• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

Is the server online yet? I already downloaded the update.
I want to do the challenges, but if you do them offline you don't get fight money.

KingBroly

Banned
So...I don't have access to any colors I've unlocked while offline...

way to go, Capcom...

EDIT - Same with Chun's pre-order costume

EDIT 2 - CHUN'S BOOBS HAVE BEEN FIXED

I-hate-u

No they're all trash, except for Rachids. Stage themes are superior. Need an option to play those in ranked.

More like need an option to play character themes during local versus mode. Tournament matches will be 2x more hype doing so.

kewlmyc

EDIT 2 - CHUN'S BOOBS HAVE BEEN FIXED

3f90532b_pour-one-out.jpeg

So what the heck is the deal with survival mode and fight money/colors?

Played through easy and unlocked 3rd color and some money
Started normal and made it to fight 22 but had to leave for a bit, put PS4 in sleep mode and came back and was reset back to main menu. Ugh
Started again and made it to 26 then something happened and I lost connection to server and was booted back to menu. Double ugh

Decided to force offline mode to plaY it and made it to round 30 and beat necalli. I got no fight money. Google and apparently you don't for offline play

WTF is this garbage. Locking this stuff behind online connection or continuous play?

Normal took me a solid 20-25 minutes and some colors are behind hard at 50 fights. I almost never have 45+ minutes of uninterrupted play how am I supposed to best hard or hell if I can't do one sitting? This is why PS4 rest mode exists

This game is frustrating.

Kelsdesu

It would have been a nice touch if you could do different themes like in VF, or at least let you play your own music like the original Xbox. I don't like the music at all in 5 and what they did to Jazzy NYC is criminal.

Haha that Alex theme is terrible. Especially in the beginning sounds like some guy barely learning guitar and messing up all over the place. It gets ok in the last 30 sec or so

Jazzem

So the tutorials are just videos? You don't actually practice the elements they are trying to teach you? If Capcom is hurting this bad budget wise maybe they just shouldn't have made the game at all.

Afraid not :( You just progress through 'dialogue' boxes at the top of the screen, while some AI does the described moves against a dummy opponent. There are some useful tips in there though, I learned a few things from the character ones.

No they're all trash, except for Rachids. Stage themes are superior. Need an option to play those in ranked.

You just said yourself that all of the themes are terrible. It's like being wrong about everything in fighting games isn't enough for you any more, now you're racing to discredit yourself.

cordy

Banned
Here's 1 good thing about Jazzy NYC '16...

Be glad Alex wasn't in SFIV and had his theme remixed because it would have been 10x worse. SFV's tons better with character themes.

saher

Banned
Knew Jazzy New York would have it's smooth ass saxophone removed

What does Capcom have against saxophones these days?
I like the idea of replacing the saxophone with guitar but it wasnt done right at all,the first few seconds are so terrible hahaha

The keyboard part at the end is nice though

ElFly

Ugh my download stalled; it had downloaded 1/3 in 30 minutes and now it has five hours left.

Ok. So it's not just me. Yeah, they need to fix this stupidity. So if the servers ever go down, what? We're fucked?

I don't know if it is just you; just mentioning cause I saw someone post about it

Zapages

My guess we are only get season 1 with 8 characters... I guess season 2 will be more stages and less characters. I am just judging by the space that we have... Unless they go the route like MKX...

tribal24

Banned
My guess we are only get season 1 with 8 characters... I guess season 2 will be more stages and less characters. I am just judging by the space that we have... Unless they go the route like MKX...

They will redo the character select screen i think for every year.

Kouichi

Alex looks awesome. His voice is interesting, but I need to hear more.

And now I'm just staying on the menu hearing his theme on repeat. So good.

Top Bottom