• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

To be fair, Count has been playing Laura since the beta. She was thought of as low tier in the beginning. Remember when that guy named Mr. Crimson won with her in the first CPT event of last year and everybody got hyped because low tier won? Tiers changed, his opinion has not.

MCD250

giphy.gif

tfw your only defensive mechanic doesn't do jack shit
It's fine, Rog had to charge that TAP so that makes it completely fair.

Does anybody remember how long it took for all of Ed's colors to get added to the CFN portal? I'm wondering when I'll be able to see if Abigail's 11-15 colors are worth it.

Hey guys need help...trying to grind to hit Master, I'm at Super diamond now and started to get stumped in certain match ups. Any help would be greatly appreciated

- Cammy & Karin How do you stop there pressure with lights? They both have these st.lk that have good range and safe on block meaning they can do them over and over. They use these to zone basically as the player is usually waiting on a jump in. Is spacing and counter poking the only option here?

- Ibuki what's the best way to deal with her dash? Jab is all I have but sometimes seems unreliable on reaction. Also any tips for her mixup? I try not to jump in the match much, but still seem to once or twice be landing and guessing what side she is on.

Laura well not sure if there is any help here besides don't get in the blender. I found out her st.mk is negative on block but so many Laura online seem to spam it. Hopefully punishing that will help, I go through my V-meter in this matchup with reversals. But it seems to be the same thing, I either get whooped or whoop lol. Guess I just need more Laura experience.

Hey guys need help...trying to grind to hit Master, I'm at Super diamond now and started to get stumped in certain match ups. Any help would be greatly appreciated

- Cammy & Karin How do you stop there pressure with lights? They both have these st.lk that have good range and safe on block meaning they can do them over and over. They use these to zone basically as the player is usually waiting on a jump in. Is spacing and counter poking the only option here?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ibuki what's the best way to deal with her dash? Jab is all I have but sometimes seems unreliable on reaction. Also any tips for her mixup? I try not to jump in the match much, but still seem to once or twice be landing and guessing what side she is on.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Laura well not sure if there is any help here besides don't get in the blender. I found out her st.mk is negative on block but so many Laura online seem to spam it. Hopefully punishing that will help, I go through my V-meter in this matchup with reversals. But it seems to be the same thing, I either get whooped or whoop lol. Guess I just need more Laura experience.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah Laura's st.MK is -2. the problem is that sometimes it puts her out of range of your jab, so just be mindful of her spacing when doing it. sometimes you want to contest it but others its not worth the risk especially online. A lot of her approach options are unsafe or minus on block. You play Ken right? She's +1 after dash in on the medium elbow followup so doesn't have very real throw mixup options and since you have a 3 frame light tatsu you can blow her up for doing anything other than jab after a dash forward. and her meaty options are - on block there too. 0 after a forward dash from a regular throw so you can trade with her. You should only really be scared of the mixup after a backthrow where she can meaty ex command grab anything other than your ex dp/super. I guess vreversal her EX fireballs specifically since that's where a lot of her pressure comes from.

Just fought a Bison named AllHailTrump and threw up in my mouth a bit.

I guess it was kinda appropriate since he was playing the Nazi analogue though?

SephLuis

- Ibuki what's the best way to deal with her dash? Jab is all I have but sometimes seems unreliable on reaction. Also any tips for her mixup? I try not to jump in the match much, but still seem to once or twice be landing and guessing what side she is on.

First of all, which character is your main ? You probably have more resources to deal with those MUs than you realize.

I got some experience versus Karin and it's a very tough fight. Mostly because you will be forced to play footsies which is an area that Karin excels. If your opponent is spamming the same normals, you can try whiff punishing them or try to frame trap them.

For example, if the Karin is spamming st.lk, I would use cr.mk or b.hk to see if it can get them into a small combo (I play Juri). Once they are knocked down, the pressure is your and you have to ride it all the way through. Going back to neutral is very bad for you since Karin has the upper hand and can do a lot of damage easily.

Ibuki is another tough MU for me because I also do not know where to defend her mix ups. A lot of them try to cross during an attack string, so I press some light buttons and try to make a BnB combo out of it.

SephLuis

He plays Ken.

He's got a reliable projectile, so use it from time to time. Karin players get frustrated on seeing their push buttons not working and start to make mistakes.

Obviously, don't abuse or you will get hurt. Keep it on safe strings of as a keep away after they whiff an attack.

Kashiwaba

Since you guys are offering tips i need help with Laura match up, i play as Rashid and everyone says she is an easy match up against Rashid but somehow i always lose.

I'm gonna go to bed now but when I wake up, I am definitely writing an essay on SFV's and KI's problems and my journey towards the realization that 3D fighting games are the ones I enjoy the most.

SephLuis

Since you guys are offering tips i need help with Laura match up, i play as Rashid and everyone says she is an easy match up against Rashid but somehow i always lose.

I don't believe there is an easy match up in this game as every character has some tool that hurts a lot if given the chance.

Rashid has the advantage over Laura because he moves quickly, while Laura depends on getting close to their opponent. Even if Laura does get close to Rashid, he has the tornado, v-skill and many other ways to run away.

Tan

Backdash

I quit Bison a while back, and sometimes dabble with him, but man, how do people stop Ibuki's pressure?

Defense is my worse suit in any game. My execution comes close but I can put on that aggression session when I need to. Put the pressure on me and I crumble like a baby. Doesn't matter what game.

Maybe I'll go Akuma for a little bit and teach myself some goddamn patience.

He's got a reliable projectile, so use it from time to time. Karin players get frustrated on seeing their push buttons not working and start to make mistakes.

Obviously, don't abuse or you will get hurt. Keep it on safe strings of as a keep away after they whiff an attack.

gotcha, poke back with FB...I'll definitely work on that.

Tks for the tips...

Yeah sometimes I just jump back, but it can quickly put you in the corner which can be death lol.

SephLuis

gotcha, poke back with FB...I'll definitely work on that.

Tks for the tips...

Yeah sometimes I just jump back, but it can quickly put you in the corner which can be death lol.

Yeah, don't give her too much space. I try to get my charges on safe strings, but it's tough.
She does have a special that goes over projectiles, but I don't think it hits on reaction and it's risky for her. They will try EX dash for sure once they are pissed.

Just saw the footage (at full res) of nostalgia Alex from the WSO stream. Looks really damn good for a long haired blonde dude considering how often they mess up with blondes and long haired characters in this game. Ibuki and Juri both look great as well. Now Alex and Juri just need some gameplay buffs to complement their nostalgia costume buffs and we're good to go.
No idea.

Neither do the leaderboards.
Neither does the EVO top 64.

MCD250

I've been rewatching some EVO top 8 matches and it's really striking to me how good Tokido is at confirming Akuma's sMK. I think it worked for him like 90% of the time. He really managed to stuff Punk in the neutral with that, and it also helped him a lot when fighting Itabashi.

I'm gonna go to bed now but when I wake up, I am definitely writing an essay on SFV's and KI's problems and my journey towards the realization that 3D fighting games are the ones I enjoy the most.

Too bad the only 3D fighter that still exists is a 2D fighter with sidestepping.

Quick reminder that Bamco celebrated SoulCalibur's 20th Anniversary with a 10 minute trailer for a pachinko game.

kikiribu

I miss the Soul Calibur. Felt Namco had some creativity with that series but with Tekken they always stayed safe.
Yeah, as much as I love Tekken 7, it feels outdated to me. They really should try a new art style and new animations for Tekken 8. At times it even looks like they share body models.

I would love a new SC.

At times it even looks like they share body models.

They actually do.

The females all use the exact same model in the generic clothes. Only the bust sizes and skin tones were changed. Males might be the same, seeing how differing musclular builds stopped being a thing in TTT2.

Top Bottom