• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

Ferrio

Banned
This is gpnna be a thing in every sfv thread Isn't? We already knew what this patch was for.

Anyway what does alex usually play like sf fans?

He's going to be completely different from the looks of it, which kinda is a good thing because he was ass in SF3. He's was a hybrid grappler with charge moves, which at the time was a pretty unique thing especially for Capcom. Not so unique in SFV.

BiggNife

Spectating in the battle lounge will also be cross-platform right? I have friends on both PC and PS4. Would love for everyone being able to play together.

Yes. Everything is cross-platform because of the CFN account system.

wait a sec, not seeing anything about daily challenges. Were those not supposed to be day and date with the shop?

They haven't mentioned daily challenges since February, and they've dropped any mention of it in the recent patch updates. My guess is that it'll be coming whenever the Zenny store is ready.

He's going to be completely different from the looks of it, which kinda is a good thing because he was ass in SF3. He's a hybrid grappler with charge moves, which at the time was a pretty unique thing especially for Capcom. Not so unique in SFV.
Hmmm I'll give it a shot i like his look.

So you want intro to skip it instead to play against the CPU.

Fair.

But SFV is not for you I guess.

Based on sales it's not for that many I guess!

But no, I don't want to use training mode, I want it to mimic that of a real match with best of 3 rounds, intros is just icing on the cake.

I've tried training mode and it just resets after each life round and there is no winner or loser, etc

Again every single sf before has had this, not sure why this one doesn't

Nephtes

Yeah, it's a patch. A significant one. They're adding plenty of content, a brand new character and tweaking gameplay. Just because it doesn't fix things that want doesn't somehow change the definition of what a patch is.

They're just not fixing the one thing that caused me to quit the game weeks ago.

Rage quitting.

I'm not stepping into their broken arena again until they do. No amount of free trial characters, minor bug fixes, tutorials, or free story costumes for characters I don't use will bring me back.

Fix rage quitting or go home Capcom.

Edit: also, the "if it can even be called that" part of my original quote was clearly intended for hyperbole sake.

Skilletor

They're just not fixing the one thing that caused me to quit the game weeks ago.

Rage quitting.

I'm not stepping into their broken arena again until they do. No amount of free trial characters, minor bug fixes, tutorials, or free story costumes for characters I don't use will bring me back.

More power to you.

KingBroly

Banned
Yes. Everything is cross-platform because of the CFN account system.

The ids are not though.

They haven't mentioned daily challenges since February, and they've dropped any mention of it in the recent patch updates. My guess is that it'll be coming whenever the Zenny store is ready.

Which sucks

Son Of D

how does it work in smash bros?

There's a mandatory update whenever a new stage or character releases. The update includes all the data except the unlock key so if you fight someone using a DLC character or fight someone on a DLC stage you'll be able to play them without issue. But you can't choose them yourself unless you buy them.

Not sure how DLC stages work in lobbies.

Spectating in the battle lounge will also be cross-platform right? I have friends on both PC and PS4. Would love for everyone being able to play together.

I don't see why not.

I mean, you can already do cross-platform lobbies and play each-other...so cross-platform spectating shouldn't be an issue.

Jinaar

There's plenty of people in Bronze/Super Bronze, I play against them in ranked all the time. The issue isn't a lack of players, it's that matchmaking based on skill is something that's often finnicky (not just in this game, SF4 and Pokken have it too). They're continuing to work on matchmaking so imagine it'll get fixed over time.

My experience in Canada is that I can wait for some time for games. That's my current experience. Bad for me.

ElFly

Everyone getting Alex for free is nice, but I'm confused about what's going on at Capcom to make them have to put out Alex two days after the patch. They must be working on a really strict time budget.

Maybe this gives them one day to retract the first patch before releasing the second one?

Theoretically, they could still release the store/alex and rollback the first patch if anything goes wrong, since it seems the first patch is orthogonal to the store/alex.

They may not want to add even more ways to make FM if the Zenny store isn't up so early.

Then again, the monday patch will include trials mode, which is another source of FM, but I guess the daily challenges are even farther away.

They could want to wait until the Zenny store to see if the balance of people buying with real money vs people buying with bison dollars is worth upsetting.

Hex

Banned
God damn still a bunch of sour assed fucks running around.
March update is coming in March. That was all that was said.
YOU put dates on it, you set expectations.
And then people bitching about this not being enough?
It is the first patch, most of the things still being whined about were not expected or promised in it anyway.

Rage quitting.

Edit: also, the "if it can even be called that" part of my original quote was clearly intended for hyperbole sake.

Bye

Xeteh

I'm bummed the zenny shop is delayed, I want that damn Cammy Battle costume so bad. I am, however, stoked they're not actually missing the March date for most of that stuff. Really looking forward to the trials.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

But no, I don't want to use training mode, I want it to mimic that of a real match with best of 3 rounds, intros is just icing on the cake.

I've tried training mode and it just resets after each life round and there is no winner or loser, etc

^^^^^^^^^^^^ All of ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ toward everyone going "LOL Y DON'T U USE TRAINING MODE THO!?" for Versus CPU complaints.

Add in that if I choose "random" in versus CPU I can actually get RANDOM CHARACTERS TO FIGHT. You can't do that in training mode without extensive menu work.

Versus CPU is faster for those that want to fight the CPU and ONLY fight the CPU versus training mode.

Hustler

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't the March update initially supposed to include daily challenges to earn more FM?

Those should be fucking free unlocks. Their DLC outfits should be the store outfits. Fucking Capcom failing at microtransactions, AGAIN.

unlocks, meaning like, things that are unlocked by playing the game...
Like how you get fight money...

you do know that's how it works, right?

oti

Banned
Can't wait. >.<

Maybe I should start playing more modes other than ranked. I've played this game for 60h and only have 70k FM. ;.;

ethomaz

Banned

Sales hunmm... my estimates right now is between 700-900k.

Pretty good.

Cool they just barely made it. Too bad the shop isn't till a couple days after. I'm ready to see characters in something other than the defaults.

Hopefully the 8 player lobbies work without issue.

TheSeks

unlocks, meaning like, things that are unlocked by playing the game...
Like how you get fight money...

you do know that's how it works, right?

2 minutes work for something that costs MORE than that two minutes work != same thing. But please try to defend Capcom harder for something that should be free for that quick unlock work.

Rage quitting.

RQ have toned down a lot man especially once you get out of lower levels. Why are you so worried about ranked mode anyway? Capcom is punishing the heavy offenders, and I think best of 3 will give the legit players a reason to play ranked more as well.

At this point you might as well just invite the person to a battle lounge.
Which currently involves jumping though a whole bunch of hoops. At which point the other player has probably been put into a match with someone else. By all means give the user the option to start a lounge right after the match.

TheSeks

Exactly, right? What's the diff? You are still progressing in the game to unlock an outfit. Using fm doesnt change that

If you got 40,000FM for doing the two story mode fights and putting in that two minutes work? I wouldn't complain. 1:1 unlock for that work.

Instead you get something like... 20,000 or whatever which is half the price of the unlock for such a quick "unlock" and then they have the gall to tell you "LOL YOU UNLOCKED THIS* PLEASE GO TO THE SHOP TO ACTUALLY UNLOCK IT!"

"*You didn't actually unlock it! PSYCHE! SPEND MONEY!"

Exactly, right? What's the diff? You are still progressing in the game to unlock an outfit. Using fm doesnt change that

It does when fight money is used for unlocking things that otherwise need to be unlocked with real money. Fight money has real world dollar value, on top of the very large time investment in order to obtain it. It is not equivalent to old school in game costume unlocks.

If you got 40,000FM for doing the two story mode fights and putting in that two minutes work? I wouldn't complain. 1:1 unlock for that work.

Instead you get something like... 20,000 or whatever which is half the price of the unlock for such a quick "unlock" and then they have the gall to tell you "LOL YOU UNLOCKED THIS* PLEASE GO TO THE SHOP TO ACTUALLY UNLOCK IT!"

What..what are you arguing about right now? You play the game,u get in game money, u buy outfits...what's the problem

KingBroly

Banned

Its 10k per run. So 4 times the amount

Skilletor

Oh hey, it says "Alex and Story related content," so will Alex have his own story mode?

I wasn't expecting any of the dlc characters to have a story mode.

joe2187

Banned
Where is the negativity in this thread coming from? Holy shit.. The update that was suppose to come in March is indeed coming out in March. Everyone is getting Alex for free until Zenny is implemented. We get two free costumes and season pass holders are getting a new stage, Like.. what the hell were you guys expecting?

Tgf2Rxh.gif

Which currently involves jumping though a whole bunch of hoops. At which point the other player has probably been put into a match with someone else. By all means give the user the option to start a lounge right after the match.

If you really wanna run multiple sets, just go to battle lounge in the first place and play people there as many times as you want. The point of casual is to still get FM/experience playing people without worrying about LP (or RQers atm). It's not meant to run multiple sets with people.

Scotia

Banned
I'm ecstatic that Alex is getting a character story. I honestly wasn't sure if he was going to get one. I'm glad we have confirmation on that.

God damn still a bunch of sour assed fucks running around.
March update is coming in March. That was all that was said.
YOU put dates on it, you set expectations.
And then people bitching about this not being enough?
It is the first patch, most of the things still being whined about were not expected or promised in it anyway.

Bye
i get your frustration, especially because a bunch of posts are ppl not even getting the game or even trying to learn fighters in general. But this is all still Capcoms fault big picture. They just should have put more stuff in or went digital only early access.

Top Bottom