• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

Kolin's neutral stance is one of those rare things where I go THEY REALLY DID NOT NEED TO PUT THIS MUCH TIME AND EFFORT INTO IT.
Haha, yeah. She has so many animations that when she wins a round they inevitably get interrupted so that she can go into her win pose.

She has like 2 separate "stances" besides her default stance and all of them transition almost seamlessly into the default stance. I'm not complaining or anything, it's not like there are other animations that suffered because of it. It's just another feather in the animation team's cap.

Those people deserve all the praise they get and then some.

MCD250

I'm not complaining or anything, it's not like there are other animations that suffered because of it. It's just another feather in the animation team's cap. She has like 2 separate "stances" besides her default stance and all of them transition almost seamlessly into the default stance.

Cammy's air throw tho.

Village

She has like 2 separate "stances" besides her default stance and all of them transition almost seamlessly into the default stance. I'm not complaining or anything, it's not like there are other animations that suffered because of it. It's just another feather in the animation team's cap.

Capcom has always been about showing off what they can do with animations or with characters. Its why necalli's hair is the way it is, why there are so many dangly bits on all the costumes in the game.

Remember they made the final boss of the game SF3 look like a goddamn human Popsicle so they could show off they could turn a character around and he would be different on each side of the sprite.

Edzi

Capcom has always been about showing off what they can do with animations or with characters. Its why necalli's hair is the way it is, why there are so many dangly bits on all the costumes in the game.

Remember they made the final boss of the game SF3 look like a goddamn human Popsicle so they could show off they could turn a character around and he would be different on each side of the sprite.

All those dangly bits are a lot less impressive when they're constantly clipping through the character's face/body.

Pompadour

All those dangly bits are a lot less impressive when they're constantly clipping through the character's face/body.

They really should just disable the clothing and hair physics during intros, winposes, and the character select screen. Just make it static or animate it by hand.

The clipping isn't an issue during matches when the camera isn't zoomed in. Ken's banana bangs actually look good there.

MCD250

The thing that gets me about Cammy's air throw is that Kolin, who had the last batch of new animations introduced into the game before the S2.5 balance patch, *also* has an air throw and it actually looks pretty good! So it's like, you do one thing for one character and it's great but then you do the same thing for another character and it looks terrible.

Who seriously believes this? They're not touching up shit.
I think that was just not the final version of it.

I like to rib on Capcpom as much as the next guy but it makes no sense that the air throw for cammy has horrible animation when literally every other character in the game for every move has godlike animation. That's like the one outlier in a game full of beautifully moving hardbodies.

And of course we know that the version that was the beta we played was not the final version. The final version was supposed to include the character otherwise they would've just released Taylor on Tuesday too.

Edzi

Who seriously believes this? They're not touching up shit.

While that's usually the case with Capcom, that animation is clearly missing frames and is dramatically lower quality than any other animation in the game. I think it's pretty likely they're still working on it.

If MVC news is coming out at the end of this week, I have a feeling we'll get something tomorrow or Wednesday so they aren't overstepping each other.

Edzi

If MVC news is coming out at the end of this week, I have a feeling we'll get something tomorrow or Wednesday so they aren't overstepping each other.

Bruh, you say this every week. Just stop speculating and accept that Capcom is gonna announce stuff on their own messed up time.

But it has a much higher chance of happening this week cause there's FINALLY news about MvC:I that's gonna be shared this week and there's supposed to be stuff happening for SF5 which they need to announce a timeframe for.

ElFly

The thing that gets me about Cammy's air throw is that Kolin, who had the last batch of new animations introduced into the game before the S2.5 balance patch, *also* has an air throw and it actually looks pretty good! So it's like, you do one thing for one character and it's great but then you do the same thing for another character and it looks terrible.

it's either a thing of budget or plain old they got a lazy animator

dunno if I'd read that much into it; it's clear they got resources to make a ton of costumes, but ain't got a programmer to code an arcade mode, and I guess animators are also rare

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Speaking of personalities, ISDD's stream slays me. The guy drowns in pools in small European tournaments and genuinely thinks he'd be winning majors Stateside. I really hope he gets to make a trip to an American tournament one of these days.

Kashiwaba

SFV player archetypes
sfv_player_archetypes

Found this on Reddit and somehow it has some truth to it lol :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
While we're on the subject of DLC, I kinda dig the cheerleader costume for Mika. They need to remove her eyeband mask thing in at least one of her costumes.

MrCarter

While we're on the subject of DLC, I kinda dig the cheerleader costume for Mika. They need to remove her eyeband mask thing in at least one of her costumes.

I think all these DLC costumes have an alternate version when you do a different button input, so her eyeband could be removed while doing that. Wonder what fireman Alex and teacher Chun-Li alternates could be...

Ryce

I think all these DLC costumes have an alternate version when you do a different button input, so her eyeband could be removed while doing that. Wonder what fireman Alex and teacher Chun-Li alternates could be...
Alex - no helmet
Chun-Li - no glasses

Probably.

FluxWaveZ

I bet the design doc. for her states "she must never be seen without her mask," which is unfortunate. I just want a costume without it.

The cheerleader outfit's alright.

Edzi

I still think it's hilarious that Capcom didn't just go the KI/Tekken accessories route when it comes to character customization and DLC, especially considering how hard it seems to be for them to actually come out with costumes for all the characters even semi regularly.

MrCarter

Alex - no helmet
Chun-Li - no glasses

Probably.

Aren't the helmet and glasses the best and most sexual thing about their costumes? Personally, I would want Chun just to lose her black jacket.

They need to embrace the stripper aesthetic and remove his pants.

That thirst. I think we will just see him without the hose pipe around his body for the alternate.

I still think it's hilarious that Capcom didn't just go the KI/Tekken accessories route when it comes to character customization and DLC, especially considering how hard it seems to be for them to actually come out with costumes for all the characters even semi regularly.

Oh I think they can but either the budget doesn't allow them to or someone on that team is being a greedy fuck. Or both. Also, Tekken can keep thier dire customisations lol.

Aren't the helmet and glasses are the best and most sexual thing about their costumes? Personally, I would want Chun just to lose her black jacket.
Glasses yes, the helmet is negligible.

That thirst. I think we will just see him without the hose pipe around his body for the alternate.
That's probably what will happen. They can do better though.

I know that they are singles and I thats why I am saying that he ain't that rich. Needs to be monopoly money.
He's not that busted. Those fleece lined jackets and premium yoga pants cost a bit of scratch.

And reveal to the world who's really behind the mask??? She'd prolly get fired from her lustrous wrestling career.

MCD250

Mika probably has horrible scars around her eyes and that's why she wears a mask all the time.

Or is that explanation not anime enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom