• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

Damn, sucks to hear about Kbrad losing. I haven't been able to watch any matches today so I've been living vicariously through folks' reactions.

I’m not sure how legit this is, but apparently the beta added some new character and stage slots.

D7X0RUq.jpg

ANrHIox.jpg
Ibuki and Alex 3S stages confirmed.

If only

Skab

Hope they're tournament ready! It's still weird that they haven't fixed the beach stage. I don't know what could be done about the sky stage without ruining its uniqueness though.

The beach doesnt need to be "flxed." It's okay if not every stage is usable in esports.

ElFly

playing the beta. hard to say if the matchmaking is faster?

but what the hell is this new announcer saying? it startled me

Palom

I put about 75 matches into the CFN beta today. I'm guessing it's using preexisting Steam CFN IDs, because I was running into people with level 30+ characters and DLC costumes. I only own the PS4 version, so I had to create a new CFN ID for the beta.

I'm not sure if it was because I was starting out in the dregs of Rookie, but at the beginning, I was getting awful "5 bar" connections. Like, the character intro animations would take 30-45 seconds because they played so slow, and the matches were teleport-fests. After a while, I started getting decent connections, but I'm not sure if it was because I was only playing the same people over and over. From 3:00pm to 5:00pm, I fought a grand total of 4 different people. I fought one Cammy three times in a row for a total of about seven times, and I fought a Ryu eight times in a row for a total of about 10 times.

On the plus side, no "failed to send match results to server" or "failed to retrieve data" errors. I like the new announcer stuff, but the information given about rank is usually way off. I think it was telling me when other people were close to ranking up, because it would tell me I'm close to ranking up when I was in mid-Bronze ranges. Anytime it named a league, it was Rookie. "You just ranked up to Rookie." It would also tell me I was close to ranking up after I just ranked up. The new background stage animations are nice. Kanzuki Beach stays greatest stage. I'm playing on a SSD, and I didn't really notice a significant change in load times compared to what I'm used to on PS4.

So far, seems better, but only because of how awful CFN had become. Matchmaking-wise, I don't really notice much difference from how things were around this time last year. I'll play a bit more over the weekend and hope they make some more tweaks.

Edzi

Finally tried out the beta. Servers definitely feel smoother, but I've only played a couple games so who knows how long that'll last. Did they adjust some of the stage lighting? Stuff looks brighter.

ElFly

one consequence of being in the beta and playing zangief, is that everyone is aware of the new counter, so nobody uses their kicks much

I played against a Cammy and she did two standing roundhouses, then remembered the counter and stopped

bruh

it's a hard read. it's not like Zangief is immune to kicks now

the headbutt is actually Up + HP, and I managed to land it a couple of times. it's p cool

I don't play on PC. If someone has a shit PC, is it possible for them to make things take longer? Some of my matches happen lightning fast. Others don't.

Nothing is going to prevent this game from having people on crappy wifi or whatever, but the ping method might be better over bars.

Onemic

I don't play on PC. If someone has a shit PC, is it possible for them to make things take longer? Some of my matches happen lightning fast. Others don't.

Nothing is going to prevent this game from having people on crappy wifi or whatever, but the ping method might be better over bars.

Unlikely, but definitely possible. So far all(Or almost all) of my matches with PC players happen a lot faster than vs PS4 players, especially with people having that tool assisted load time mod.

HardRojo

I have wired my laptop exclusively for this beta, no freaking way I'm playing over Wifi. I guess if the other party has a slower computer it'll take a lot longer for the match to load. Some of mine have loaded pretty fast, others no so much. Things definitely feel smoother than what I'm used to on PS4, could be the PC version though.

Producer

How do you guys practice hit confirms and utilize training mode to get better other than practicing combos?

Well its useful for alot of things. Testing mixups, resets, punishes etc. And for example if you're getting beat by a certain tactic by a certain character, recreate that scenario in training mode and find a solution. Stuff like that.

The beach doesnt need to be "flxed." It's okay if not every stage is usable in esports.
But why? It's not like it actually adds any interesting twist on gameplay or something, it's a stage like any other but blocks some attack visuals. It would be one thing if the game launched with stages like this, but considering it came after the fact and sullied the stage selection is annoying.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how the PS4 version turns out to get the best image of loading times. But man some of these are straight hitting 7 seconds or so. If they can even shave off 5 or 10 seconds from the 20 it is now for PS4 owners, that'd be fucking spectacular. Having matches load quicker and getting in games quicker was a huge godsend already.

Today was much better than yesterday, even if the matchmaking got recently spotty. BLs worked fine, and most matches were great. If they can launch with better MMing and keep up the no-error-zone, I'll be happy as fuck.

And they keep doing weird little things on Twitter like taking about Tiger's Blood and liking Charlie Sheen's account. Fuck you Capcom you know what we want. Just give us Sagat The God. I would for sure main him if we got him this year somehow.

HardRojo

Just got the "You successfully blocked the opponent's rank up" message after defeating someone with the "League up chance" banner during the VS screen. I feel bad lol. 19 win streak btw, if only it were that easy in the actual game with people who actually know how to play :(
Edit: Welp, just lost my streak to a stupid Vega that kept mashing buttons and the Flying Barcelona stuff, I'm salty because I don't know how I lost to that BS lol.

Blueblur1

I guess we'll have to wait and see how the PS4 version turns out to get the best image of loading times. But man some of these are straight hitting 7 seconds or so. If they can even shave off 5 or 10 seconds from the 20 it is now for PS4 owners, that'd be fucking spectacular. Having matches load quicker and getting in games quicker was a huge godsend already.

Today was much better than yesterday, even if the matchmaking got recently spotty. BLs worked fine, and most matches were great. If they can launch with better MMing and keep up the no-error-zone, I'll be happy as fuck.

And they keep doing weird little things on Twitter like taking about Tiger's Blood and liking Charlie Sheen's account. Fuck you Capcom you know what we want. Just give us Sagat The God. I would for sure main him if we got him this year somehow.

Lol really? One of their twitter accounts?

Kikirin

For the Vega players: confirmed that claw st.hp > switch > st.mp def links now. Can end with HK roll or go into target combo on a standing opponent.

Its so terrible. I haven't been this disappointed since Juri was no fun to play.
It almost feels like a case of Capcom dusting off a move they never planned to actually use for Cammy to appease people who were hoping for Capcom to pull an ASW and give everyone a new move for season 2.

"Oh, people have been requesting green hand, spiral DDT, donkey kick and karin rekkas? say no more, fam"

They'll probably fix it up come the end of April, but I hope season 3 adds new moves for the rest of the cast.

Femto.

Ryu's new fierce animation looks a little rough too (maybe because his previous one looked better), nowhere near as bad as Cammy's grab though.

Going to assume that they're still polishing them.

Hopefully...

Hutchie

But why? It's not like it actually adds any interesting twist on gameplay or something, it's a stage like any other but blocks some attack visuals. It would be one thing if the game launched with stages like this, but considering it came after the fact and sullied the stage selection is annoying.

Be thankful that tournament finals are no longer held on the training stage. Only two stages cant be used in tournaments, the beach n dubai...thats not bad at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom