• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guile isn't a bad MU for Nash. At least that's still canon. Probably his biggest weakness is the netcode having one of its strokes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wemspYc6LfM

When doing the battle lounge challenge. I 10-7 a silver Ken because of how random the connection starts to become shit. DF should test SFV again on the pro if there are still any fps drops.

DunpealD

I agree that they shouldn't be in CC state if they don't have invincibility as well.

but they can blow up poor frame traps and some are throw invincible too

also DP's that are made for AA'ing (MP DP on Ken/Ryu) shouldn't trade with jump ins when done deep either.

Reiketsu a top Vega player in Japan put his thoughts on facebook about DP's: https://www.facebook.com/rei.doumoto.56/posts/386297581736472

while I do agree with him, Capcom would never put that much time into refining the gameplay for SFV at this point lol. It'd be really cool if DP's were only invincible if you did a ST type input with no shortcuts or pure mashing but that's asking way2damn much at this point

They do play around with a Just Frame input with Karin and Dan in Omega USFIV. But the inv. DPs would need to be real Just Frames without buffer.
The issues with the characters that did have meterless reversals is that they already got pretty strong offense and even a strong set of anit air normals.

Edzi

I think I'm done with this game for a while. After the Rookie glitch took away 300 points and put me back in Ultra Gold, I've been getting matched with Supers and regular Golds, most of which have rollback. I'm at the cusp of 7000 lp and I've stopped having any fun.

I think that as an Alex player, S2 really just killed it for me.

I think I'm done with this game for a while. After the Rookie glitch took away 300 points and put me back in Ultra Gold, I've been getting matched with Supers and regular Golds, most of which have rollback. I'm at the cusp of 7000 lp and I've stopped having any fun.

I think that as an Alex player, S2 really just killed it for me.
I'm not even kidding when I say that you should stop playing this game for now. The game still has potential to be good (if capcom stop fucking up) but continuing to play this game if you don't enjoy it's current state is just going to make you more miserable and increase your hate towards the game.

There are a lot of other fighting games and a lot of different genre games that you should play and just take the edge off
( Take a look at my avatar for a suggestion towards a good series, nudge nudge wink wink)
. Games shouldn't be frustrating.

Edzi

I'm not even kidding when I say that you should stop playing this game for now. The game still has potential to be good (if capcom stop fucking up) but continuing to play this game if you don't enjoy it's current state is just going to make you more miserable and increase your hate towards the game.

There are a lot of other fighting games and a lot of different genre games that you should play and just take the edge off
( Take a look at my avatar for a suggestion towards a good series, nudge nudge wink wink)

Yeah, probably going to take a break. I've already got Yakuza 0, but I feel like I need to finish Yakuza 5 first... Too many games man.

Yeah, probably going to take a break. I've already got Yakuza 0, but I feel like I need to finish Yakuza 5 first... Too many games man.

I just got Yakuza 0 and have Nioh on the way. Right now is a good time to take a break from the game with all the game releases the beginning of this year. Just got done playing RE7 myself. It feels nice to play other games.

Got Zelda/Switch next month too... and my daughter is being born. Going to be busy for sure.

Hope they realize some characters need a little tweaking and make the changes before CPT starts.

LegendX48

Anyone else playing on pc getting irritating frame rate drops? I recently upgraded from a 7950 to an rx 480 (8gb) and keep getting drops to 1 fps in random intervals. I've always been able to run this game at max but now (with a better gpu) it's stuttering and irritating.

Congrats on the child.

If you can, hit up your locals. I have way more fun playing with people in person. I know for some of you that's really a viable options, and that's why online is so damn important, but I have ten times more fun playing with humans beside me. The same goes for any fighting game, especially ones with ranks and the potential for fuckery.

I just got Yakuza 0 and have Nioh on the way. Right now is a good time to take a break from the game with all the game releases the beginning of this year. Just got done playing RE7 myself. It feels nice to play other games.

Got Zelda/Switch next month too... and my daughter is being born. Going to be busy for sure.

Hope they realize some characters need a little tweaking and make the changes before CPT starts.

Buff the last tier characters. That's literally all I want. No more nerfs.

I agree that most EX armour moves should have armour on the first frame. It'd still allow for them to be stuffed if you're quick enough and the white life nerf basically means that you're accepting the hit anyway, but it'd give some characters like Alex and Mika a chance to recover from being rushed down a bit more easily. So long as they remain unsafe (unlike Birdie's shenanigans, but hey at least that requires V-Trigger), I don't think that'd be too unbalanced.

I agree that most EX armour moves should have armour on the first frame. It'd still allow for them to be stuffed if you're quick enough and the white life nerf basically means that you're accepting the hit anyway, but it'd give some characters like Alex and Mika a chance to recover from being rushed down a bit more easily. So long as they remain unsafe (unlike Birdie's shenanigans, but hey at least that requires V-Trigger), I don't think that'd be too unbalanced.
His EX bullhead having frame 1 armor but EX Bullhorn not having it is just absurd to me.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I honestly think they confused the two moves when they were doing armor changes.

Had a rage quitting Laura in Casuals. Read that shit like a book and that's one of my worst matchups. I feel proud!
Most of the rage quitters I've had have been Laura, Guile, and Vega. Vega players tend to taunt a lot too. And the Laura and Guile players have a thing for teabagging.

Also, I'm loving the Akuma vs Guile matchup. Complete opposite of how I feel about the Fang vs Guile matchup. That shit feels so hopeless. Anyone have any tips in that matchup as Fang? Lucebuce?

Most of the rage quitters I've had have been Laura, Guile, and Vega. Vega players tend to taunt a lot too. And the Laura and Guile players have a thing for teabagging.

Also, I'm loving the Akuma vs Guile matchup. Complete opposite of how I feel about the Fang vs Guile matchup. That shit feels so hopeless. Anyone have any tips in that matchup as Fang? Lucebuce?
Know right now that that matchup is one of the most boring matchups in the history of street fighter. We are honestly talking E.Honda mirror levels.

So you can trade with guile projectile for projectile with your trap. Throw out a medium or heavy trap and it'll nullify his sonic boom. If he does a v-skill boom, then let the trap absorb one hit and then do a light trap/ryobenda to nullify the second hit while the boom's first hit is still trading with the medium/heavy trap.

This is a matchup where the poison is a legit thing. It's worth it sometimes to do a trap, do a v-skill and block and just keep at the trading game.

Your main method of approach is probably going to be heavy upballs and cancel into EX slide to get close. Even if it's blocked, at least it gets you some pressure. Alternatively, EX balls into slide is also good. With the recent change to the trajectory of the upballs while in V-Trigger in Season 2, this is actually more reliable than it once was.

You can also use the coward's crouch to avoid a boom and then cancel the crouch into upballs. Remember that slow and steady wins the race here. His defense is too strong so you gotta wait him out and you have just the tool for that.

You can also avoid projectiles by doing a neutral jump and then doing a j.hp while holding forward. This actually moves fang forward so it's nice for dodging those pesky slow light booms or slow fireballs in general. Just like E.Honda in SF4.

Jumping at Guile is ill advised because FANG's jump is simply too slow and Guile's AA are just too much of a threat.

Here's a Grand Final between Chris G's Guile and Dieminion's F.A.N.G It was pretty clutch as you can see, it was a fairly slow, boring and a very "blow for blow" esque matchup. This was season 1 and there have been buffs to FANG as I mentioned with the V-Trigger change to upballs, also his medium and heavy trap last 0.33 secs longer so that's a big deal in this matchup actually.

I ran into a Bison who t bagged during the match.

Then beat him in the second game and could tell he was pissed when he quickly turn down a run back.

Mieu

I'm quite new to the game and at bronze/super bronze.

Is there a reason why Cammy hits so strong, and why would other resort to LP, LK mashing? It's hard to make a good game out of it.

I never taught that someone would ragequit at a casual match. Does that have anybimpact at all on your profile?

Edzi

Is there a reason why Cammy hits so strong, and why would other resort to LP, LK mashing? It's hard to make a good game out of it.

I never taught that someone would ragequit at a casual match. Does that have anybimpact at all on your profile?

It's called rage quitting for a reason.

Cammy is one of the strongest characters in the game right now. They do the lp, lk mashing because it's a frametrap. If you try to press a button after it, her button will always come out first. If you just block, then they'll go for a throw instead. It's a difficult position to be in, but know that they ALWAYS do something afterwards, be it pressing a button or trying to throw.

Ragequitting in ranked causes you to lose LP and if you do too many in a row, you straight up lose 1000 LP and are banned from matchmaking for a set period of time.

No downside in casuals though. But it does let you know that the RQer is a salty fuck.

tumblr_ohblggvl5s1usrgjso1_500.gif

come back garrett

S1 Guile was pretty much a playtest for what they were gonna do in S2 with reversals.. and Guile ended up being totally fine with having to use meter to have a reversal.

Like I've said before. Only 4 characters in the cast had a meterless invincible reversal and all of them were arguably in the top 5 of S1. It's clearly one of the strongest tools to have in the game especially when wakeup 3f is also very strong. imo if/when they give back the invincibility to DP's, I hope they give it back to all the characters who should have it (Guile/Juri) and make armour attacks frame 1 like Birdie's was. It'd make this game a lot less of a snowball fest at least and it'd be a lot more balanced instead of only a select few characters having a really strong tool.

You can make the game snowball less just by reducing quick rise frames so that it resets the neutral.

Village

Ugh that looks so wrong. This parody has nothing on Laura lol.

Laura is litterally nothing besides "i'm sexy"

I wish that laura had half the personality sombra had in her pinkie toe

WInston has more personality than laura, laura is a horrible amlagamation of anime steroetypes that just make me go

" i wish they just put in sean"

Know right now that that matchup is one of the most boring matchups in the history of street fighter. We are honestly talking E.Honda mirror levels.

So you can trade with guile projectile for projectile with your trap. Throw out a medium or heavy trap and it'll nullify his sonic boom. If he does a v-skill boom, then let the trap absorb one hit and then do a light trap/ryobenda to nullify the second hit while the boom's first hit is still trading with the medium/heavy trap.

This is a matchup where the poison is a legit thing. It's worth it sometimes to do a trap, do a v-skill and block and just keep at the trading game.

Your main method of approach is probably going to be heavy upballs and cancel into EX slide to get close. Even if it's blocked, at least it gets you some pressure. Alternatively, EX balls into slide is also good. With the recent change to the trajectory of the upballs while in V-Trigger in Season 2, this is actually more reliable than it once was.

You can also use the coward's crouch to avoid a boom and then cancel the crouch into upballs. Remember that slow and steady wins the race here. His defense is too strong so you gotta wait him out and you have just the tool for that.

You can also avoid projectiles by doing a neutral jump and then doing a j.hp while holding forward. This actually moves fang forward so it's nice for dodging those pesky slow light booms or slow fireballs in general. Just like E.Honda in SF4.

Jumping at Guile is ill advised because FANG's jump is simply too slow and Guile's AA are just too much of a threat.

Here's a Grand Final between Chris G's Guile and Dieminion's F.A.N.G It was pretty clutch as you can see, it was a fairly slow, boring and a very "blow for blow" esque matchup. This was season 1 and there have been buffs to FANG as I mentioned with the V-Trigger change to upballs, also his medium and heavy trap last 0.33 secs longer so that's a big deal in this matchup actually.
Damn. Thanks for this. I had no idea about the j.hp. Don't know if I would've ever found out since I never see anyone playing Fang lol.

I figured it was a long grindy matchup, which I don't mind since that's just a staple of playing against Guile.

MrCarter

Laura is litterally nothing besides "i'm sexy"

I wish that laura had half the personality sombra had in her pinkie toe

WInston has more personality than laura, laura is a horrible amlagamation of anime steroetypes that just make me go

" i wish they just put in sean"

No thanks. Sombra is a shoddy fake that Blizzard clearly got an inspiration from Laura in SFV. She may scream "I'm sexy" but her play style more than speaks for itself.

Mieu

Does SFV even go on sale? I'm planning to buy the season 1 pass if it goes on sale. Is it better to just buy the passes?

Still havent cleared normal to hell and the story mode hard.

FM is soo hard to earn 😂😂😂

It's called rage quitting for a reason.

Hahaha. Makes sense!

Cammy is one of the strongest characters in the game right now. They do the lp, lk mashing because it's a frametrap. If you try to press a button after it, her button will always come out first. If you just block, then they'll go for a throw instead. It's a difficult position to be in, but know that they ALWAYS do something afterwards, be it pressing a button or trying to throw.

Ragequitting in ranked causes you to lose LP and if you do too many in a row, you straight up lose 1000 LP and are banned from matchmaking for a set period of time.

No downside in casuals though. But it does let you know that the RQer is a salty fuck.

Thanks! I'm always having a hard time on online battles because of this

tumblr_ohblggvl5s1usrgjso1_500.gif

come back garrett

This is cute 😀

Does SFV even go on sale? I'm planning to buy the season 1 pass if it goes on sale. Is it better to just buy the passes?

Depends on your platform, on pc sf5 has gone on sale quite a few times, including the season 1 pass.

The season 1 pass has been priced down for over a month now though.

Village

No thanks. Sombra is a shoddy fake that Blizzard clearly got an inspiration from Laura in SFV. She may scream "sexy" but her play style more than speaks for itself.

Her playstyle does nothing for her personality to be honest, they could put that playstyle on a much more interesting character and it would be the same. Besides being flashy ( which isn't a personality by the way ) it doesn't really do anything for her character. If I sat down with every other character on that roster, and how they moved and how that related to the character and how it speaks to them as a character... I could do that. But for her, its lacking, much like her personality, or lack their of, its just... strong. Like they made a sexy character, and went " oh we made a brazillian waifu , but she doesn't actually have a personality " and someone went " we will make her strong " but being strong, isn't a personality, its how you use said strength, but her moveset doesn't utilize it in any interesting way.

She reminds me of abel in may regards a character who fits an archetype but doesn't really have an thing besides that. They even have the same fighting style, or variants of that jujistu. They also have similar problems, while abel isn't say a brazilian waifu, though if you look through his concept art he was almost a waifu, he is based on a real martial artist. That said, they never really expanded who he was outside of that. The closest thing he got to getting a personality was his obsession with animals, but that isn't a personality, like laura caring about sean ( in the most anime way possible) isn't a personality. This is also reflective of their movesets, their movesets are very by the book, its just jujistu. It doesn't really seem specific to them its just... jujistu.

Take two of the most boring personalities on the roster, Ryu and Guile.

Ryu is literally the OG fight man, sans evil ryu, he's calm , he's slow. He's deliberate in his function he's strong and he's versatile. He is a rock. That is reflective in his moveset and personality. He is a rock, he's finding his reason to fight and lets the battles he goes through shape him into the person he is. Much like rocks on the shore, on under water fall. He also has rock hard abs but that's another dicussion.

Guile, another person on the more boring side of the personality tree. Is by the book man, it might be his own book. But he's by the book, I cut my hair like this, I will find my friend even for whole decades after he's dead, why its the right thing to do. He is calculating in his fighting style and who he is and thats reflective on his move set. My man has two moves, He gotta kick, he gotta boom. That's all he needs, he is waiting for you to mess up. Yeah he could chuck a boom with one hand, but its not giving him the power he needs to do what he needs , you see it in this game. Guile's one handed booms in V trigger are actually smaller than normal booms. He could be flippin all over with his flash kicks like nash, but no. He does it his way, when you mess up, he wants optimal power to kick his foot up your ass. And he has a whole host of weird normals, designed for " you have fucked up, you know you fucked up", he doesn't need a whole lot of moves. He just needs you to fuck up, and that's reflective in his personality. With his critcism of characters more often than not.

Her moveset doesn't really speak to me in that way... it reads as " we wanted to try out a move set and we put in a sexy vessel " and thats'... kinda it. I'm not saying every characters moveset needs to be reflective of who they are as a person , but it does... help... alot. Because... that's kind of how fighting in real life is, no one fights the same, how they fight, what they do while fighting is speaking to who they are as a person in a regard.

Character after character, some more interesting than others, I can tell you why their movesets look and feel like they do in relation to their personality.

But when you look at laura, what do you see, what is her goal... who is a she is as a person?.... Nothing.... she's just a bunch of anime tropes. She's the sexy older sister character, but she cares about her brother so she beats him up. OH now she's angry so she'll fight all the dudes, oh , but she used to get into more trouble than now, because she's such a trouble maker. But we never actually see her do anything to formulate anything into an actual personality that's... intresting. She's just... modern anime trope woman. And she's uses... jujistu? Because...? And what does she want to do? It seems like maybe she wants to spread matsuda jujistu ( which you know is already makoto's and dan's thing but whatever) but that's never addressed enough to even merit discussion in terms of her personality.Her moveset is as basic as her " personality its " flashy

Mind you, I knew more about C Viper and Juri, even rufus's terrible ass when they were introduced just from their arcade mode entrances and exits than anything about laura now. And she has a storymode, and a cinematic story mode.

Rufus has more personality than Laura, its annoying as shit, but at least he has one.

Laura is actually nothing.

All their "personalities" are part of their archetype, they are just as much tropes as everything you've listed for laura.
She has a personality, you just don't like it.

MrCarter

I think Laura has a LOT of personality :p

I jest.

Seriously though, I play a fighting game character not because of thier deep lore or shitty soap backstory I play them simply because I see a character that attracts me with thier presentation and play style and I just go with it. Laura is great in that sense.

Ok? That doesn't stop you having having a personality, or being interesting, or having goals... or being a defined chracter.

Which laura lacks. A lot of.

So i'm kind of missing your point here.

She's energetic, passionate about matsuda jiu jitsu, and has a tomboyish personality. If I met her in real life I would say "she's very extroverted and athletic." Unless personality means some crazy out of the box stuff because it's a video game character, she has it.

Village

All their "personalities" are part of their archetype, they are just as much tropes as everything you've listed for laura.
She has a personality, you just don't like it.

She does, I'll tell you why.

You know a character who actually has a personality who is in way simular to lack of personality she has.

Vega. I hate vega, I hate everything about Vega. If Vega died nothing of value would be lost, is a flash he's this flash perverted , masochistic , pompous, narcissistic, beauty obsessed mad man. I can tell you who is, why he is who is, and why he fights how he fights.

And vega isn't the only one I hate, I hate rufus, I hate irgid, I hate Sodom, I hate T hawk and play as T hawk but I hate t hawk, and there are a bunch of other characters I don't like and/or down right hate, that I can analyze and tell you who they are what they are and why they function as they do. He'll I mention rufus , in the statement I gave in response to the other person.

So ' you just don't like her personality " is wrong . She doesn't have a personality , though I will invite you to try and explain what it is to me, maybe i'm missing something. But her lack of personality is what Miyazaki often says when talking about characters and animations in anime. They aren't basing them off real people, they aren't also basing them off real people or at least having a wide birth of influences, they are just being based off their fandom of anime.

And that's what laura is, she isn't a personality. She is an amalgamation of anime tropes, supposed to imitate a personality.

Don't get me wrong, i've tried to decern her personality, the most I can get is? Sometimes she gets angry? But... everyone in street fighter gets angry? There isn't anything particularly special with this. Also she cares about sean, but caring about a sibling isn't... a personality. She's just kind of loud anime girl.

I like Laura and Sombra.

Is that okay?

That's cool man.

As long as you don't like vega.

Fuck vega.

Why does there need to be anything special about her? That's not what personality means, if that was the case then 90% of human beings wouldn't have a personality.

You are clearly looking for something else, something complex or deep or whatever, but those aren't requirements for having a personality.

Laura has one, you don't like it.

Village

She's energetic, passionate about matsuda jiu jitsu, and has a tomboyish personality. If I met her in real life I would say "she's very extroverted and athletic." Unless personality means some crazy out of the box stuff because it's a video game character, she has it.

There isn't enough about the mastuda jujistu thing, to make that apart of her personality I feel. Like her wanting to spread mastuda jujistu and the idea of say sean wanting to lean shotokan karate and that pissing her off would be an interesting thing. But it doesn't come up often enough... to be a thing.

Makoto is a character who wants to spread her bran of karate all day, she's in the dojo, when you do her super she strait up says her karate style and this the power of it. And not only that, everything about mokoto's moveset how committed she is to her fighting style. She is canonically to small to be using the fighting style she is using, and uses a variant of it where she has to manipulate her body as to put force behind her blows because she isn't musclely, she's wirey and small. And because she's small she has to buck up and be loud and brash and because people wont take her or her dojo seriously. So she's need to show them was good.

That's a personality.

Another example would be poison, who I feel is a much more effective laura. Yeah she's a sexy lady, but she wants to start a goddamn wrestling organization, and after almost every fight she's like " you fam join my stable "

Those seem like commitment to spreading a craft, laura... not so much.

As for as tomboyish goes... she doesn't seem tomboyish. She seems very aware and of femininity , and the idea of her being proud of that would be an interesting personality... but that never gets gotten into. And being energetic could be something , it doesn't seem like she's energetic about anything?

My description of her being an amalgamations of anime tropes more specific than it ma have seemed. She's actually am amalgamation, and if you took things away from her or focused on one aspect of her... she would have a personality.

Its like this conversation chain in Dragon Age Inquisition of all things. You meet this guy who is replacing the woman handling your stocks, and you ask him what his qualifications? And he's like " well i'm related to this guy, and i've seen this thing " but he can't answer what are his qualifications. And I feel that way about laura, i'm getting a lot of descriptions of stuff, that could relate to a personality, but nothing perused enough to be a personality

Mieu

Depends on your platform, on pc sf5 has gone on sale quite a few times, including the season 1 pass.

The season 1 pass has been priced down for over a month now though.

I'm on PS4. I still find the price high. Maybe I still can't get over with KOF and other games having a (almost) complete roster from the start.

Village

Why does there need to be anything special about her?

Its called good character design. If you design character in a genre like this, unless that character is specifically designed to be not special, them being special is apart of good character design. That's the name of the game in character based games. The pikmin in pikmin can be mindless shits because they don't need a personality. They are fodder, a game that lives and dies on characters, like fighting games , needs interesting charactes, that's why she has to be special. Or at least interesting. That's kind of the house that street fighter 2 built.

Its why overwatch is the most popular game in the world right now with no story mode. You can see a design, hear a few lines of what they talk about and go " tracer is dope". They sold that game on character and world design. Same thing for tf2, or most video game characters who are famous ever. Unless its a specific situation where personality or being special or personality does not matter... they tend to be special or have a personality or both. Overwatch and TF2 fall firmly in the " both " category "

That's why almost every charcter intro or outro in a fighting game, unless intentionally trying to be mysterious ( to which it is then explained later ) starts with " I am character, this is what I do and who I am " and then they go proceed to be that person and fight people.
Like if laura was some avant garde criticism of that, like she was intentionally non special on purpose, for the sake criticizing the necessity of having character being immediately communicable. I would be with that, laura would be my favorite character. But its not, there are things done to invoke the idea of a personality. But not enough there to actually have one.

That's not what personality means, if that was the case then 90% of human beings wouldn't have a personality.
90% of humans unless in a video game about the mundane, wouldn't be interesting video game characters. Myself included, so yeah. That said though , your statsitic doesn't give laura a personality still. Yes most people aren't interesting, but they have personalities. So all you have said is " Laura is less interesting than most people " to which I would say yes she is.

You are clearly looking for something else, something complex or deep or whatever, but those aren't requirements for having a personality.
No i'm looking for a personality , i'm looking for who laura is. I can explain akuma and his personality in like 3 sentences, I explained vega's above. ... Its not about deep. Its about having a personality. It doesn't have to be interesting to me, I would but having an actual personality would help

Laura has one, you don't like it.

Or she doesn't, and i've given examples of people who have personalities in SF that I don't like... that have personalities. And I can analyze them and tell you how they tick.
" i'm not a hater, I just hate you " I don't really hate laura though, nothing there to hate. She would need to be like... a person for me to hate her.
She's just unfortunate.

I just caught the April Oneal mod
Looks nice even if simple. Almost like she is going to paint a house. Dunno why something so basic and not sexy appeals to me.
Watching Ultrachen talk about who bros think is the top 5 characters rn and two things I noticed;

Guile is on everyone's list

Did Haunts really mention the possibility of a balance patch before cpt starts?
Guile is strong as hell. Good luck exploiting any of his weaknesses.
S1 Guile was pretty much a playtest for what they were gonna do in S2 with reversals.. and Guile ended up being totally fine with having to use meter to have a reversal.

Like I've said before. Only 4 characters in the cast had a meterless invincible reversal and all of them were arguably in the top 5 of S1. It's clearly one of the strongest tools to have in the game especially when wakeup 3f is also very strong. imo if/when they give back the invincibility to DP's, I hope they give it back to all the characters who should have it (Guile/Juri) and make armour attacks frame 1 like Birdie's was. It'd make this game a lot less of a snowball fest at least and it'd be a lot more balanced instead of only a select few characters having a really strong tool.
I like what they did to EX elbow slash and I would hope that they add secondary characteristics to Alex's other specials (specifically EX stomp, headbutt and air knee strike) the same way they did to EX elbow slash. It adds a nice amount of variety to a character's gameplay when meter usage brings invul frames, super armor, anti airs (think Karin's EX Ressenha), tracking, air hitboxes or other things into play. Nash could definitely use invul on his EX scythe kick because he is omega free on wakeup if he lacks v-gauge (especially against enemies that don't use fireballs).
S1: 4 meterless reversal characters and Mika

S2: Guile, Laura, Urien, Balrog, Cammy, plus Zangief is usable now

I dunno if I want them back. S2 feels off in some ways with the ground game and how much momentum matters (first to knockdown b o y s), but like... That's a pretty diverse set of characters for tier whores to throw at you.
Season 2 may be disappointing if one uses a weak character who hasn't gotten better (or Nash lol), but the overall diversity of character usage has improved. It's a mixed bag of a season, but still a big improvement over season 1.

Yeah, I got fightcade up and running and it feels nice to play some 3S again. It feels nice to take a break from SFV.
Buff the last tier characters. That's literally all I want. No more nerfs.
Can't wait for Capcom to start handing out nerfs no one is asking for. Damn, it's really hard for them just to buff characters instead. :/

90% of humans unless in a video game about the mundane, wouldn't be interesting video game characters.

It doesn't matter if you think she's interesting or not, just like how the rest of your arbritary requirements to fit your definition of personality don't matter.
All you're doing is cherry picking things you like and things you don't.

Your little story about makoto isn't a personality, it's just that, a story; one that honestly just seems to be written for the personality they gave her. Even if she didn't have that story she'd still have a personality, the one where's she's a brash, tomboyish battle fiend.

Skilletor

I agree that they shouldn't be in CC state if they don't have invincibility as well.

but they can blow up poor frame traps and some are throw invincible too

also DP's that are made for AA'ing (MP DP on Ken/Ryu) shouldn't trade with jump ins when done deep either.

Reiketsu a top Vega player in Japan put his thoughts on facebook about DP's: https://www.facebook.com/rei.doumoto.56/posts/386297581736472

while I do agree with him, Capcom would never put that much time into refining the gameplay for SFV at this point lol. It'd be really cool if DP's were only invincible if you did a ST type input with no shortcuts or pure mashing but that's asking way2damn much at this point

Oh man, an ewgf version of a dp plz.

It's a fucking shame that sfxt bombed. The Tekken characters were amazing and I want SF characters in those templates.

Village

It doesn't matter if you think she's interesting or not, just like how the rest of your arbritary requirements to fit your definition of personality don't matter.

Well I mean i'm formulating an opinion and arguing it. It does matter in this context, unless you choose to ignore it. But if your response to an ignore it, then why are we even talking right now if your response is " i don't like what he's saying i'll try to discredit his opinion by saying it doesn't matter"

All you're doing is cherry picking things you like and things you don't.
But I listed things... I don't like... and characters... I don't like... and explained how those things have personalities... or did you miss that?

IYour little story about makoto isn't a personality, it's just that, a story; one that honestly just seems to be written for the personality they gave her. Even if she didn't have that story she'd still have a personality, the one where's she's a brash, tomboyish battle fiend.
Its a story explaning who she is , why she is the way she is, why she fights like that and her goals. You know those things that make up a personality.

Its almost as if personalities are the sum results of your life experiences shaping you into the person you are today and effects everything you do, down to a subconscious level. So its almost as if a story explaining why you are who you are could explain your personality.

Guess what laura didn't get at all? huh, funny that.

And none of those things matter, the back story could non existant, or literally anything that fits the personality they picked for the character. The personality would still be there, just like the personalities of all the people you've met throughout your life you know nothing about.

Or do you go around asking people why they are cheerful, or stoic or introverted after meeting them?
I would sure hope not because that would be weird as hell.

All you've formulated is a bunch of requirements and why laura doesn't meet them, even though it just boils down to "she's not interesting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom