outside the corner and led to unfun ten seconds of pain if not more

everybody loves urien
Yeah, without the BS whip stuff she's actually fine as a character.

FluxWaveZ

Her "comebacks" could be generated 5 seconds into a match.

Urien's rely heavily on his V-Trigger.

Urien has all the tools to make the V-Trigger comebacks yet another unnecessary cherry on top. My point is that I definitely don't think Capcom cares about that when it comes to balancing, just like selling costumes is clearly not their priority either in terms of balancing.

Shadoken

Nah. I still Find Urien comebacks nice to watch. Mika always felt like the character you root against. Her comebacks were always the same loop over and over again.

FluxWaveZ

Nah. I still Find Urien comebacks nice to watch. Mika always felt like the character you root against. Her comebacks were always the same loop over and over again.

I feel there's more variation/flexibility for Urien's V-Trigger setups, but rooting for him? It's as if someone would be "rooting" for a Laura who just landed st.MK xx V-Trigger and suddenly the opponent's health goes to 0.

mbpm1

I'm sure we'll get some teases as the weeks go by. They basically have get CPT started. But I don't see why people can't just put the game on the side and play other stuff, coming back to it. No harm int that, tbh. I've done that will Full Boost, and I liked that better than SF4.

We've just come off a season where there were like 3 tournaments every weekend with decent level competition in most and characters every month.

I just beat some random person at PAX. It wasn't a tournament or anything just a free play thing but it was cool. I'm so scrubby and I always just assumed when I beat people online it's because I'm playing 2 year olds.

Nice to know I can beat a regular dude who actuals knows how to play on a fight stick.

I got beat on immediately after by some other guy. That's what happens when you feel yourself and have no reason to

I kinda feel like the game needs Sagat. I don't even like him. I just feel that he needs to be here for some reason.

I would also love Terry Bogard as a guest character but then everyone would start petitioning for The Yellow Ranger or Michelangelo or whatever dumb characters they can think of that don't fit in a SF game.

Urien:
2. Aegis nerfed back to 10 damage per hit
3. Cr.mk made -2 on block
4. St HP startup slowed down by one or two frames

Urien should not have Laura's comeback potential and Chun's neutral game at the same time. Removing his reversal would mean that Urien players had to have a brain when playing, rather than fishing for ex head crush into f+mp into mixup. Nerfing his Aegis damage and making both his post-Aegis buttons (overhead and cr mk) minus on block means he actually has to think on offense, too.
Jesus lol

I totally agree with the cr.mk nerf, but I just want Capcom to buff instead of nerfing so much, though. We all know Alex, Fang and Nash could use more help than the top tier could use more "normalizing".

Zackat

pick Sagat

tumblr_inline_og3k5jvngm1u04kmu_500.gif

So why is Nash's EX, SS still not invincible at startup?

What's wrong with him having at least one "get off me" move?
Alex and Nash should both really have a metered invul wakeup option. The former is especially screwed once knocked down.
lol the Alex vs. Akuma matchup feels impossible. All of Alex's buttons are too slow and punishable so he's free in neutral.
Thread the needle and find a couple of openings for dash up command grabs (preferably HP or EX versions). It only takes one crush counter and power bomb to shake most Akumas. Forget about jumping in, though. Guy is a fortress.

Edzi

lol the Alex vs. Akuma matchup feels impossible. All of Alex's buttons are too slow and punishable so he's free in neutral.

GGs Scrafty, but those were pretty laggy on my end. It's weird too, since I'm pretty sure we've had smooth games before. I'm gonna try my luck with Flux.

GGs Scrafty, but those were pretty laggy on my end. It's weird too, since I'm pretty sure we've had smooth games before. I'm gonna try my luck with Flux.

Yeah, that's super weird. The games we played previously were before I got fibre optic internet too so it's not like either of us downgraded between now and then...

Whales

Banned
server improvements soon

it will magically fix all of this game's garbage issues that it's had since quite literally launch

am I right

Got matched with a Brazilian lag fest, then another cunt with no flag, cunt with no flag was worse, game freezing lag for both players, give me fucking region selection pls...SF4 had region selection...

kobu

Capcom shit the bed now they have to lay in it. It's crazy that something as simple as a region filter still hasn't been added to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom