• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

vg260

Well, I bought the Halloween bundle with the expectation that if they release an Arcade package it won't have those in it. I would expect maybe the S1/2 story and battle costumes at most.

Shadoken

Are you actually complaining that content isn't permanently locked away arbitrarily?

I fucking hate gamers.

I think he is complaining that Capcom jebaited people into buy costumes coz they were "1 time only" and then sell it again anyway.

A lot of people wouldn't have bought the costumes if they knew it would be available again.

myco666

....we're 5 days from October! The only "miss it and you miss out" stuff is the CPT, other stuff is only available seasonally.

It definitely wasn't mentioned last year that the seasonal stuff is coming back every year.

Are you actually complaining that content isn't permanently locked away arbitrarily?

I fucking hate gamers.

Yes. I bought all of those last year because I thought that would be the only time you could get them as implied by the blog post. If I had known that they were coming back later I wouldn't have bought all of them.

Neoxon

SFV now has customizable keyboard controls on PC.

qxu2yxyuw9oz.jpg

kikiribu

To be fair, it would have been pretty weird if they didn't bring back the costumes for Halloween. I assumed they'd be back, and limited time costumes is dumb.

MCD250

I'm sure they'll go away again after Halloween.

But I assume this means they'll probably bring back the Christmas costumes too along with some new ones. Hope Kolin gets one tbh.

LakeEarth

SFV now has customizable keyboard controls on PC.

qxu2yxyuw9oz.jpg

Any change to PS4 button config? The damn thing doesn't allow for one button to be LP+HP, which is tough (for me) to get consistently on a pad because I map my controls SNES style, where HP is the left bumper.

kikiribu

It is also pretty weird to advertise something as limited if it isn't.
I guess they could have just specified “available once a year on Halloween” but maybe it’s possible that they’re back due to popular demand and complaints about them being limited too, and Capcom wasn’t gonna miss out on the money.

Either way, they should stay or at least come back every Halloween. It’s what makes the most sense.

Well the packs wouldn't work for me anyway because I prefer stage themes, and you can only use the bgm packs if you have it set to character themes.

Yeah bison is actually legit as fuck.

I also really, really like how they updated cammy's alpha design, this is the best it's every looked imo, never really liked it before; even changing her hair from a single braid to pigtails is fantastic

Lovely arrangement. The medieval like strings also suits the medieval like stage setting perfectly too. SFV is killing it with the OST and will deffo go down as one of my faves in fighting games.

Yeah, this soundtrack is up there for me with the KoF '96 Arranged, ST, SFA2, and SFEX soundtracks. Some big misses (looking at you, Cammy and Juri character themes) but a lot of really good arrangements so far and some great new stuff, too, like F.A.N.G's theme. The highs definitely outweigh the lows.

I liked this Cammy arrangement well enough when I first heard it, even though it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it's quickly grown on me a lot. It fits the visual of the stage really well, too.

Top Bottom