• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They would have to replace "KO", "Fight", "Round 1" with complete nonsensical garbage, too.

And characters would have to have some wacky ass shit.

Wackiest stuff right now is Birdie and FANG. Everyone else is fairly standard in terms of moveset. No one has little creatures crawling all over the screen, or hanging pool balls in the air that you can knock or having to eat food so you can keep doing specials.

Anime games also need stuff like this:
image.php

Also the mechanics of this game would have to be renamed to sound way cooler than the current V System does to be true anime. Would need to be more like

V-Reversal > DEAD BREAK COUNTER

V-Skill > UNIQUE ACTION

V-Trigger > REVENGE INSTALL

mbpm1

And characters would have to have some wacky ass shit.

Wackiest stuff right now is Birdie and FANG. Everyone else is fairly standard in terms of moveset. No one has little creatures crawling all over the screen, or hanging pool balls in the air that you can knock or having to eat food so you can keep doing specials.

I want some more unique character properties bu I know that if they add them there's a chance they might FANG balance them to counteract

But now we have Urien so they might go that route

New002

It's crazy how you can play for hours and not see a character. I ran into a Dhalsim player yesterday in casuals and couldn't remember the last time I played against the character. I lost :( Just didn't have the match-up experience.

Pachinko

I doubt anyone cares but after farting around for a few weeks I tried something that seems To have worked to make SFV work at 4K. I turned SLI off and let nvidia use recommended settings and yeah , no more stutter. I guess this game just has really shitty SLI support.

Anyway , I'm online for a bit if anyone wants to beat me up - PCh1nko is the capcom ID.

Also the mechanics of this game would have to be renamed to sound way cooler than the current V System does to be true anime. Would need to be more like

V-Reversal > DEAD BREAK COUNTER

V-Skill > UNIQUE ACTION

V-Trigger > REVENGE INSTALL

That sounds like something from Guilty Gear.

Can I get crossup stomps tho?

Easy to deal with in 3rd Strike, but I could imagine it would be extremely annoying in this game.
EX stomps need an air hitbox with which to stuff air approaches sometimes. A lot of SFV characters still lack stronger air punishes and this would be a good way of buffing Alex in that area. The closest thing to crossups he should get are ground shockwaves that cause a tiny amount of hitstun (not enough to combo with or v-trigger cancel) on whiff at close range.
Why are more people not playing Necalli?

I've been screwing around with him in Training Mode. The dude seems overall still really good. :|
It's mind boggling how good Necalli still is, and that nobody seems to be talking about it.

He still has a jab AA, he still has that RIDICULOUS command grab, and is still just as good as he always was if not better. Only real nerf to him was the DP nerf.
People are still enjoying the new hotness. Sooner or later they'll hop back on the old reliable.
I still think some kind of spiral DDT should have been his V-Reversal.
He needs something he can use in the neutral at medium range besides headbutt and stomp. Only the latter knocks down and it is pretty finnicky.
It's crazy how you can play for hours and not see a character. I ran into a Dhalsim player yesterday in casuals and couldn't remember the last time I played against the character. I lost :( Just didn't have the match-up experience.
Trying to get Fang, Rashid and Sim experience can be hard as hell in this game. Running into other characters is a piece of a cake in comparison.
I doubt anyone cares but after farting around for a few weeks I tried something that seems To have worked to make SFV work at 4K. I turned SLI off and let nvidia use recommended settings and yeah , no more stutter. I guess this game just has really shitty SLI support.

Anyway , I'm online for a bit if anyone wants to beat me up - PCh1nko is the capcom ID.
Anything for playing in window mode? The game crashes on me whenever try it. It also runs worse when I play it below 1920x1080 for some reason lol.

Pachinko

Anything for playing in window mode? The game crashes on me whenever try it. It also runs worse when I play it below 1920x1080 for some reason lol.

Hrm.... well it depends what GPU you're using, what monitor you're using ... what driver is running.

So many things can make a game crash. I know from experience that SFV doesn't like being alt+tabbed in and out , tends to make it run like pooh.

If I had to guess at the root of your problem though, it's probably something to do with your desktop properties, I mean, when you've got the window sitting there instead of fullscreen , it's keeping whatever settings are normally enabled just for windows and something could be conflicting with the way SFV is trying to render. As for what ? I have no idea, again , annoyingly - every computer is different.

I run into many Rashid players. Most are super random, though.
This is how one plays Rashid at mid to low levels.
Hrm.... well it depends what GPU you're using, what monitor you're using ... what driver is running.

So many things can make a game crash. I know from experience that SFV doesn't like being alt+tabbed in and out , tends to make it run like pooh.

If I had to guess at the root of your problem though, it's probably something to do with your desktop properties, I mean, when you've got the window sitting there instead of fullscreen , it's keeping whatever settings are normally enabled just for windows and something could be conflicting with the way SFV is trying to render. As for what ? I have no idea, again , annoyingly - every computer is different.
I play on a laptop with 2 GPUs (obviously the 950m enabled for SFV and almost all of my steam games). You'd think it was the dual GPU situation, but I had the same crashing issue with my desktop and SFV is the only game that gives me issues running in window mode. Can't wait for Revelator 2, so I can play another good 2.5D game without stupid issues like these.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I am thoroughly disgusted that the more of a concentrated effort i make to be random the better i seem to do.

Astrael

Well, I haven't played since like September when classes overwhelmed me, and started feeling demoralized from never winning matches online. I was worried that S2 patch would wreck my Karin game, but the good news is I'm just as good (bad) as I was before! I'm just happy I didn't forget any of my combos.

Now maybe I can finally rank up to Silver.

myco666

Probably pretty even? Walk him to the corner.

But I can just keep spamming V-skill and Gief can't really do anything to that. Then you just press st.HP bunch of times which I think beats almost any of Giefs buttons. Like it feels very favorable for Birdie. Then again the Gief I played against might just not have known what to do.

ElFly

But I can just keep spamming V-skill and Gief can't really do anything to that. Then you just press st.HP bunch of times which I think beats almost any of Giefs buttons. Like it feels very favorable for Birdie. Then again the Gief I played against might just not have known what to do.

gief can jump into the banana or whatever and immediately block, or walk in and block, or v-skill it

but it is still hard to do and a lot of work

Spuck-uk

Banned

If gief is within jump range and Birdie presses V-Skill, it end very badly for him. If Gief has V-trigger, same story.

If gief is within jump range and Birdie presses V-Skill, it end very badly for him. If Gief has V-trigger, same story.
If birdie got a banana out there, gief is pretty much in a horrible situation unless he armors through it.

If gief activates vtrigger with the banana out there, he gets hit by it.

Matchup is definitely birdie favoured. Like 7-3 in my opinion.

myco666

gief can jump into the banana or whatever and immediately block, or walk in and block, or v-skill it

but it is still hard to do and a lot of work

Isn't Gief at disvantage after all of these though?

I don't think you can punish v-skill with jumpin on reaction. Gief needs to be already jumping right?

V-trigger is kinda once in a match thing and it is a 3bar trigger so Gief is almost dead at that point.

ElFly

Gief's revenge install is hit by the banana

Maybe birdie is absorbed in before the banana is out? I'd have to test. It is 300+ damage if it connects tho. Can't remember the exact number

It s a 6-4 match. It used to be worse tho

Yeah he is at disadvantage but it is better than the alternative.

I think the best option is v skill. We giefs don't use it enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom