• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kikiribu

streetfighterv_20170911sed.png

streetfighterv_2017099qspr.png

DunpealD

Anybody checked whether the Gill costume has different elemental effects like in SF3 or is it just the standard Urien electricity?

histopher

I like the new look Shadaloo Cammy but there should be a way to have the original look too.

The Gill costume has me nervous there will be just a Haggar costume for Zangief again as rumoured. :(

You'd think I'd have learned by now that just because i'm told my SF5 update is downloaded I ain't doing zilch until the next day because the servers.
They catch me every time, EVERY TIME!

kikiribu

Ugh seeing how good Gill looks is only making me depressed he probably won’t be in SFV. At least he’ll probably be a boss at some point? Sigh

JusDoIt

Ugh seeing how good Gill looks is only making me depressed he probably won’t be in SFV. At least he’ll probably be a boss at some point? Sigh

I don't know why people are certain he won't show up. Capcom wouldn't decide against including him just because of this costume. They'd just give him a different look.

Or they''ll just put the wings on his back and he'll be the first SF character with Marvel flight mechanics.

Ryce

I don't know why people are certain he won't show up. Capcom wouldn't decide against including him just because of this costume. They'd just give him a different look.
No way. It's not like the Urien costume is a subtle nod to Gill -- it's literally Gill. He's a half blue/half red guy with long blonde hair in SFV's story, and he's a half blue/half red guy with long blonde hair in SFIII. That's how he'd look as a playable character here, too.

JusDoIt

No way. It's not like the Urien costume is a subtle nod to Gill -- it's literally Gill. He's a half blue/half red guy with long blonde hair in SFV's story, and he's a half blue/half red guy with long blonde hair in SFIII. That's how he'd look as a playable character here, too.

Anything is possible. Birdie used to be buff, yo.

Gilgamech

I agree in the Gill and Urien have too much overlap to warrant his inclusion in the game. Gill should be left as a broken last boss god character. If a new story expansion ever happens they should just use this Gill.

bubumiao

RIP reading OPs
You must be referring to this,

"All premium costumes starting with the swimsuits have an alternate version that can be accessed by holding:
lp + mp + hp + lk + up, during loading, this can also be done during rounds."

That's cool, didn't know about this until today.

kikiribu

You must be referring to this,

"All premium costumes starting with the swimsuits have an alternate version that can be accessed by holding:
lp + mp + hp + lk + up, during loading, this can also be done during rounds."

That's cool, didn't know about this until today.
Yeah, but Urien is the only one that's different. Hold LP, MK, HP

MrCarter

- Bison costume is deliciously evil.
- Dhalsim costume also looks fantastic when he punches with those stringy bandages. Beautifully animated and he actually looks like an ARMS character.
- New Cammy theme is growing on me and I like the touch of the crows flying off when a round ends in the stage.
- Still need to see Menat’s spellbook in action.

Good shit Capcom. Keep it up.

Top Bottom