• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

T.O.P

Banned
WHERE IS HOT RYU?

SxwZHoG.gif

This, i'm fuckin pissed

redhood56

Banned
It's pretty awesome that Alex has a free trial, I have no idea if I want to play him and I don't want to sink all of my fight money on him.

"Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character."

LOOOOOL piss off Crapcom, free fuggin costumes for the travesty that this game is, kiss my ass.

El Sabroso

lol I knew it would be almost last or last day, they avoided KI S3 update day too, that's good, great week to fighting games

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It only took them a month to actually announce their "March update" release date.

God.

"Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character."

LOOOOOL piss off Crapcom, free fuggin costumes for the travesty that this game is, kiss my ass.

LMAO. They're just giving two story outfits out? Those should be fucking free unlocks. Their DLC outfits should be the store outfits. Fucking Capcom failing at microtransactions, AGAIN.

BlizzKrut

Banned

You can always not play it if you don't like it.

Pejo

Gold Member
I wish they'd let you pick the characters you get the free costumes for, but otherwise it's a nice gesture. Also I love the "try before you buy" thing they're doing with Alex. Too bad it's not standard with all DLC characters, like a free week or something.

I'm excited for character tutorials and challenges too. Sounds like a good first patch.

『Inaba Resident』;199109316 said:
Almost every returning character has got a new version of their old theme or at least part of it in some way. They've already made so many versions of Jazzy NYC before so I'm sure we'll see a new version here

Hope you're right and history agrees with you. Still hesitant to assume anything from Capcom right now until it's confirmed.

Alucrid

Banned

Do you even own the game?

OSHAN

Not to be too salty about this but why did I buy the season pass again? I could be playing Alex, and others, for free, until they get "Zenny" in order.

FSLink

Banned
LMAO. They're just giving two story outfits out? Those should be fucking free unlocks. Their DLC outfits should be the store outfits. Fucking Capcom failing at microtransactions, AGAIN.

I mean they're basically free with fight money. They're just making those two cost 0 fight money as a thanks/lol apology.

BiggNife

I wonder what's the status of a perm fix for RQers tho

They're probably still working on it. If the past six weeks have taught me anything it's that if Capcom hasn't publicly announced something then it's probably not implemented yet.

Hubb

Are they really limiting new stages to the season pass? Or making people who don't have the season pass buy them as DLC? Why Capcom why?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't you already do that in training mode?

Training mode != Actual mode. BZZZZZZZZZZZZT. Please try again.

I mean they're basically free with fight money. They're just making those two cost 0 fight money as a thanks/lol apology.

You misunderstand. Those SHOULDN'T FUCKING BE "FIGHT MONEY" UNLOCKS IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE Two minutes work smashing X and then LP to two fights and you have to spend 40,000 FM to unlock the outfits? Fuck outta here, Capcom.

Are they really limiting new stages to the season pass? Or making people who don't have the season pass buy them as DLC? Why Capcom why?

They just said that Season pass owners will be getting a free stage.
"Additionally, we will be giving all Season Pass users a free, brand new stage in the near future!"

Doesn't say that all stages in the store will be tied to the season pass. Though it most likely will be zenny-exclusive.

BiggNife

Not to be too salty about this but why did I buy the season pass again? I could be playing Alex, and others, for free, until they get "Zenny" in order.

Once the Zenny fix is in you get to keep everyone whereas everyone else will need to buy them again. That's what you're paying for. And they also said season pass users are getting exclusive costumes and a new stage.

It was either this or delay Alex a few months and that would have just pissed off everyone.

ethomaz

Banned
Premium costumes.

To be fair I have FM to all first year chars... I will just get the season pass due the premium costumes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They were prolly going to delay and had to compromise by delaying the Zenny store.

Good call.
Yup.

I think the incentives for the Season Passers are pretty good too.
I GIVE MY THUMBS UP TO CAPCOM

Seik

Banned
They really stretched it to the very END of the month. :p

Anyways, can't wait, I'll take a Pokkén break to try Alex out for sure.

Hubb

They just said that Season pass owners will be getting a free stage.
"Additionally, we will be giving all Season Pass users a free, brand new stage in the near future!"

Doesn't say that all stages in the store will be tied to the season pass. Though it most likely will be zenny-exclusive.

You are right, it doesn't say all stages are tied to the season pass I shouldn't have jumped the gun. It is worrying, but I guess they need to put in FM sinks, and this will be one of those sinks.

FSLink

Banned
You misunderstand. Those SHOULDN'T FUCKING BE "FIGHT MONEY" UNLOCKS IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE Two minutes work smashing X and then LP to two fights and you have to spend 40,000 FM to unlock the outfits? Fuck outta here, Capcom.

I don't disagree, geez. Maybe you should have made your original post more clear in the first place. Plus I don't think just 2 story mode costume unlocks is a good bonus at all, lol.

I guess they were trying to make the most of this patch by fixing issues that were constantly coming up throughout February and March.

Can't wait to try out Alex

Top Bottom