• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

Tripon

I hope their "brand new stage" isn't one of the variations that are already in story mode.

If so, cool that we will in fact be getting stages.

Don't worry, I talked to Combofiend. We're getting training stage. Not the Grid, training stage. Kappa.

Elios83

Yay, pretty excited about tutorial mode, 8 people lounges and demonstrations.
Also good news that they're planning more stages besides the already announced new characters.
Now they need to add versus CPU mode, arcade mode and the full story mode in June and the game is pretty much perfect.

rmanthorp

This is SUCH a clusterfuck... They can't even release DLC right. What is going ON?

Can't get the microtransations ready on time so fuck it offer everything for free... Wait people already paid? Fuck it give them access to one part that other people will get locked off from... Fucking hell.

Skilletor

This is SUCH a clusterfuck... They can't even release DLC right. What is going ON?

Can't get the microtransations ready on time so fuck it offer everything for free... Wait people already paid? Fuck it give them access to one part that other people will get locked off from... Fucking hell.

You're complaining that people get to try out a character for free before buying. You're complaining that people that paid for access forever for those characters now get an added bonus of a stage.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
As I said in the other thread:

No mention of improvements to matchmaking, the rollback distribution issues or rage quitting.

Worthless patch is worthless.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm going to need you to explain to me how training mode isn't an actual mode.

X = Vs CPU

Training mode != X.

Just because you can "set the CPU to very difficult" in a training mode does not make that "Vs CPU".

Where is the negativity in this thread coming from? Holy shit.. The update that was suppose to come in March is indeed coming out in March. Everyone is getting Alex for free until Zenny is implemented. We get two free costumes and season pass holders are getting a new stage, Like.. what the hell were you guys expecting?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, 40k FM for costumes I already unlocked.

Aight then. =x

No matchmaking improvements, RQ stuff or...ah fuck it. Alex yay!

Kureransu

lmao this company is such shit

I don't get this logic. Sure it's a small gesture, but at the same time, they do recognize they messed up and are acknowledging it. They could have gave us nothing and carried on with business as usual.

I can understand wanting a little bit more for the "inconvenience" that was matchmaking/ server/ rage quits, but calling them "shit" for not giving what you feel is adequate enough is a bit much.

Skilletor

No mention of improvements to matchmaking, the rollback distribution issues or rage quitting.

Trials are pretty awesome.
The tutorial looks great.
Alex is husbando, so can't wait to use him.
I'll appreciate being able to play with 2 or 3 friends in a lobby.
It's getting rid of OS stuff.
I'll be able to buy story outfits I want.

Patch certainly not worthless to me.

Dartastic

Except it's not a useless patch at all? Matchmaking has been improved since launch during server downtime, and the patch is providing people with a significant amount of content that should have launched with the game such as tutorials and 8 player lobbies.

khaaan

Did Ryu's story costume differ from his actual costume? I thought it was his regular white gi.

I'm excited for the tutorials to finally be in though, they were the thing I wanted the most.

Where is the negativity in this thread coming from? Holy shit.. The update that was suppose to come in March is indeed coming out in March. Everyone is getting Alex for free until Zenny is implemented. We get two free costumes and season pass holders are getting a new stage, Like.. what the hell were you guys expecting?

Lol, are you new to NeoGAF?

SF5 is the recent go to game for raging. Many of these people probably don't even play SF. You'll see random names drive-by post, and then you never see them again. That's how the typical SF5 thread goes.

Kureransu

Did Ryu's story costume differ from his actual costume? I thought it was his regular white gi.

I'm excited for the tutorials to finally be in though, they were the thing I wanted the most.

I believe it's the Untattered Gi along with the brown SF Alpha/Zero hair

EDIT:

It's still tattered, but i think they are referring to tutorial mode. Or ken's flashback fight with him in his story.

BiggNife

Really feels like some people are just looking for excuses to be angry.

It was either release Alex for free temporarily or delay him until the paid shop is open. The former is a way better solution than the latter.

Season pass owners are not getting shafted. They're the only people who will permanently have the characters once the Zenny shop is implemented, and they're getting exclusive costumes and at least one stage.

They've already said they're working on rage quitters and the fix isn't ready yet. Which sucks, but at least they're upfront about it. They've been doing semi-frequent maintenance to fix netcode and matchmaking issues.

As someone who was SUPER pissed at Capcom at launch, I'm pretty okay with the way they're handling this. Or maybe my expectations were just way too low because I was half expecting the patch to be moved to April.

Really feels like some people are just looking for excuses to be angry.

It was either release Alex for free temporarily or delay him until the paid shop is open. The former is a way better solution than the latter.

Season pass owners are not getting shafted. They're the only people who will permanently have the characters once the Zenny shop is implemented, and they're getting exclusive costumes and at least one stage.

They've already said they're working on rage quitters and since it's not mentioned in the patch notes the fix probably isn't ready yet. They've been doing semi-frequent maintenance to fix netcode and matchmaking issues.

As someone who was SUPER pissed at Capcom at launch, I'm pretty okay with the way they're handling this. Or maybe my expectations were just way too low because I was half expecting the patch to be moved to April.

Regarding their rage quit solution - they actually say in the blog update that the long-term solution is being worked on & they'll let us know when its going in. This is the same thing they've told us since the beginning. Nothing has changed.

Mass One

Super excited. I spent this month watching some of SF3 Alex vids. But to be honest I really hope the tutorial is good as I imagined. That's the reason I want back in.

I-hate-u

And still no Alex trailer, c'mon Capcom.

Cool news albiet a bit disappointing how they don't have their all their systems in place yet. Also, I don't understand keeping character access once the free trial period ends for season pass owners. Doesn't the season pass unlock the chars automatically anyway lol?

More importantly, give us character themes in local versus please. PLEASE CAPCOM, I AM TIRED OF STAGE MUSIC.

J 0 E

MtZ9N.gif

DR2K

Banned
uhhhhhh gais...?

How do you offer a stage to payers only? Wtf?

Does this mean they are saying people with the stage cannot play with people without it?

It means players that buy it get access to it. As long as one player has it both players should be able to fight in it if the beta is anything to go by

BiggNife

Regarding their rage quit solution - they actually say in the blog update that the long-term solution is being worked on & they'll let us know when its going in. This is the same thing they've told us since the beginning. Nothing has changed.

Didn't see that. Edited my post for accuracy.

Still doesn't negate most of the other stuff I posted.

Deadstar

And still no Alex trailer, c'mon Capcom.

Cool news albiet a bit disappointing how they don't have their all their systems in place yet. Also, I don't understand keeping character access once the free trial period ends for season pass owners. Doesn't the season pass unlock the chars automatically anyway lol?

More importantly, give us character themes in local versus please. PLEASE CAPCOM, I AM TIRED OF STAGE MUSIC.

That would be fantastic.

What are premium costumes that we can buy? Are these the costumes that were exclusive to retailers?

Jinaar

The problem currently is, for us noobs, I get matched up with people with countless hours and rank playing this game and I get either super wrecked or I can't seem to eek out a win because of who knows what. And the pairings are always off. Why am I in shitty bronze dumb league and getting paired with Silvers?

Obviously there isn't enough people playing all the time to get matched properly and the people that are playing are the hardcore.

For me, the biggest win here is the rematching. Because getting paired against a Silver player that is playing a character I am not use to would go a long way to get better against that character during rematches.

But I will say this, if Killer Instinct PC runs out of the game perfectly on PC next week, SFV ain't going to stand a chance for my play time. Especially if the netcode is as good as it was on the XBONE.

SFV netcode is so bad. I hate it so much.

Spectating in the battle lounge will also be cross-platform right? I have friends on both PC and PS4. Would love for everyone being able to play together.

Glix

My issue is this. If you werent addressing any of those issues ("unforseen issues"), and the patch only has what was planned, they come off looking so bad that they had to work till basically the last day of the month to get ot ready, and that they couldnt implement it as said.

The look is that they are waaaay behind and everything is rushed. Its a bad look.

I had no issues with the game launching "incomplete", because it seemed they were organized and had a strong schedule and plan. I am heabily doubting that now

Skilletor

This is the biggest issue with this "Patch", if it can even be called that...

Yeah, it's a patch. A significant one. They're adding plenty of content, a brand new character and tweaking gameplay. Just because it doesn't fix specific things want addressed doesn't somehow change the definition of what a patch is.

Mupod

wait a sec, not seeing anything about daily challenges. Were those not supposed to be day and date with the shop?

Most of the people raging haven't even played the game or are "fans" who were never going to buy it in the first place because of reasons.

check out the OT, a lot more positive and still going strong even though it is in the community side now. It is almost a whole OT ahead of the division which is staggering considering the massive playerbase difference. Great community here on gaf but the haters just wait for these threads to pop up about sfv on gaf

BiggNife

The problem currently is, for us noobs, I get matched up with people with countless hours and rank playing this game and I get either super wrecked or I can't seem to eek out a win because of who knows what. And the pairings are always off. Why am I in shitty bronze dumb league and getting paired with Silvers?

Obviously there isn't enough people playing all the time to get matched properly and the people that are playing are the hardcore.

For me, the biggest win here is the rematching. Because getting paired against a Silver player that is playing a character I am not use to would go a long way to get better against that character during rematches.

But I will say this, if Killer Instinct PC runs out of the game perfectly on PC next week, SFV ain't going to stand a chance for my play time. Especially if the netcode is as good as it was on the XBONE.

SFV netcode is so bad. I hate it so much.

There's plenty of people in Bronze/Super Bronze, I play against them in ranked all the time. The issue isn't a lack of players, it's that matchmaking based on skill is something that's often finnicky (not just in this game, SF4 and Pokken have it too). They're continuing to work on matchmaking so imagine it'll get fixed over time.

Dinjoralo

Everyone getting Alex for free is nice, but I'm confused about what's going on at Capcom to make them have to put out Alex two days after the patch. They must be working on a really strict time budget.

Dremark

Banned
uhhhhhh gais...?

How do you offer a stage to payers only? Wtf?

Does this mean they are saying people with the stage cannot play with people without it?

If the other player selects the stage and the other one doesn't own it, they instantly lose the match.

Top Bottom