• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Yeah, my bad expected someone else to hop in and didn't want to have a long wait between. Ggs

GGs, really annoyed with my play in those sets lol. I'm glad I won with my main, but I was super on tilt with the Laura vortex since I was still reeling from my sets with Rocwell's Laura last night, and then you started to switch to Necalli who you played suuuuper defensively and lame, which threw me for another loop since it was so different from your Laura play. I also noticed you rely really heavily on throw mixups, but I couldn't really do much about it.

"You can't escape." - Laura

It legitimately makes me mad at the game lol. It's like the devs are telling me that they want the game to be all guessing.

Vice

GGs, really annoyed with my play in those sets lol. I'm glad I won with my main, but I was super on tilt with the Laura vortex since I was still reeling from my sets with Rocwell's Laura last night, and then you started to switch to Necalli who you played suuuuper defensively and lame, which threw me for another loop since it was so different from your Laura play. I also noticed you rely really heavily on throw mixups, but I couldn't really do much about it.

Against Kolin's I don't like risking mistiming my meaties and eating that ex counter so I try to go for a more throw based approach so there's less risk of the match swinging into their favor based on ex. Your Kolin was very scary once you got momentum.
Your Alex seemed very solid.

It wasn't just that he was winning, he had two very big problems:

a) His dash-everywhere playstyle was really annoying and unfun to play against. The forward dash was difficult to react to because of the invisible startup frames and the slippery style really didn't make sense with a sonic-boom chucking defensive character kit.

b) Nash and Chun were gatekeeping a large portion of the bottom-tier cast in S1. If you got destroyed by one of those two, it wasn't really worth playing the character even if you had good matchups against a lot of the other high tier characters. I don't believe it's an accident that these two were unceremoniously dumpstered, and they'll likely be toned up bit by bit over time to avoid a risk of S1 happening all over again.

In a world where we have Rashid, Cammy (talk about hard to react to), Ibuki (oh my god), Dhalsim, Vega and Bison in V-Trigger, dashing and teleporting everywhere, but Nash's forward and back dash was more ridiculous?

The forward dash is still difficult to react to, as it should be and they are increasing it's speed from 19 frames to 18 in the next patch, originally 17. What are they even doing at this point? He still walks like he's waist deep in shit. Weak defense, no wakeup game, no EX reversal, weak V-Reversal (doesn't knock down or cause white damage and is easily thrown out of), can you imagine if he didn't have a decent dash for some kind of mobility? You may as well put a blonde wig and a vest on a street lamp and give it a life bar.

I'm not sure I follow your second point but not because you didn't explain it well enough. I think it's just above my understanding of how the tier system works.

Edzi

Against Kolin's I don't like risking mistiming my meaties and eating that ex counter so I try to go for a more throw based approach so there's less risk of the match swinging into their favor based on ex. Your Kolin was very scary once you got momentum.
Your Alex seemed very solid.

I definitely need to put in some more time with Kolin. She's really fun to use, but I've yet to really figure out any of her setups. I totally forgot about her ice projectile too.

Kolin is pretty good. She has the most airtight meaties in the game, really good stun and good normals. She just has a lot of gimmicky stuff that's hard to justify using. She has some of the best pressure in the game, but it's not as dirty or rewarding as some of the top tier characters. If they changed LP hailstorm from -8 to -6 on block I think she'd be the best character in the game. As it is she's somewhere around the middle, and I've dropped Nash for her entirely.

Alex looking up from the bottom with tears in his eyes.
How can he be sad when he doesn't even know what it's like to be a mid tier character in his twenty year history? Can't dream about greener pastures when you don't even know what the color "green" looks like.

Every time I play a Laura, I can't help but laugh to myself. I just don't get why this character was designed the way she was. Great buttons, gets in for free AND gets an infinite string of oki/50/50 pressure on knockdowns. Oh, and one of the best fireballs in all fighting games since it can zone and act as a close range free mixup tool.

#Salt

what is this get in for free card that you speak of? After certain knockdowns, how + she is changes. Dash up command throw is never positive so you can press a button there, but you can't press a button if they meaty. There's a timing to block the meaty and get out of the way/3f a dash command throw. Unless it's a setup of a meaty lp elbow then rip. Don't forget not quick getting up is also an option to throw off timing.

She does have one of the coolest fireballs in the series though for sure. It shouldn't go away when she gets hit though :D

Daigo confirmed maining Guile and using him for ELeague. Hopefully he actually learns the ins and outs of Guile instead of just having a solid gameplan

Laws00

I'm not a feet guy, I'm a "Vanessa" guy.

rzdxrk.gif

I really dont like her pants

otherwise LOVE

XenoRaven

I'm not sure I should say this because I'm a total lurker and not really a contributing member of this community. But whatever.

I find it fun to watch CountBlack, after years of complaining about how shitty the characters he plays are while simultaneously taking shots at high tier characters, finally having to defend his main's honor from people who think her shit's too good.

That's not meant to be a callout. I just personally find it amusing.

Edit: I had trouble finding a way to word this without sounding like an asshole and I think I failed.

I'm not sure I should say this because I'm a total lurker and not really a contributing member of this community. But whatever.

I find it fun to watch CountBlack, after years of complaining about how shitty the characters he plays are while simultaneously taking shots at high tier characters, finally having to defend his main's honor from people who think her shit's too good.

Edit: I had trouble finding a way to word this without sounding like an asshole and I think I failed.

I used Deejay for 4 years. He was consistently bottom 3 while receiving nerfs in each patch. Do you know what this can do to a mans mind state? I don't want to go back to that poverty lifestyle after finally having a good character b

do you know what a 8-2 MU feels like b? I earned those rights to complain goddamnit

XenoRaven

I used Deejay for 4 years. He was consistently bottom 3 while receiving nerfs in each patch. Do you know what this can do to a mans mind state? I don't want to go back to that poverty lifestyle after finally having a good character b

do you know what a 8-2 MU feels like b? I earned those rights to complain goddamnit
But hey man you had Super into Ultra!

But hey man you had Super into Ultra!

On an ultra that never received any proper juggle potential

SF4 Deejay was a cruel twisted joke and has left me a broken man.

I mean since you've been stalking me for years, you must've seen the bibles worth of patch notes for Deejay that I wrote up?

I didn't get any solid buffs.

Hyun Sai

Deejay treatment got me stopping completely SFIV, so I can understand. Have fun detroying them with your character man !

Pompadour

Are there any players who really embrace that their character is top tier? Essentially everyone on Excellent Adventures use the defense of "Look, I'm not saying my character isn't great, people just keep saying they're better than they are."

I mean since you've been stalking me for years, you must've seen the bibles worth of patch notes for Deejay that I wrote up?

People bitch about SFV nerfing already bad characters but that shit doesn't compare to their treatment of Dee Jay in 4.

Hyun Sai

Are there any players who really embrace that their character is top tier? Essentially everyone on Excellent Adventures use the defense of "Look, I'm not saying my character isn't great, people just keep saying they're better than they are."

Chris G admitted Guile was busted during his online rant some weeks ago. Ryan admitted Phoenix was cheap, cheaper than Vergil and didn't understand why she wasn't used more than that. Daigo thought Ryu was best in the game for a long time in SFV first season, and tha Yun was the absolute best in SFV AE. I know there are more, can't remember all....

XenoRaven

I would say that the main reason I recognize your name is because of the ongoing Deejay saga. I'm not sure there's anyone else from SF4GAF I recognize at this point.

Anyway, I'll say again that I don't mean to call you out. It's just interesting to see the shoe on the other foot.

Edit: After thinking about it, I also remember vulva and Skilletor.

Village

Chris G admitted Guile was busted during his online rant some weeks ago. Ryan admitted Phoenix was cheap, cheaper than Vergil and didn't understand why she wasn't used more than that. Daigo thought Ryu was best in the game for a long time in SFV first season. I know there are more, can't remember all....

Cuz that girl made out of tissue paper

I don't know why earth be scared of the phoenix when she can catch a combo and a half and loose

MCD250

Daigo in January: "I don't care if I win or lose, I just want to have fun"

Daigo in March: "Fuck this shit I'm going top tier"

Pompadour

Chris G admitted Guile was busted during his online rant some weeks ago. Ryan admitted Phoenix was cheap, cheaper than Vergil and didn't understand why she wasn't used more than that. Daigo thought Ryu was best in the game for a long time in SFV first season, and tha Yun was the absolute best in SFV AE. I know there are more, can't remember all....

Yun was absolute bullshit in AE and I played him. Ranked was actually really pleasant because I could get straight up outplayed and still win. The only MU knowledge I needed was against Yuns who got much farther than they should have with shenanigans that wouldn't work in a first to two.

Wasn't as fun as winning with a fair character but it was the most salt-free experience I've had playing fighting games.

mbpm1

You either die a low tier or live long enough to become a high tier

FluxWaveZ

That feel when your character is nerfed substantially.

It'd be at least cool for Mika's cr.MK to be a low. Only character in the game whose cr.MK doesn't hit low.

That feel when your character is nerfed substantially.

It'd be at least cool for Mika's cr.MK to be a low. Only character in the game whose cr.MK doesn't hit low.

Really? That is strange when you consider that there are characters who don't even kick and their c.mk still goes low.

Did Mika get further nerfed in this upcoming patch? I think she is fine now. That season one Mika though...

images

Sayad

I know Kolin isn't getting any balance stuff in the patch, but they have to fucking fix some of the horrible stuff about her. Things like:
- Opponents losing the frozen status when your grab or higher priority normal beat their normal.
- EX and H hands being punishable on hit at certain ranges because they can fall out of it.
- Super whiffing in the corner
And I know this game isn't about your normals feeling good unless you're Urien or Boxer, but I wouldn't mind a slightly deeper cross up, feels really bad when they AA your cross up with crouching jabs.

Chun bottom 5 is absurd.
After the patch? I don't see why, she doesn't even beat Gief right now.

FluxWaveZ

Did Mika get further nerfed in this upcoming patch? I think she is fine now. That season one Mika though...

No, nothing at all has happened to Mika in the upcoming patch. I honestly don't know if she's "fine." There are 2.5 notable players doing really well with her but, talking to Luffy, he agrees that we'd be technically better off if we adopted Laura. He's spoken with Fuudo and he thinks that Mika is in a relatively weak spot right now, and she'll get lower as the season goes on. There are already not many Mika players because it can be tough to play her more often than not, so I just don't know where she's at right now. I think she might need one or two adjustments like a health buff or reverting her EX Peach oki to season 1 for her to be "okay." It's hard to tell because of potential bias from having put so much time into the character, but I think it's true.

Who's that.

I really dislike stuff like that, where basic assumptions don't apply to a character for whatever reason (like crHP being your sweep instead of crHK). A crMK being a high might make sense from a balance perspective, but it is also really confusing. I was pretty happy that they fixed that about Balrog.

Village

I hoping in game announcer voice would have been

" you will be now able to buy new annoucer voices from capcom's franchises"

Capcapon you can do this, let me have my matches announced by viewtiful joe. I mean I still can I would need to find an impersonator, or pay actual the guy for his time and mod it in. But this is less work.

I don't even have the game on PC, sadly. Had to get the PS4 version for tourney reasons.
you let tourneys use your ps4?
Or is it like a version difference thing?

HardRojo

Training Mode – User Settings Saved

Training Mode settings are now saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.

FUCKING MEGATON! I've been asking for this since the game came out! THANK YOU COMBOFIEND!

HardRojo

I really hope everything actually improve with this update, this seems to fix many of the things I keep complaining about, so if it does actually work then I'll fucking love it.

I might try that PC Beta just to see how well the game runs on my laptop.

Sayad

Wow, so my kinda joke post about them ignoring CFN problems since the start of S2 because they're making a new one was right, lol.

Wow, so my kinda joke post about them ignoring CFN problems since the start of S2 because they're making a new one was right, lol.

They've said for months they had CFN improvements coming. I understand that Capcom's word has lost a lot of value when it comes to SFV, but they aren't joking that they have a lot of things for the game coming this year.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Training Mode – User Settings Saved

Training Mode settings are now saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.

FUCKING MEGATON! I've been asking for this since the game came out! THANK YOU COMBOFIEND!

We'we successfully arrived to 2009. Kreygasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom