• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palom

Beta's rough for me. No Americans, fought the same Mexican and Brazilian 2x each, incredibly laggy matches despite being set to 5.

Maybe it's just a low pop thing? Surprising for a free beta.
I've been having awful "5 bar" matches, too. Also got matched up with the same person twice in a row after like the third match.

On the plus side, one of the blacklist options is "this opponent has an unstable connection." I've been using that to see if maybe it will help.

Edit And at 865LP (half way between Bronze and Super Bronze), the announcer says "your rank has gone up to Rookie". Nice!

Bigg_Oggy

Beta's rough for me. No Americans, fought the same Mexican and Brazilian 2x each, incredibly laggy matches despite being set to 5.

Maybe they would've got more players if this was going on during the weekend.

Edit: beta is gonna end next Monday, so maybe it'll get better over time.

Edzi

It's currently American work hours. Try it in a few hours.

That sounds impossibly difficult to transition to.

I own a PS3 Hitbox controller from Hitbox Arcade, and it is surprisingly easy to use for most moves.

What ended up causing me to stop using it was that the layout on the Hitbox Arcade model was too cramped for me, so it felt uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. This was made worse by the sharp edges, which meant that I couldn't comfortably rest my hands on the controller.

I also disliked the input-cleaner used on the HA model, which cancels out simultaneous opposite inputs (i.e. 4 then 6 = 5). A different hitbox that I've used (a mod which eventually fell apart) gave priority to the last button pressed (4 then 6 = 6). It made a number of inputs easier, and also allowed you to do stuff like doing a charge super by holding 4, and then tapping 6 twice (holding the button down on the second press), and then either kicks or punches.

JAXXX

Not sure if this has been post here but-

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

C8G-AUvW4AA2_1C.jpg

Naarmight

Played the Beta tonight, really impressed with how much quicker everything was, and the fact the CFN parts actually have info in them now.

Seemed to be getting matched to a few US players (UK here) some were okay, others were bad. Though most of my matches were solid.

Overall much better, so I am really happy with it, if only I was actually not awful at the game

MrCarter

Played the Beta tonight, really impressed with how much quicker everything was, and the fact the CFN parts actually have info in them now.

Seemed to be getting matched to a few US players (UK here) some were okay, others were bad. Though most of my matches were solid.

Overall much better, so I am really happy with it, if only I was actually not awful at the game

I really want to try this out when it hits PS4 as my Mac is not powerful enough. Hope we don't have to wait too long. I'm from UK too so we can play sometime if you want. I'll PM you for CFN!

The loading times are so weird. Sometimes it'll be like fucking 10 seconds, sometimes 16. I'm assuming that's due to the variance of machinery between people?

mbpm1

I could see the veneer of good gootecks.

too bad it was obscured by salt and self-defeatism. I just want him to do it damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom