• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Skilletor

Yeah, I don't care if people dislike or hate sf5. I just don't understand how a game garners this hatred spanning almost 18 months and counting.

Like...move on. Why are you still talking about something you dislike so much?

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, I don't care if people dislike or hate sf5. I just don't understand how a game garners this hatred spanning almost 18 months and counting.

Have been in an RE6 thread?

Any thread about RE6 is like a troll signal.

Xeteh

I'm convinced Ono is a serial killer and he's murdered everyone's parents and all they saw was a tiny Blanka figurine their only revenge is to hate on SFV at every turn.

Do these people have money to burn or something?

Presumably, yes.
But I am not familiar with either of their financial situations.

Wasn't today the day that we were supposed to log in to get the 30k fight money bonus?

The date for that hasn't been announced yet.
I would guess that it is some time during the end of August.

anyone have a link to that daigo win?

https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/891654073060962304

EDIT: Full stream of the final match:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163063312?t=04h54m10s

VariantX

It's been every Ryu since season 2 at least

whiff jab whiff light whiff jab fireball whiff jab whiff light dash in and out and then jump

Apparently, I'm doing it wrong...I just don't hit buttons at all unless I think I'll hit them. I need to figure out why that works at all.

Apparently, I'm doing it wrong...I just don't hit buttons at all unless I think I'll hit them. I need to figure out why that works at all.

I barely hit buttons in neutral either. I mean I will whiff some jabs just for the hell of it at mid screen but I don't go nuts whiffing buttons at safe ranges like I've seen so many do. Most of my whiff buttons though are mediums buffered into special(or OS depending on who you ask around here) done at mid screen trying to whiff punish or catch dash ins.

I did face this Ultra Gold Ryu a few times who could only seem to move with jumps or dashes. Barely any walking involved lol. And the guy kept trying to go for crush counter and shimmies when all I did was hold down back because I know Ryu can't do shit after a throw.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
The Abigail Train stops for no man. Last night I had my boy so shook off Abi's run. One knockdown and the mix-up starts. At one point I pulled off 3 Bay Area Sunrise's in a row and then on the 4th, Avalanche Press. Other times I would do the punch, but early so he committed off wake up, whiffed, and then I'd punish. So good. I'm camping now, won't be back till Tuesday, but miss the big dude already.

But I was thinking of finally going back to a Chun avatar...

Just don't get an SFV Chun avatar.
May I suggest the following:
SFTM_ChunLi.gif

mbpm1

Hate is fun. Just look at the presidency.

I've been wondering, anyone here want any scrapped Street Fighter characters to eventually appear in V? I'd love to see Gen's disciple or King Cobra in this game, based on their concept art.

bostuchar05.jpg

latest

leroidys

Anybody stuck with Kolin since she came out? I'm interested in playing her but have no idea what I'm doing. Didn't see anyone rep her at Evo this year.

I've been wondering, anyone here want any scrapped Street Fighter characters to eventually appear in V? I'd love to see Gen's disciple or King Cobra in this game, based on their concept art.

bostuchar05.jpg

latest

I made a post about the one on the bottom before. I'd love to see him in the game even though we don't really need another Shoto. The game needs at least one normal sized, non-goofball, somewhat attractive black male in it.

The one on the top left looks like a Youtuber to me, for some reason.

The problem w/ King Cobra's design is that the last thing the series needs is another guy in a Gi.
But it's a cool gi. Besides, nothing could be worse than Rufus. I'm still baffled they chose him over King Cobra. I mean, I have no problem with joke characters in general, but fuck Rufus. Worst Street Fighter character in the series design wise by far in my mind.

kirblar

But it's a cool gi. Besides, nothing could be worse than Rufus. I'm still baffled they chose him over King Cobra. I mean, I have no problem with joke characters in general, but fuck Rufus. Worst Street Fighter character in the series design wise by far in my mind.
Bob and Rufus are attempts to merge the Sammo Hung archetype w/ an American character which don't work because no one outside of Japan is familiar w/ the Sammo Hung archetype.

Greenzxy

bostuchar05.jpg

latest

It's funny because I was fine with King Cobra for the SF IV era, in fact I wanted him to be in the game, but I feel with V it wouldn't quite work as well for some reason.

mbpm1

Any tips for someone coming from a Ruy/Alex player (aka ultra bronze scrub)?
Use cr mk to poke from outside the range of most chars. If they get wise to that counterpoke with your medium or heavy buttons buffered into hp stabs. Anti air with cr hp ,st lp, aa counter, or vskill (if they come from far). Mix up with dash ins

Avoid using regular counters in neutral. Use vskill counters when you read pokes or counter pokes but don't rely on it bc it's -7 on block. Know your mixups off of ex stabs. Know your damage routes based on ex meter(you can get varying damage if you spend one, two or three bars from an ex combo starter. Know your counter hit jab combos and confirm them. Beat fireballs through jumping with hi, don't spend meter on ex dash punch too much.

This should take you to gold.
Alex is top tier in my heart.
You don't even believe this lol

It's funny because I was fine with King Cobra for the SF IV era, in fact I wanted him to be in the game, but I feel with V it wouldn't quite work as well for some reason.

To be honest, his design does feel kind of 2008, if that makes any sense.

I don't think this exact design would work but a variation of it could, for sure.

DR2K

Banned
Playing blazblue helped up my execution game in SFV. I was shocked at how easily I breezed through Juris season 2 trials.

Pachinko

Honestly, I think it's because they have nothing better to do and it gets a response. Much like an infant crying for attention. That's why I try to keep my SFV comments to this thread right here were , sure , we all complain about it but we also still play the game and want it to be better rather than wishing ill upon those who don't feel the same.

Top Bottom