• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who isn't at least a little gay for bearded Ryu?

gQO3Xba.gif

Pompadour

Less corner carry, less damage on EX moves, revert screw upper back to a d+u charge motion, Make the first few levels of TAP more -, can't cancel into v-trigger off of the overhead (can cancel from the v-skill punch).

I can't agree with the d+u charge revert for his Screw Upper. Their reasoning for that change is to make them a better anti-air, which makes sense, because it's kind of an awkward move in general. It's garbage as a wake up tool and I don't think I've successfully used EX Screw Upper as such since S2 started because everyone knows Rog's only real wake up tool is CA. People know to not give Rog breathing room because he's terrible under block pressure (like everyone, but even moreso).

The rest of these changes are probably fine except the overhead cancel nerf. There's ways to Rog balanced without making him less fun. Maybe an on block VT cancel can be more negative so he can be properly punished.

I'm expecting probably a date for the next beta and hopefully a trailer for the new character this week.

The character will be playable in the next beta so there's really no reason not to drop a trailer alongside the date.

I should also start referring to the character as Taylor since that's who he is.

What they might do is drop a trailer on us tomorrow with a blog post, and then also reminding people about the costumes since they usually do that. Then beta at the end of next weekend. Depending on how the beta goes, we might get shit sooner rather than later next month. Maybe. Part of me feels like they are wanting to fix the grievous errors before sending it off into the wilds.

Well, extra battle was supposed to be soon after launch.

I'm still salty about that. I'm a sucker for those kinds of modes. Better give us World Tour to make up for it.

MrCarter

Stating the obvious but I'm thinking a trailer tomorrow or Thursday.

Oh wow, that sounds cool! When are we getting this? Or was this something they mentioned last year and haven't spoken about it since?

Yeah it sounded cool but it's been DOA ever since. Hope it makes it in someday lol.

mbpm1

It's capcom. Until you've seen it, experienced it, for a minimum of 8 hours after two maintenance cycles after it's released it may as well not be there.

Wondering if I should store extra battle next to alex/ibuki nostalgia costumes: things you should forget ever existed.

The only picture they showed from extra battle was an NPC that was also in Story mode.

They straight up showed concept and a render for those costumes though.

Bigg_Oggy

The only picture they showed from extra battle was an NPC that was also in Story mode.

They straight up showed concept and a render for those costumes though.
Yeah, you're right. The costumes and the Thailand stage were mentioned at the same panel, and had something to show that they were being developed.

In due time I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom