• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I saw an air fireball? (snowball?)

It seems like a setup/vortex snowball. She can throw it and it stays out there long enough that she can legitimately get you guessing as to which direction she's gonna hit. She also seems to have a double jump.

In regards to the V-system thing, the only V-skills that just feel straight up uninspired to me are Akuma's and Ibuki's. Everyone else's feels like it fits the character well.

Village

Ahhh got it.

Bonchan making Nash look really good.

I think one Ken per game is more than enough.
Naaah

Give me violence
Injustice 2 has premium skins which straight up change the character's appearance into someone else and also features completely new dialogue. Like turning Flash into Reverse-Flash.

But they play and are customizable in exactly the same way.
I don't like that if its a different person. Its like when they made john stewart an alt skin, he's a different person him using the exact same constructs felt weird and I wish he had his own thing

Ken is the EXACT same person. So i'm more ok with this.
What happened to her face...

Its less of a generic chipmunk anime face

So I take it back. The Geese Parries are pretty damn cool. Also that Millia Rage lookin Story Alt has me bought in. Gonna be trying her out pretty extensively I think.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The weird thing was that Kolin already had a slightly different face than Helen in the story mode:
Kolin_sf5.jpg

But I don't mind it, she looks fine.

Fucking Balrog, a mid-tier dude in the story, was able to beat Necaili. That made absolutely no sense considering Rog isn't that tough compared to Ken, Ryu, Sagat, and the dudes above him.

Really interested in Kolin. Hopefully she isn't a low tier champion that'll fall off after the end of March though.

I've heard rumblings about the balance patch for a while now. I think the patch is supposed to end up happening after Final Round? If so I'd prefer it that way hoping Asia comes out in full force since it's a premier event. I think it'd make sense if their monitoring character performance like they said and not to balance strictly off of knee jerk reactions from weeklies.

Right now I can imagine: Laura/Balrog/Guile/Cammy/Urien/Necalli getting toned down slightly to be more in line with the A/B tier characters. C tier characters being buffed up to be in line with the rest. Characters like Ibuki/Rashid/Ken/Karin/Gief who are on the edge of S/A tier should probably stay the same without being buffed up and becoming the new characters to hate of the month.

I also hope they look at the system changes they've made and readjust those as well. V-Reversal nerfs don't really make sense IMO to make them slower in such a heavily offensive game. Grey health recovering slower is another thing I'm not too sure about, right now you pretty much gotta accept grey health as real damage lol. Also the overall nerfs made to normals to make them slower across the board is another thing I'm not agreeing with.

I'm also still not sure why they made regular overheads -6, those that don't combo into anything but kept Chun's & Ibuki's safe even though they can combo from it lol, seems a bit backwards imo.

also I really like that Kolin's V-Trigger is called Diamond Dust lol, Shiva is the best summon

MCD250

I think most V-Skills are solid tbh. There's a handful that seem pretty useless, like FANG's or R. Mika's, and not all of them feel as crucial or intricately tied to a character's game plan the way Guile's or Ken's do, but most of them seem to have some good utility during a regular match. A lot of V-Skills could definitely use some tweaking for sure, though.

I also wish Cammy had been given something more original than just her spin knuckle, even though this is probably the best version of spin knuckle ever.

I think most V-Skills are solid tbh. There's a handful that seem pretty useless, like FANG's or R. Mika's, and not all of them feel as crucial or intricately tied to a character's game plan the way Guile's or Ken's do, but most of them seem to have some good utility during a regular match. A lot of V-Skills could definitely use some tweaking for sure, though.

I also wish Cammy had been given something more original than just her spin knuckle, even though this is probably the best version of spin knuckle ever.

F.A.N.G's V-skill is actually useful.
In one matchup. Guile. A case can also be made for Gief

Sayad

As previously mentioned, we have been analyzing player performance since the Season 2 balance changes. At this time, we can confirm additional changes are in the works to bring characters in-line with how we envision them to perform.
Oh shit! More nerfs for FANG and Alex!

I just realized.

New characters means NEW THEMES!!! We might get another RASHIDO or another smooth FANG theme!

Or we might get another Laura.

I mean, I'd rather they just buff the bottom boys, but people complain about the top tiers way too much for them to ignore. People don't want to learn how to fight Laura, they don't want to watch out for Rog's mixups, and they don't want to deal with AR setups. Normalizing, at least in the way I'm referring to, would just mean buffing the lower tiers and leaving the game as is. But people aren't going to like either method, so I'd settle for some tweaks on either side.

It's like that with pretty much all fighting games that receive updates. GG is already getting shit for things and it's not even out of the loketest AFAIK.
Trying to fight Laura feels too much like trying to fight S1 Mika right now except she is strong everywhere instead of just in the corner, Rog's pressure (that leads to MASSIVE damage) is hard to anticipate offline (now imagine trying to anticipate his dash punches and lows in online where the vast majority of fights take place) and Urien's Aegis reflector shenanigans wouldn't be so bad if the base character didn't have such safe specials paired with safe super long normals. Those three are definitely outliers right now and I'd rather not become a regular at duff city for another year just because Karin is made of porcelain.
Ahhh got it.

Bonchan making Nash look really good.
Nemo helped a lot with all those attempted jump ins too. I'm not trying to take anything away from Bonchan because he was great, but it could have turned out worse for him if Nemo had tried some other approach than just looking for max damage jump in combos.
They de-chipmunked it
Calling it right now.

Kolin's damage is gonna be garbage.
Her health will probably be garbage.
Fucking Balrog, a mid-tier dude in the story, was able to beat Necaili. That made absolutely no sense considering Rog isn't that tough compared to Ken, Ryu, Sagat, and the dudes above him.
Necallis the biggest jobber. Can't wait to see him get owned by Alex and Dudley next.
Capcom | Good Financial Sense
We'll get those 3S alts someday.
also I really like that Kolin's V-Trigger is called Diamond Dust lol, Shiva is the best summon
Super jojos naming sense.

No mention of the new (currently unlisted) DLC they added to Steam a few days ago.
I doubt that is Kolin (other characters are only listed in-game), so I guess that'll be revealed at a later date.

Tbh all of Kolin's costumes are pretty classy, lack of pants aside. They even went with her suit and tie for her Nostalgia alt instead of the one with cleavage from the end of story mode, which is nice.

Can't wait to see her colours.

Tbh all of Kolin's costumes are pretty classy, lack of pants aside.
I can't stop laughing.

But you're right, the costumes do look well-detailed and just look good in general. Particularly love the Gill-esque emblem that she has on in her default,story and premium costumes.

MCD250

F.A.N.G's V-skill is actually useful.
In one matchup. Guile. A case can also be made for Gief
Heh. I guess that's true.

It's just so weird to me that it doesn't cause at least a little hit/blockstun. I guess they thought it'd be too easy for FANG to keep people out that way.

Meanwhile Guile can throw a boom, put up a Sonic Blade and Flash Kick in the space of like 1.5 seconds.

FluxWaveZ

Be gentle with Urien, Capcom.

Haha. Urien and Laura are gonna have some kind of fate soon. Curious to see what happens.

For Mika, literally all I want is for them to revert the +4 to her EX Peach recovery. And maybe give her back her cr.MP airborne status. But the EX Peach change is what is most needed, because otherwise her pressure off of that doesn't make sense for a 950 health grappler who is using 1 bar on a move like that.

Trying to fight Laura feels too much like trying to fight S1 Mika right now except she is strong everywhere instead of just in the corner, Rog's pressure (that leads to MASSIVE damage) is hard to anticipate offline (now imagine trying to anticipate his dash punches and lows in online where the vast majority of fights take place) and Urien's Aegis reflector shenanigans wouldn't be so bad if the base character didn't have such safe specials paired with safe super long normals. Those three are definitely outliers right now and I'd rather not become a regular at duff city for another year just because Karin is made of porcelain.

Laura has to work harder, but I see similarities there. She's not as bad as Mika was though.

Rog's v-skill pressure is reactable. One is an overhead you can block and the other is blockable too. If you can bully a Rog, he can't do shit. The problem isn't the damage, but him getting too much off one or two bars of meter. they need to change it so Rog players have to really think about that bar usage instead of just cashing it in whenever because they know they'll get loadsa damage.

Urien doesn't need that crmk.

I think what people want is going to depend on what characters they play and how they can respond to the top tiers. I just hope Capcom doesn't nerf the fun that comes with the crazy shit.

Pompadour

I'm in agreement that V-Skills are mostly disappointing. Not that they're all bad, though (they're mostly useful) but few seem key to a characters playstyle. Guile, Balrog, and Ken are a few of the characters that seem to constantly be using their V-Skills.

They should at least overhaul the skills that are both bad and unimportant: Ibuki and FANG's. Alex should just get his Parry as a V-Skill.

FluxWaveZ

Laura has to work harder, but I see similarities there. She's not as bad as Mika was though.

She is, though. If she isn't worse, she's exactly as bad as S1 Mika was in terms of setplay and neutral annoyance. How is she not? It's like SolarPowered said: even in S1, Mika needed the corner to get going, but her clap meant she could get it going much easier than she can now. Also because her cr.HP was more of a menace.

She looks interesting, I hope she has at least 950 health though.
Second character (after mika) I'll also have to get the story alt for. Not really feeling the nostalgia oufit though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ibuki's V-Skill is probably the worst, especially since she's missing other stuff, too.

And my question from the trailer thread that no one answered:
After the Urien Crush Counter, does she juggle or even OTG with her sweep? Looks cool.

I can't stop laughing.

But you're right, the costumes do look well-detailed and just look good in general. Particularly love the Gill-esque emblem that she has on in her default,story and premium costumes.

The standard of class is admittedly low, to be fair :p

Kolin's the only woman in the game without a blatantly fanservicey alt right now (not that there's anything wrong with fanservice costumes, but a greater variety would be nice). I guess you could make the argument for her battle costume but at the least it looks a lot more practical than say, Cammy's.

Let's see how long it takes for her to catch up with the other women. They've got a hefty lead but I'm sure Capcom'll fix that :p

Rog's v-skill pressure is reactable. One is an overhead you can block and the other is blockable too. If you can bully a Rog, he can't do shit. The problem isn't the damage, but him getting too much off one or two bars of meter. they need to change it so Rog players have to really think about that bar usage instead of just cashing it in whenever because they know they'll get loadsa damage.

Urien doesn't need that crmk.

I think what people want is going to depend on what characters they play and how they can respond to the top tiers. I just hope Capcom doesn't nerf the fun that comes with the crazy shit.

Yea I hope they keep the fun stuff but obviously tone down the stupid stuff.

I still think the balancing would change a bit if they'd just lower the input delay a bit more but that's really too much to ask at this point.

She is, though. If she isn't worse, she's exactly as bad as S1 Mika was in terms of setplay and neutral annoyance. How is she not? It's like SolarPowered said: even in S1, Mika needed the corner to get going, but her clap meant she could get it going much easier than she can now. Also because her cr.HP was more of a menace.

Mika needed the corner to get going and her clap gave her the corner at midscreen so she got going immediately lol. You could end a round really quickly with a random poke in neutral without any type of meter. Laura needs resources to do anything similar. Nor does she have a command throw loops lol.

pls don't get me started on S1 Mika's V-Reversal

Neoxon

I can't stop laughing.

I think that's the symbol of the Illuminati.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom