• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

Daft Punk

Banned
"Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character."

LOOOOOL piss off Crapcom, free fuggin costumes for the travesty that this game is, kiss my ass.

Tell us how you really feel.

Groof

Edit: This line is interesting. Do they expect the Zenny implementation to take a while?

probably just a precaution in case it actually does take a long while to implement.

i like these news though, but it woulda been nice if it came out tomorrow right before the long Easter break

jett

D-Member
DLC stages are bullshit. Have it be daytime Kanzuki Mansion, anyway.

This also will apply to any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching. Once the Zenny shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters that released prior to the Zenny shop opening will end, and players will need to either use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access those characters.

lol holy shit it could be months before people can actually use real money in the store? Months before their SFV-as-a-service strategy actually falls into place?

This is hilarious. Good for us, but still kind of embarrassing. They really shouldn't have launched the game when they did.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lol holy shit it could be months before people can actually use real money in the store? Months before their SFV-as-a-service strategy actually falls into place?

This is hilarious. Good for us, but still kind of embarrassing. They really shouldn't have launched the game when they did.
Yup and given the low sales and great gameplay is really a shame :(

Also: Props to outsourcing all development!

"Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character."

LOOOOOL piss off Crapcom, free fuggin costumes for the travesty that this game is, kiss my ass.

sit down

FSLink

Banned

I do think part of it is due to the connection issues too. Could you imagine the bigger shit show launch would have been if everything was broken but the in-game store worked fine? Or if the in-game store had issues keeping track of your purchases, lol

Alchemist

Yeah I read that. I don't know, just feel like a sucker. Again. Goddamn games.

I bought it too. Just think, next season you probably won't have to buy it again. Hoard the FM and buy colours, more costumes and stages that come down the line.

Piccoro

Not to be too salty about this but why did I buy the season pass again? I could be playing Alex, and others, for free, until they get "Zenny" in order.

Yea, non season pass users get Alex temporarily. You'll have him forever. You can instead spend your FM on new outfits.

Why did people buy seasons passes for a game in which the base package wasn't even complete?

Because you can't speak for what other people determine as "complete".

I've gotten a lot of value out of the "base package" already. Game is extremely enjoyable and has worked very well for me.

I welcome more additions and want to support a game I enjoy. It's not rocket science.

Skilletor

I hope their "brand new stage" isn't one of the variations that are already in story mode.

If so, cool that we will in fact be getting stages.

Better question: Why do people buy season passes?

Because I love the game.
Because I want to support the game.
Because I want the gameplay the season pass will offer.
Because it's my fucking money and I'll do whatever I damn well please with it.
Because I value my time.
Because I want characters immediately without grinding (see previous reason).

Every time they introduce a character they should always make them available to everyone for a weekend before going back to FM/Zenny purchase only.

At least Alex will be able to be trialed.

Seiniyta

Why did people buy seasons passes for a game in which the base package wasn't even complete?

because they outlined exactly what the dlc would have (characters and their skins) and it was going to be incredibly likely I would purchase them anyway? With the season pass overall costing less then everything seperately I don't mind.

I also don't mind the free trial stuff wtih Alex. I feel every new fighting game character should have some kind of trial anyway before you purchase it.

FSLink

Banned
Oh yeah?

So you can set it to have best of 3 with intro videos, outro videos and score/stat screen at end? You know just like playing a real match, like you could in SF4

Most players skip these things. But yeah it's weird they haven't said anything about a VS CPU mode since the AI is already in the game and it's basically just adding an option to VS mode.

Street Fighter
@StreetFighter
Additionally, we will be giving all Season Pass users a free, brand new stage in the near future!
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/713039754590162945

They just posted that too.

Was in the original blog post.

Vex_

Banned
uhhhhhh gais...?

How do you offer a stage to payers only? Wtf?

Does this mean they are saying people with the stage cannot play with people without it?

Scotia

Banned
Leaving Alex till the last possible second but hey, at least we finally have a date.

Free stage to SP holders is great. Glad I got it even more now.

uhhhhhh gais...?

Does this mean they are saying people with the stage cannot play with people without it?

Probably means you can't select it yourself...but, if you run into someone online who has it, then you can see it.

That's how it was in the beta.

ethomaz

Banned
Oh yeah?

So you can set it to have best of 3 with intro videos, outro videos and score/stat screen at end? You know just like playing a real match, like you could in SF4
So you want intro to skip it instead to play against the CPU.

Fair.

But SFV is not for you I guess.

jett

D-Member
uhhhhhh gais...?

The stages all have the same dimensions (except one), so it doesn't matter. On PC people have modded it so that they can use the story mode stages.

Seiniyta

uhhhhhh gais...?

In most games when going online you still can get on those stages when somebody else purchased it and you fight on it. Only if you want to select it yourself (in a friendly or lobby match etc) you'll have to have it purchased to play on it.

impact

Banned
Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character.
lmao this company is such shit

Tizoc

DLC stages are bullshit. Have it be daytime Kanzuki Mansion, anyway.

If uc4 can be delayed same shouldve happened to this game
But u know what? Capcpom may have pulled an aliens cm with sf5; the rest of the moolah went into their other projects

Vex_

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;199110830 said:
Because its cosmetic?

Probably means you can't select it yourself...but, if you run into someone online who has it, then you can see it.

That's how it was in the beta.

The stages all have the same dimensions (except one), so it doesn't matter. On PC people have modded it so that they can use the story mode stages.

In most games when going online you still can get on those stages when somebody else purchased it and you fight on it. Only if you want to select it yourself (in a friendly or lobby match etc) you'll have to have it purchased to play on it.

OH OK. So youre saying I dont have to buy it, but I can still play on it? I just dont want this to break up the community.

I hope you guys are right.

Top Bottom