• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuilt from the ground up is very telling about the state of the online currently.

My guess is that the rush to get to release resulted in a mess that they had no idea what to do with, not helped by the fact that the guy who developed it originally no longer works for Capcom. So re-doing it from the ground up was probably the best solution, plus that they would be able to re-design it with MvC:I in mind.

Village

Urien " Just fierce, don't worry it works your urien, trust me "

Alex " They think your chatacters bad but he's kinda aight and low key his v-trigger is as bad as uriens "

FANG" Better hope they know the match up, or give up"

Ryu " Daigo stop"

Holy shit holy shit holy shit, not onlyis the PC version not being treated like a redheaded stepchild for once, but we're getting flags actually working in battle lounges, training mode settings saved, rage quit and good behaviour icons are coming back (I totally forgot about that) AND LOADING TIME IS ACTUALLY BEING ADDRESSED?!

God DAMN this is lookin' to be crazy good. And from the way I'm reading it, it'll effectively be a free weekend as well for those that haven't bothered with SF5 yet? Smart moves all around for once.

MrCarter

Nice! Capcom did a great job with this update.

- PC players getting that early CFN beta AND season 2.5 balance adjustments!

- Training FINALLY saving settings.

- Battle Lounge getting flags (still want region filter).

- That interactive timeline sounds very innovative.

- In-game announcer voice.

Great stuff.

Neoxon

I really hope Capcom continues to use the PTR to test out future balance changes, modes, & even characters. This is a massive step in the right direction, now they just need to land the execution.

VariantX

Wait? New online infrastructure?? As in getting either better netcode or just turning on all the CFN stuff finally? And season 2.5 updates too?? I'd try this if my video card didn't die on me 2 weeks ago.

Good shit to finally see battle lounges with country/region settings. The US is a big country and we'd probably need US East, Midwest, and US West so im hoping we all dont get lumped into one group of players. It would be ideal to break it up even further.

I think we're finally getting out of beta if this all goes off without a hitch. And I'll definitely be playing a hell of a lot more if I can get into matches faster.

BEAT 'EM UP GUYS!

IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR SKILLS!

HEY C'MON STAND UP!

GO FOR IT MAAAAN!

TRIUMPH OR DIE!

I would literally pay money for that announcer to come back as DLC. Not even joking. Hypest of all announcers.

Nice! Capcom did a great job with this update.

- PC players getting that early CFN beta AND season 2.5 balance adjustments!

- Training FINALLY saving settings.

- Battle Lounge getting flags (still want region filter).

- That interactive timeline sounds very innovative.

- In-game announcer voice.

Great stuff.
BEAT 'EM UP GUYS!

IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR SKILLS!

HEY C'MON STAND UP!

GO FOR IT MAAAAN!

TRIUMPH OR DIE!

Oooh this all sounds nice. With ME:A looking terrible and almost being done with Horizon i was thinking about jumping back in. Might have to reinstall on pc to try the beta changes to.

CFN & QoL updates are really great to get but.. I don't think the actual netcode is gonna get updated sadly. Still gonna be DBZ fighter but at least the load times will be shorter

It just hit me that this is 10 videos worth of content for VesperArcade, it's probably time to unsubscribe.

"Training Mode Settings Saved! What does this mean?"

"Faster Load Times in Ranked & Casual Matches! What does this mean"?

mbpm1

It just hit me that this is 10 videos worth of content for VesperArcade, it's probably time to unsubscribe.

"In Game announcer explained"

"So we don't actually have further information, but I can speculate based on points, X Y and Z, and then with point AA, I can infer that point AB might occur, and then-"

Pompadour

CFN & QoL updates are really great to get but.. I don't think the actual netcode is gonna get updated sadly. Still gonna be DBZ fighter but at least the load times will be shorter

The netcode ain't the problem with V. It's not KI, SG, or even the new MKX but it's better than GG, KOF, BB, and any older game not using GGPO.

If the matchmaking honestly gets fixed the teleporting will go way down anyway.

The Super SFIV announcer sounded exactly like Iron Tager's English VA from Blazblue.

Hated it.

It was, haha. Jameson Price can only do one voice, but he does that voice REALLY REALLY WELL

(With the exception of SSFIV, I suppose. Seems like he didn't get great direction though, so it's not entirely on him.)

Honestly what makes the netcode bad? How can one tell the difference between the netcode itself and someone's booty ass connection? It ain't no MKX but when it works I don't have issues with it.

Honestly what makes the netcode bad? How can one tell the difference between the netcode itself and someone's booty ass connection? It ain't no MKX but when it works I don't have issues with it.
The teleporting I don't mind because bad connections will be bad connections, but the only major qualm I have with the netcode is the presence of one-sided lag. That NEEDS to be addressed.

mbpm1

When playing someone in the same city and known good internet is worse than playing someone in japan 1,000 miles away I think

The teleporting I don't mind because bad connections will be bad connections, but the only major qualm I have with the netcode is the presence of one-sided lag. That NEEDS to be addressed.

This is what's always confused me as well. How can you tell?

Unless there is very bad teleporting going on (which is 1/20 or 30 matches for me), every match feel no different than if the guy was sitting right next to me.

This is what's always confused me as well. How can you tell?

Unless there is very bad teleporting going on (which is 1/20 or 30 matches for me), every match feel no different than if the guy was sitting right next to me.
How can you tell if you're getting hit by one-sided rollback? You can't, unless you have direct communication with your opponent, but the proven existence of it just makes the presence of any rollback seem that much more worse because of the question of how it is on the other side.

You can filter the leaderboards by country and see flags for the countries when you're searching but.. can you filter your own Battle Lounge by region to make sure only Canadians join my lobby like in 4? lol

MCD250

I remember I once joined the battle lounge of a streamer I was watching and fought a few folks who were in the chat and had also joimed in. I recall I fought a Karin who said in the chat that he couldn't possibly beat me because I was warping around the screen too much during the fight. It was surprising to me because the matches seemed fine on my end.

PC beta test!? CFN improvements!? Shorter load times?!

giphy.gif

Femto.

Man this CFN update sounds rad.

We also get our good noodle icons back!

Beta test next week...release in April?

A part of June is technically spring so be prepared ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Blueblur1

Man this CFN update sounds rad.

We also get our good noodle icons back!

Beta test next week...release in April?

A part of June is technically spring so be prepared ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sounds like it.

Once the test is concluded, we'll make further adjustments to optimize the new CFN and it will make its full release on both PS4 and PC shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom