• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
In slow-mo this looks even worse. Cammy's right out of Andromeda.

giphy.gif
I'm dying.

I'm 165 best Nash player in V-league. In game I have 10896 so like 145 best Nash.

I'm better than Infiltration. I can make it to Diamond, there are only 4 Nash players in that spot but there are other players who RQ and lag their way through the ranks.

And the servers aren't uploading my wins.

Pompadour

giphy.gif

Man, my fear was they were just going to use her Hooligan throw animation as her air throw. This is much worse.

I'm not sure how they'd fix this but they need to put a wind effect over top of them to help sell the spinning and to hide the animation. Maybe have their legs angled slightly counter the direction of the spin to show the force enacted on their bodies.

They would still suddenly stop in mid-air for no reason and drop like a brick to the ground. I realize that's necessary because if the spin continued on the way down they'd switch sides depending on the height of the characters when the throw started. It just bugs me because heightened, exaggerated animations still need to adhere to some rules of physics otherwise the moves tend to look like crap.

The most tragic part of this throw is that when people say SFV is shit and I respond that it at least has the best animations of any modern fighting game I'm going to see this gif a lot in response.

Moaradin

The most tragic part of this throw is that when people say SFV is shit and I respond that it at least has the best animations of any modern fighting game I'm going to see this gif a lot in response.

One animation doesn't dispute that. The other new animations in this update look great. Especially Zangief's parry.

MrCarter

Compared to Zangiefs awesome new animations Cammy's does feel underwhelming. Even if they had her spin once to the right (or left) it would have been fine.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

giphy.gif

I think the way she is spinning really fast and then suddenly stops and goes straight down is the most offensive part to me. I know that all of the air-throws in the game involve some bending of physics, but none look this stupid.

Second most offensive is that she just spins around in a stiff pose. It's so obvious that Cammy's air throw should have involved her wrapping herself around the opponent. If they had done that it would have distracted from the inertia problem.

I really hope this is unfinished. Zangief's new stuff looks great.

Ryu's seems like a completely pointless change, and the hit animation looks a lot less powerful than the previous version.

Is there an explanation of the combo damage scaling in SFV? I cant't find it anywhere. The only thing I know is that CA doesn't go below 50% but what are the exact modifiers of normal amd special moves in combos?

The same as SF4?

Is there an explanation of the combo damage scaling in SFV? I cant't find it anywhere. The only thing I know is that CA doesn't go below 50% but what are the exact modifiers of normal amd special moves in combos?

The same as SF4?

Every move in a combo makes the next move in the combo do 10% less.

V-trigger cancels make the next move do 20% less.

Supers never scale below 50%.

You can test this all in training mode. Turn on the display, and it says damage and scaling percentage.

Pompadour

The same as SF4?

I think it's the same as SF4 except that change. Multi-hit moves count as one hit for scaling, as well. Also, V-Trigger activation counts as a hit for scaling.

Neoxon

I think the way she is spinning really fast and then suddenly stops and goes straight down is the most offensive part to me. I know that all of the air-throws in the game involve some bending of physics, but none look this stupid.

Second most offensive is that she just spins around in a stiff pose. It's so obvious that Cammy's air throw should have involved her wrapping herself around the opponent. If they had done that it would have distracted from the inertia problem.

I really hope this is unfinished. Zangief's new stuff looks great.

Ryu's seems like a completely pointless change, and the hit animation looks a lot less powerful than the previous version.
I think Capcom didn't want Ryu doing c.HP into Shoryuken with the same arm.

As for Cammy, hopefully Capcom touches up the air grab animation (seeing as they have another month to make some changes to the update).

Reminder: please hit the Steam forums and post feedback. The only way shit is going to change is if we get vocal. This is a good opportunity instead of screeching at their Twitter accounts.

Also, god damn Richard Lewis is making a mess within the FGC. This whole EL thing is dividing people and really most of it could be solved with constructive feedback and people being less protective of the event.

Reminder: please hit the Steam forums and post feedback. The only way shit is going to change is if we get vocal. This is a good opportunity instead of screeching at their Twitter accounts.

Also, god damn Richard Lewis is making a mess within the FGC. This whole EL thing is dividing people and really most of it could be solved with constructive feedback and people being less protective of the event.

I've already made a thread about adding a lobby for matchmaking. Lobbies pretty much fix what is trying to do but instead make things more complicated. And using ms over bars is something Capcom meeds to do.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think Capcom didn't want Ryu doing c.HP into Shoryuken with the same arm.

As for Cammy, hopefully Capcom touches up the air grab animation (seeing as they have another month to make some changes to the update).

That never bothered me (I don't think I even noticed) but that does make some sense at least.

Pompadour

they thought that was a priority?

okay

You know, this is where I'd usually remind people that not every employee can do network engineering or programming Arcade mode so some animator would be sitting on their hands if they weren't focusing on this new animation for Ryu.

But ...

giphy.gif

While I love bashing on SFV as much as the next guy, I'd like to remind everyone that this is from a BETA and it's highly possible that the animations' not the complete one.

If the full patch still has that shitty animation, then I'll gladly join in on the bashing.

mbpm1

While I love bashing on SFV as much as the next guy, I'd like to remind everyone that this is from a BETA and it's highly possible that the animations' not the complete one.

If the full patch still has that shitty animation, then I'll gladly join in on the bashing.

Deja vu feeling too strong

Kira seems to think we are getting a special Arcade Mode, announced this weekend. While he's been wrong, a lot actually, I could see it happening.

I just want Sagat though.

Give
Me
Sagat.

Pompadour

I don't think animations are being beta tested here. They didn't even talk about the gameplay changes as potentially being revised due to feedback from the beta. Just like the three pre-launch betas, everything is set in stone aside from networking stuff.

I think the air throw's animation will be revised eventually but it'll be like a year from now and probably patched in without warning.

Kira seems to think we are getting a special Arcade Mode, announced this weekend. While he's been wrong, a lot actually, I could see it happening.

I just want Sagat though.

Give
Me
Sagat.

Did he give a reason as to why this weekend? I expect the same thing but I don't see them announcing it at WonderCon. I'm extremely cautiously optimistic about Season 2 surprises but if we're getting anything I figure they'll save those announcements for E3 or Evo.

I want Sagat, too, if only to remove him from the "popular and obvious DLC characters" list so I can get someone I care about like Eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom