• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Are we hating on FANG now? cool. He sucks.
Season 1 mika is the only character I genuinely hated fighting in this game. And Fang, but Luce is the only being in existence still maining that contraption.

YOU PLAY NECALLI FFS, NECALLI BEATS FANG LIKE 8-2 AND THAT WAS THE CASE IN S1 TOO JESUS CHRIST.

Season 1 mika is the only character I genuinely hated fighting in this game. And Fang, but Luce is the only being in existence still maining that contraption.

S1 Mika was dark days indeed. She has since passed the torch to Balrog now though.

Any character who can touch you once and make you ask yourself why you are still holding the controller, isn't fun to fight.

mbpm1

Speaking of, I just battle lounged a "super gold" smurfing ass Kolin who was the most godlike player I've ever fought. Perfect range, perfect confirms, tons of situational knowledge. Only won 2 rounds in two FT3s. Now I have to stop for the night and I'm just buried in salt.
I like what I’m hearing, please continue :D

Are we hating on FANG now? cool. He sucks.

YOU PLAY NECALLI FFS, NECALLI BEATS FANG LIKE 8-2 AND THAT WAS THE CASE IN S1 TOO JESUS CHRIST.

I don't hate it cause its hard. I just hated dealing with hit and run, then wait out the clock because poison. Just lame.

S1 Mika was dark days indeed. She has since passed the torch to Balrog now though.

Any character who can touch you once and make you ask yourself why you are still holding the controller, isn't fun to fight.

Indeed. Irish whip for years. Nixing that and meterless invincibles were such smart changes.

People don't like Blanka? He's the best character though. I wish he was in SFV! I still play SF4 just for Blanka lol

I feel ya pal, he's classic, look at that design, that colour combo, those feral attacks.

All shunned because some dudes can't handle the salt of his various rolling antics or something.

All sweeps can?

Did you even read his post?
I don't hate it cause its hard. I just hated dealing with hit and run, then wait out the clock because poison. Just lame.
I'd agree with you if his poison did anything. And by the time the poison damage starts becoming a legitimate factor, the FANG has pretty much been winning the entire match in which case it stops being a character thing and just becomes a player thing. Also that's when you get a random jump in or a forward dash into throw into SFV.

Ryce

If X-Kira's right about those cosplay costumes, I'm thinking they'll belong to...
  • Kaijin no Soki - Ryu (Japanese heroes imbued with energy who also possess a dark power; Soki even has a Ryu costume in Dawn of Dreams)
  • Axl - Nash (dark heroes with scars)
  • Tron - Karin (rich girls with similar laughs)
  • Morrigan - Juri (seductresses)
  • Dante - Ed (cocky young men spawned from evil rulers)
  • Ingrid - Menat (mystics; Ingrid even has an Egyptian emblem, and she's associated with Rose in Alpha 3 MAX)

Village

Not fun to fight? Kinda like mika, laura, guile, balrog, necalli, and shit like a ryu dashing around like a maniac?

Put blanka in. The game is already full of annoying neutral shit. I'm numb to it now.

The only one of those characters I fundamentally don't like Laura, the only issue with rog and guile is that I feel like they need to be nerfed a bit in places, but I don't mind fighting them

Laura just isn't fun to fight, Like blanka

Season 3 theme: Schoolgirls

Sakura
Ingrid
Makoto
Hinata from rival schools
Blanka dressed as a schoolgirl

This would actually be preferred tbh.

I would prefer Kyosuke from RS but Sakura and Makoto have been two of my mains throughout the series next to Cody and Chun.

asn3s4p.png

vg260

Full on color editor would be the worst, but being able to mix and match the palettes we have now somehow would be dope.

Yeah, if they implement it, I hope it's the latter.

Complete free color customization would be awful.

If X-Kira's right about those cosplay costumes, I'm thinking they'll belong to...

Ingrid - Menat (mystics; Ingrid even has an Egyptian emblem, and she's associated with Rose in Alpha 3 MAX)

I don't see why anyone would complain about this if it means she'll never be a playable character. A character cosplaying as another is the best way to all but eliminate that character. There are plenty of dumb costumes already. Bring it on!

Yeah, if they implement it, I hope it's the latter.

Complete free color customization would be awful.

I don't see why anyone would complain about this if it means she'll never be a playable character. A character cosplaying as another is the best way to all but eliminate that character. There are plenty of dumb costumes already. Bring it on!

Dopeople hate Ingrid for her design or moveset though? Always seemed more the former to me
As an outsider anyway

vg260

Dopeople hate Ingrid for her design or moveset though? Always seemed more the former to me
As an outsider anyway

I think a little of everything about the character (I think there was a thread about why recently), but one of the existing characters wearing her outfit would be pretty inoffensive Although maybe it would have a face change too.

vg260

why?

Why is this bad? People get to make colors they want, people are happy

what is the downside

Purposefully jarring/inconsistent color schemes from the game's artistic design/vision, people trying to crate "nude" characters, etc.

Limiting to mixing and matching from existing color palettes would be a reasonable compromise. There would be plenty of color variety.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I like what I’m hearing, please continue :D

CFN was SWhiteblock. Win rates for online matches were in the 80%s. That's all I have.

I honestly don't know if this person was actually godlike or if I've just never fought a good Kolin before, but I know that I don't usually lose that bad. Definitely not to Super or Ultra Golds.

MCD250

I hate any charecter that can just randomly throw CC in neutral. Like Fang's sweep.

I am struggling to understand this. How is -12 move something you can just randomly throw? Or am I missing a joke here?

Because it can CC. Did you even read his post?

All sweeps can?

But FANG can just throw it out in neutral and it can CC.
giphy.gif

It's like everything needs to be some goddamn "create your own adventure" bs; creators are allowed to stick with their vision/direction.

People like adding their own creative twists on stuff, good or bad outcomes.

Personally I like seeing, or making, color schemes that refer to other characters in Capcom games or other series. Love those little call backs.

mbpm1

If they limit it to just non garish colors it should be fine
CFN was SWhiteblock. Win rates for online matches were in the 80%s. That's all I have.

I honestly don't know if this person was actually godlike or if I've just never fought a good Kolin before, but I know that I don't usually lose that bad. Definitely not to Super or Ultra Golds.
Maybe I’ll look for this dude

Top Bottom