• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

What would y'all say the Laura/Birdie matchup is like? I just realized I don't know enough about either character to make a judgment.

tumblr_oqz0d0Eiqy1usrgjso1_540.gif

tumblr_oqz0d0Eiqy1usrgjso2_540.gif

This looks really good. Who is this?

Just finished Final Fight 2 (I'm playing the 3 FF games) and, like most say, it's fun, but it def isn't as good as the first.

I don't want anybody to say shit about throw loops in this game until they fight Rolent(o) in FF2. There's little on Earth more aggravating than being thrown instantly after getting up because you didn't mash hard enough.

Mizerman

Just finished Final Fight 2 (I'm playing the 3 FF games) and, like most say, it's fun, but it def isn't as good as the first.

I don't want anybody to say shit about throw loops in this game until they fight Rolent(o) in FF2. There's little on Earth more aggravating than being thrown instantly after getting up because you didn't mash hard enough.

Yeah...FF2 is alright, but it felt more of the same compared to FF3.

Zackat

decided I would try and learn how to play charge characters for a few days until abigail. I can't even do guiles 2nd trial. I can't seem to get enough charge after the stand mp>cr.lp to do the boom.

decided I would try and learn how to play charge characters for a few days until abigail. I can't even do guiles 2nd trial. I can't seem to get enough charge after the stand mp>cr.lp to do the boom.
Lol I learned Guile and Decaf in SFIV because i sucked at motion characters like 3 years ago.

Y'all ever drink and play fighting games?
Absolutely. Some wine or bourbon helps calm my nerves before a match and adds some enjoyment. Of course, if I'm hammered then it goes to shit, but it only really gets that far if I'm playing with some friends and shooting the shit, and I don't care how poorly I do at that point. It's not every time I play either.

No, It's a good thing.

I dont know a thing about Ed or Kolin, or Birdie since I rarely play against them and they are my worst matchups since I try my hardest to learn their mechanics on the fly.

If I could give some advice, I'd say to cool it with the V-Reversals. You're using them on moves that aren't even safe and it's costing you both V-Meter and an opportunity for a punish. Use them when you're being pressured and have no other way out, not randomly in neutral.

mbpm1

I tried to play different characters to get used to not playing kolin sicne I'm going to try abigail

I tried out Gief and Cammy

Gief was fun when you knock them down but more boring than I remember far away

Cammy is so fast. tho only thing holding me back is not knowing good ranges to try and use pressure normals at so stuff whiffed a lot. Like, she's way fast. its crazy.

In both cases though muscle memory is a bitch and I couldnt do the right things.

I wonder how abigail's anti airs are

joe2187

Banned
If I could give some advice, I'd say to cool it with the V-Reversals. You're using them on moves that aren't even safe and it's costing you both V-Meter and an opportunity for a punish. Use them when you're being pressured and have no other way out, not randomly in neutral.

I use it mainly to position myself better but I screw up the setup anyway, and yeah i use it too much.

Birdie is fucking my mind

joe2187

Banned
This will have to be my last match cuz i am literally falling asleep on my stick

Alright, thanks alot, it was nice playing some long sets, havent done that since SFIV in a long while.

you've shown me alot, and I've learned alot. Good night, and thanks for all the fights man.

Alright, thanks alot, it was nice playing some long sets, havent done that since SFIV in a long while.

you've shown me alot, and I've learned alot. Good night, and thanks for all the fights man.

Yeah, GGs! If I had to give some advice, I'd say to cut down on the uses of V-Reversal, crHK and non-cancelled specials; I managed to sneak in some free damage by baiting all three of them on different occasions. I'd also recommend learning a few more V-Trigger setups; the one you were using most of the time only really worked in the corner so I never really felt scared about eating big damage anywhere else on the screen.

The mild lag plus my own fatigue unfortunately prevented me from playing at 100%, but I'm glad you learned something nonetheless! I had a lot of fun myself.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, GGs! If I had to give some advice, I'd say to cut down on the uses of V-Reversal, crHK and non-cancelled specials; I managed to sneak in some free damage by baiting all three of them on different occasions. I'd also recommend learning a few more V-Trigger setups; the one you were using most of the time only really worked in the corner so I never really felt scared about eating big damage anywhere else on the screen.

The mild lag plus my own fatigue unfortunately prevented me from playing at 100%, but I'm glad you learned something nonetheless! I had a lot of fun myself.

Thanks for the tips, and yeah the lag was pretty bad for a while.

I never even realized the baiting, I gotta be more observant in my matches.

I actually know three different, even higher damaging V trigger setups, but when I get the first hit confirm, I fall upon muscle memory and do the simple stupid shit that gives me very little damage. It's bad habit I gotta break since, I know I could have actually won more than my fair share of rounds if I just followed through.

The V reversals are what I tend to do when I get frustrated, so that's why you see about thirty of them a round. (at least mika gains v meter fast!)

I only play random casuals 2-3 hours a week online, so Im trying my best to learn what I can.

SlimXx

I wonder how abigail's anti airs are

Hard to say for sure until we have frame data and hit/hurt box data, but here are my observations from watching the available footage:

Standing jab is definitely his main go-to quick anti-air. It's main weakness appears to be that it only hits at his chest/shoulder area (and takes at least one extra frame to reach its highest point).

Back, toward, and down fierce all can act as anti-air, but all are on the slow side (~11-13 frames, based on my YouTube video counting). However, it appears you can juggle with at least Dynamite Punch after an anti-air toward fierce if you catch them high enough.

Low strong appears to actually be good at stopping jump-ins that are above his head, possibly including cross-ups. It is similarly slow to the fierce punches, though.

Fierce Abi Punch appears to hit a bit higher than his stand jab, in the same sort of area, but is even slower than the fierce punches by at least a couple frames.

And of course, you can use his standing V Skill to parry a jump-in attack and follow up with a juggle.

I'm a bit disappointed that he has no Nitro Charge ender designed to deal with jumps. All four enders can be avoided by just jumping over him as soon as you see him start to run. The V Skill may catch them if they try to neutral jump the run and attack on the way down, but there's no reason for them to risk that. The overhead ender will actually catch jumps, but only if you commit to it before they actually jump.

Marvel

could never
I find Battle Lounge a relaxing place to chill and experiment. It's typically where I try and figure out/practice set-ups and resets.

Why is Bison such a bad matchup for Nash?

I've never done well against Bison and I've never seen too many other Nash players do well against him either but I can't put my finger on why.

I just teabagged a Urien for no real reason on the dizzy of the final hit. I just KnucklePunked this guy and I feel a little bit like scum. I don't even know why I did it. It just kinda happened.

Femto.

I just teabagged a Urien for no real reason on the dizzy of the final hit. I just KnucklePunked this guy and I feel a little bit like scum. I don't even know why I did it. It just kinda happened.

Sometimes I get people who RQ on me (in casual matches) just for getting perfected/close to perfected and//or stunned by me playing Laura.

Should I feel like a scum?

Nah. You shouldn't either, we all have a little bad on the inside.

Top Bottom