• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Vega is wearing his Battle Outfit in the Halloween bundle icon.

BzOOQui.jpg

#capcpcom

its about the effort ryce. the effort.

That Cammy theme remix did not meet my expectations, ah well.

So I wonder what kind of spooky halloween monster Vega's battle costume was viewed as to end up on that image over the vamp vega? or is it that it's simply terrifying to look at in general?

Apparently the patch downloaded without me knowing. Cool I guess.

Cammy's new theme is so bad. It might actually be worse than her character theme. The intro has no rhythm to it, and the rest of it sounds like it's trying to be Cammy's SFIV theme (which is actually good, and is what I have over Cammy's main theme) combined with random CPS2 soundboard effects and failing really badly.

It's so weird to get misses like this when most of SFV's OST is amazing. It makes the failures pop out so much more, for the same reason the few good themes in SFIV seem excellent by relation.

That Chun Li costume is actually a real thing. Like, it's real chinese sleepwear. The problem is, for whatever reason, the "low bib" is drapped super low instead of under the breast area, and it's not wispy enough (Chun's version is tight).

Capcom should have corrected that bib (and maybe those crocs), but her outfit is a real thing either way.

MCD250

I feel the completely opposite. I really liked a lot of SF4 music and remixes of old themes.

Not bad, but I think her SF4 theme is better. It's actually one of my favorites of any version of any character theme.
I like Cammy and Guile's themes from IV. Decapre and Poison have great themes too.

I don't even understand what I'm looking at here.

Is she wearing a giant baby bib with a pocket, around her waste?
Chun has an adult baby fetish.

given akiman's mile long list of fetishes, I would not be surprised if this legitimately was the inspiration for this soapland wetnurse mess of an outfit

That Chun Li costume is actually a real thing. Like, it's real chinese sleepwear. The problem is, for whatever reason, the "low bib" is drapped super low instead of under the breast area, and it's not wispy enough (Chun's version is tight).

Capcom should have corrected that bib (and maybe those crocs), but her outfit is a real thing either way.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
『Inaba Resident』;250095681 said:

looks more like a tight open back crop top than even an attempt at a dudou (juri's top in her sf4 costume is a closer aproximation of a tight dudou). Combined with the utili-apron and the crocs it would be very corny to argue that this has anything to do with 'sleepwear' or 'chinese culture' tbh

Blueblur1

X-Kira is a little sensitive.

I left comments in a couple of his posts and he responded to one of my comments. I'll link it later since I'm at work. Anyway, after I asked for more evidence he said I should do my own datamining (lol!) and that the Cammy stage should be proof enough. This is in the Ken stage post.

So he's saying the stages he posted today are coming to the game. The Ken stage is an easy guess so I'll keep doubting this new batch of stages until we see the others.

(The Cammy stage was an easy ass guess, too. I guessed it back in July when talking about SFV with my friends who play.)

looks more like a tight open back crop top than even an attempt at a dudou (juri's top in her sf4 costume is a closer aproximation of a tight dudou). Combined with the utili-apron and the crocs it would be very corny to argue that this has anything to do with 'sleepwear' or 'chinese culture' tbh

Its labeled as "sleepwear" and Chun Li is Chinese. I think its more corny to say that it was inspired by a fetish tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Makes more sense to me that Capcom just did a poor job with it.

EDIT: I can see where the inspiration comes from in the pics TLD posted. Again, I just think they did a poor job translating it.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/weekly/2012-11/02/content_15867263.htm
f04da2db112211fd64e943.jpg

Ancient Chinese underwear is being resurrected as a fashion item
Western-style underwear is currently the norm among Chinese women nowadays. But the Chinese dudou, a traditional style of undergarment, is creeping back into vogue. Both women and children have rediscovered the dudou, which literally means belly cover.
"The dudou is hard to resist. Although it is underwear, today, when matched with an appropriate hair style, accessories and bottoms, it creates a simple, unique and sexy impression," says Chen Lihua, chief designer and dressmaker at Daxin Textile Co, a Beijing-based clothing brand.

MCD250

The thing with the Chun outfit is not the top itself (which does look like a dudou), it's the rest of the outfit that's confusing. The thing around her waist is especially weird. I can sort of see what it's meant to be now that I've seen a real life picture, but I feel like Capcom just didn't translate the design well into the game.

Keyboard warriors rejoice!

now I can be lazy and not plug in my fightstick when I just wanna get some quick FM off missions

Holy shit this is actually big news. Thanks for reporting that in the blog update Capcom.

Edit: Actually I remember opening the game up and then some popup about Direct-input devices coming up that I quickly dismissed because I thought it was the game acting weird with my phone. Now that I recall, those were keyboard buttons on the input prompt.

Top Bottom