• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Like everyone? I run in to tons of issues too but how often do you see me complaining? When there's a real problem I go through the proper channels to file an issue but I know that no one on earth cares that I didn't get 50 LP, much like I don't care.

he always has meter to complain

nerf

Ucchedavāda;229663332 said:
Amazing.
I wonder if her opponent knew what she was doing.

Probably. It was the same women who did the Dhalsim weigh in

Honest question, what's the best way to tell the difference between someone's garbage ass internet ruining the match and the servers being garbage?

The long loading times/wait times? Playing someone in the same country or nearby and it fucking up?

Maybe the bars being 5 and it still being garbage. I honestly don't know.

I would figure the connection at beginning would tell you whether its P2P or server,

Working my way back to Platinum after falling to Gold the other night; using Cammy instead of Akuma now. It's hard to tell whether I'm good with Cammy or I'm just trash and Cammy is too good. I hit Ultra Gold tonight, I should be able to grind my way up to Plat by the end of the weekend.

FluxWaveZ

I come back after a few days and everything is laggy, literally every match is followed by 40006 + 80001, and oftentimes when that error message pops up, it'll interfere with something else and cause a great amount of chaos (i.e. "a match has been found" leaking into the main menu after being interrupted).

Great stuff.

anyone up for games?

i won a cross counter training session in their tourney, what should i ask xian?

I can play. CFN is FluxWaveZ.

This game so shitty with controllers, do forward fire ball motion, block, cancel into backwards fireball motion still get forward fireball, reason i am not on my stick, it's not blocking down/right, need to buy a new Sanwa 8way joy...

None of this happens in MKX, you can turn off Negative edge...

Same controller 2 different games..
Almost night and day difference..
Negative Edge needs to be optional in fighting games..

Edzi

Chun's cr. MP might as well be invincible. Every Chun I fight just mashes it out, either to get V-Trigger for free or to end matches.

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Grifter. You're a solid player all-around. You've got proper spacing down and you punish properly. Wish I could play like that.

Grifter

GGs, Grifter. You're a solid player all-around. You've got proper spacing down and you punish properly. Wish I could play like that.

GGs, you made good adjustments! I try to be, but don't think I was succeeding at punishing at some of those matches. Needed the match experience for sure. I'm finding it hard to learn those match-ups thru ranked, tho Akuma may not my style in this.

Headed back on at 1AM if you're still up.

Edzi

GGs Flux. That was kind of embarrassing. I wish you'd have stuck with one character for longer though, every time I felt like I was starting to make some adjustments the set would end or you'd switch. I think I can figure out how to deal with Mika and Guile if given enough time, but I don't think I can do anything against Rog no matter how much I study the matchup. Dunno how he got away with having most of his buttons be positive on top of his great walk speed and safe forward moving specials.

Also, unrelated, but I'm starting to really dislike Crush Counters. I loved them in S1, but now they don't really seem to have a purpose without DPs being invincible, and for some reason most of them are pretty safe and long reaching, so a lot of games just turn into CC fishing.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Flux. That was kind of embarrassing. I wish you'd have stuck with one character for longer though, every time I felt like I was starting to make some adjustments the set would end or you'd switch. I think I can figure out how to deal with Mika and Guile if given enough time, but I don't think I can do anything against Rog no matter how much I study the matchup. Dunno how he got away with having most of his buttons be positive on top of his great walk speed and safe forward moving specials.

GGs. I could stick around for longer next time. I switch because I typically like to mix it up in longer sets unless I'm trying to specifically improve with a single character.

Headed back on at 1AM if you're still up.

Sorry, won't be playing more tonight. We should play in the future, though.

Also, unrelated, but I'm starting to really dislike Crush Counters. I loved them in S1, but now they don't really seem to have a purpose without DPs being invincible, and for some reason most of them are pretty safe and long reaching, so a lot of games just turn into CC fishing.
Actually I think his dash punch is unsafe if it's not properly spaced, unless they changed that in season 2.

I agree that I'm getting less enjoyment out of crush counters, but I still get a kick out of destroying people that love pushing buttons on wakeups, especially Balrog's.

Edzi

Actually I think his dash punch is unsafe if it's not properly spaced, unless they changed that in season 2.

I agree that I'm getting less enjoyment out of crush counters, but I still get a kick out of destroying people that love pushing buttons on wakeups, especially Balrog's.

That's true, but it's pretty easy to make safe.

Also, unrelated, but I'm starting to really dislike Crush Counters. I loved them in S1, but now they don't really seem to have a purpose without DPs being invincible

This doesn't make much sense to me considering only 4 characters had meterless invincible reversals in s1...

Edzi

This doesn't make much sense to me considering only 4 characters had meterless invincible reversals in s1...

That's not the point. I think CCs work best when used as a punish, and invincible reversals were essentially what they were for. At some point they changed their minds before the DLC characters, but if they hadn't I'm sure we'd be seeing more characters with meterless invincible reversals (like Guile, Akuma, and probably Juri). As it is now, CC's could be used to punish EX reversals (which are already punished by the meter loss, and are used way less anyway) or just to fish for CC's in neutral by spamming long reaching and mostly safe heavies. Does that make sense?

nope, because only those 4 characters are experiencing a difference in CC use against them compared to s1.

So I don't understand why you loved them then and don't love them now, unless you play one of those 4 characters.

Edzi

nope, because only those 4 characters are experiencing a difference in CC use against them compared to s1.

So I don't understand why you loved them then and don't love them now, unless you play one of those 4 characters.

I'm saying that the fact that those 4 characters existed gave a fun purpose to CCs that's lost now, which is making the negatives (imo, obviously) much more apparent.

Village

I just caught the April Oneal mod

x55wy33frody.png

Grifter

I'm saying that the fact that those 4 characters existed gave a fun purpose to CCs that's lost now, which is making the negatives (imo, obviously) much more apparent.

Yeah, it does bug me that the CCs stayed despite the DP nerfs, or in S1 with regular flash kick it felt odd too, but I guess they really really want to deter the use.

Edzi

I just lost 300 points because of the Rookie glitch. Out of Platinum now. I can't even... I'm done.

It looks like Capcom is preparing to release another bit of DLC for SFV:

There's no useful information in the DB entry for that DLC, however (link). But since it is on the Steam store (and not in-game), I am thinking that it could be another cosmetic DLC pack, like the Holiday DLC pack. I am hoping that whatever it is gets revealed next week, along with the new character.

Shackzam

Hey man we could run some sets later today and go over the balrog match-up cause it's still hard for alex to deal with, but I can see Alex being able to fight it.
That's true, but it's pretty easy to make safe.
The thing about making it safe against people with long reaching jabs with rush punch is that you mostly have to do it at a farther distance and this makes it easier for those characters to make balrog mis-space the rush punch and make it whiff for a punish.

Like everyone? I run in to tons of issues too but how often do you see me complaining? When there's a real problem I go through the proper channels to file an issue but I know that no one on earth cares that I didn't get 50 LP, much like I don't care.

It's 165LP that I didn't win. I'm sure the feedback you given is just as important as fixing game balance

Lulubop

Watching Ultrachen talk about who bros think is the top 5 characters rn and two things I noticed;

Guile is on everyone's list

Did Haunts really mention the possibility of a balance patch before cpt starts?

Skilletor

I'm fucking done. None of my wins are being uploaded. I've been playing for 45 minutes and every single match except a few of my losses aren't being counted. This is shit.

Yeah, it does bug me that the CCs stayed despite the DP nerfs, or in S1 with regular flash kick it felt odd too, but I guess they really really want to deter the use.

DPs only lost invincibility on their first 2-3 frames. They still have invincibility on them.

That means they're still useful for blowing through block strings/pressure with 2+ frame gaps in them. They can still be used to disrespect offense and steal turns, and so they still deserve CC punish.

Dahbomb

DPs only lost invincibility on their first 2-3 frames. They still have invincibility on them.

That means they're still useful for blowing through block strings/pressure with 2+ frame gaps in them. They can still be used to disrespect offense and steal turns, and so they still deserve CC punish.
No they don't, they already have insane recovery on most of them... that's their punishment for being able to steal turns. The CC punishment is over the top and not at all necessary now. You would still rather use EX DP to steal turns.

This is clearly an over sight by Capcom no matter how you look at it.

I agree that they shouldn't be in CC state if they don't have invincibility as well.

but they can blow up poor frame traps and some are throw invincible too

also DP's that are made for AA'ing (MP DP on Ken/Ryu) shouldn't trade with jump ins when done deep either.

Reiketsu a top Vega player in Japan put his thoughts on facebook about DP's: https://www.facebook.com/rei.doumoto.56/posts/386297581736472

while I do agree with him, Capcom would never put that much time into refining the gameplay for SFV at this point lol. It'd be really cool if DP's were only invincible if you did a ST type input with no shortcuts or pure mashing but that's asking way2damn much at this point

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm fine with them reverting dp's to how they were. I think the issue all along was that characters that had meterless invincible 3-5 frame reversals were just more realized characters in general. Only nerf I wanted was AA jab nerfs for characters that had like 3 other AA options. If you wanna gamble with a third of your health with a dp that's a ok with me.

The meterless reversal thing only became a legitimate issue when they made the stupid decision of giving Guile and Ibuki reversals that weren't meterless invincible. It just felt legitimately unfair that other characters had it and they didn't.

If they had just given those 2 a real meterless reversal, this wouldn't be an issue IMO. And I think that the DP change is stupid and really unnecessary.

It was also broken how Necalli and Ryu, 2 characters with invincible DPs, also had AA jabs that were fucking insane (and in the case of Necalli, still are)

S1 Guile was pretty much a playtest for what they were gonna do in S2 with reversals.. and Guile ended up being totally fine with having to use meter to have a reversal.

Like I've said before. Only 4 characters in the cast had a meterless invincible reversal and all of them were arguably in the top 5 of S1. It's clearly one of the strongest tools to have in the game especially when wakeup 3f is also very strong. imo if/when they give back the invincibility to DP's, I hope they give it back to all the characters who should have it (Guile/Juri) and make armour attacks frame 1 like Birdie's was. It'd make this game a lot less of a snowball fest at least and it'd be a lot more balanced instead of only a select few characters having a really strong tool.

Neoxon

S1: 4 meterless reversal characters and Mika

S2: Guile, Laura, Urien, Balrog, Cammy, plus Zangief is usable now

I dunno if I want them back. S2 feels off in some ways with the ground game and how much momentum matters (first to knockdown b o y s), but like... That's a pretty diverse set of characters for tier whores to throw at you.
I feel like people are sleeping on Rashid, Ibuki, & Juri this season.

S1: 4 meterless reversal characters and Mika

S2: Guile, Laura, Urien, Balrog, Cammy, plus Zangief is usable now

I dunno if I want them back. S2 feels off in some ways with the ground game and how much momentum matters (first to knockdown b o y s), but like... That's a pretty diverse set of characters for tier whores to throw at you.

Chun Li was above all them hoes in S1.

Also I think that you should be able to backroll on throws/command grabs so you aren't put into auto meaty loops over and over. It'd make wakeup 3f stronger though possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom