• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

jett

D-Member

giphy.gif

When had he been wrong? Dude just datamines facts.

giphy.gif

kirblar

I suppose he could be right, but I have a hard time believing that 2018 content would already be present on the servers -- especially a detailed description of a Sheng Long battle.
If it is real, I wish he hasn't leaked it because it's so hilariously trolly and perfect for April Fools.

Syntsui

Is the SF community so low tech savvy that X Kira is literally the only person that can or at least is willing to datamine stuff from the game?

It only takes one more person to confirm or debunk everything.

Edzi

Is the SF community so low tech savvy that X Kira is literally the only person that can or at least is willing to datamine stuff from the game?

It only takes one more person to confirm or debunk everything.

Never forget how little the FGC understood the lag issue SFV had.

Saw this on R/SF. Char usage by League.

Funnily enough Master Rank list is fairly similar to Offline Tier list too ( Obviously popularity plays a role ). With some chars moving a few spots up or down.

mbatku29mnsz.jpg

Few Interesting points.

The downfall of popular characters like Ryu,Nash,Ken. As tiers matter more than popularity in higher levels.

Certain chars like Urien rise up a little at Diamond but then drop down. Probably because he is very strong once ppl get good with him and his setups , yet when the ACTUAL strong players in Master league fight him the gimmicky players start losing.

Diamond is like the new platinum , plenty of gimmick/flowchart players and many Solid players too.

LukeBruce is a liar , FANG is secret Mid tier. Nerf him back to low tier pls.
There are some interesting things happening here the higher up we go in rank. Fang craters at the beginning and rises up in the higher ranks while Ryu dominates, but starts declining around platinum. Then you've got others like Alex hanging on up to ultra platinum and falling afterwards. Someone needs to call time of death for Juri, though. Capcom broke both her legs coming into SFV lol.

Shadoken

Someone needs to call time of death for Juri, though. Capcom broke both her legs coming into SFV lol.

Personally I think her and Mika's popularity in previous polls overrated compared to their actual real world popularity.

I dont think Juri is gonna move up a lot even if her tier strength was improved. Even S1 Mika was only mid tier in terms of usage despite being a very retarded top tier char.
Despite what everyone says about Alex , there does seem to be a decent number of Alex players which seem to match his Tier placement and popularity placement.

MCD250

My S3 wishlist:

Cut Balrog's legs off
Cut Rashid's legs off
Cut Necalli's legs off
Cut Urien's legs off
*Don't* cut Laura's legs off. Just give them, like, a trim

That said, I expect it'll probably be Cammy and maybe Ibuki and Karin getting their legs cut off.

JusDoIt

My S3 wishlist:

Cut Balrog's legs off
Cut Rashid's legs off
Cut Necalli's legs off
Cut Urien's legs off
*Don't* cut Laura's legs off. Just give them, like, a trim

That said, I expect it'll probably be Cammy and maybe Ibuki and Karin getting their legs cut off.

Cammy's def getting buffs.

kirblar

Wow, that looks good.

Thought I had- w/ Old Zeku resembling Kill Bill-era David Carradine- is the '70s music theme for Zeku related to the era that the "Kung Fu" TV show aired in?

MCD250

Cammy's def getting buffs.
I dunno. I might have said the same if her trajectory on the scene this year was similar to last year, but I feel like she's been a little too prominent in top 8 placements and online for Capcom not to take notice. She's not like, S1 Chun levels of overexposed at the moment, but there really are a TON of people using and winning with her these days. I figure that's probably enough to make Capcom think about sharpening the knives.

I don't want it to happen tho because then I'd probably have to start playing Necalli and that'd be just awful.

JusDoIt

Wow, that looks good.

Thought I had- w/ Old Zeku resembling Kill Bill-era David Carradine- is the '70s music theme for Zeku related to the era that the "Kung Fu" TV show aired in?

Kung Fu was a Western series. The theme was orchestral, like most Westerns.

Zeku's theme alludes to music from that era (the early 70s), but more the kind of funk you would hear in exploitation flicks. I don't even think that is intentional, though. Zeku's theme is just some dope Japanese video game music, which has always been heavy with 70s jazz fusion influences.

I want Karin to hit me with that crop.

Not really those things hurt a ton. I have no idea how the fuck anybody gets turned on by that.

TheOGB

Banned
Karin's costume is almost the same but with pants and a hat
You could tell me Kolin is Elsa from Frozen and I'd accept that
Gladiator Gief is neat (I'm not calling him pro wrestler because he's already exactly that lol)

edit:
Hair that looks like actual hair looks so out of place in SFV.
yeah holy fuck that Emma Frost hair is too good

Gilgamech

Damn, those costumes are on point. I hope for the winter costume pack they drop the holiday theme and just give characters winter clothes.

Blueblur1

Considering the timing of the Japanese and @StreetFighter tweets I wonder if this announcement was held so it could be announced in English and Japanese simultaneous (i.e. alongside the Japanese Twitter account).

Also, anyone got that large list of costumes X-Kira posted a while back? It did say 1 Kolin costume right?

kirblar

Interesting. It seems this announcement was held to be announced alongside the Japanese Twitter.

Also, anyone got that large list of costumes X-Kira posted a while back? It did say 1 Kolin costume right?
Their non-character content announcements are really weird. There's not much reasoning behind them.

Top Bottom