• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

Skilletor

I am weirded out by how solid Alex's VA is

I was expecting it to be terrible

I'm weirded out that the art actually looks decent.

Edit: Actually, skipping through the vid, it looks like the same piece of art with different dialogue and background. LOL

Not weirded out anymore.

I assure you that you are incorrect. The amount of crying around here and steam hit all time highs on the internet.

If all you wanted was VS CPU, than survival would of been enough since all it is VS CPU. We all know survival wasn't enough. Let's be real here.

See, if I ask for a ham sandwich, and I'm given a turkey sandwich, sure they're similar, but they're not the same thing. For all the people who think single player content is for whiny casuals, it's kind of confusing that they can't see the difference between one round matches mostly revolving around health management, and multiple round matches where health management isn't quite a crucial because it gets refilled the next round.

qcf x2

As someone who has never played a fighting game, but is intriguied after watching streams, is this worth picking up now and playing? Or wait until its cheaper?

I feel like I should maybe pay £10 for the old version and train/practice for a while, otherwise Im just gonna get gimped in SFV and probably stop playing after 1 day.

It depends on what you're looking for. The game has some ridiculous issues that are emblematic of a company in disarray, so if you're on the fence at all, hold your $60 until/IF Capcom gets their shit together. Even today I can't in good faith recommend the game to anybody who is not a hardcore FG player.

cwistofu

Someone please explain Alex's parry to me. Is it only in Vtrig? Successful parry refills meter while in Vtrig as well? How is it done?

First you activate V-Trigger, then Hold HP+HK when holding it absorbs 1 hit, then you can release HP+HK to go neutral or Hold it to make the sledge hammer.

You you need to hold HP+HK again and release for each hit.

Thanks. That's interesting. So you hold for the parry just like Ryu's, but if you hold longer after any single parry, you get the sledge hammer?

Shinichi

Someone please explain Alex's parry to me. Is it only in Vtrig? Successful parry refills meter while in Vtrig as well? How is it done?

First you activate V-Trigger, then Hold HP+HK when holding it absorbs 1 hit, then you can release HP+HK to go neutral or Hold it to make the sledge hammer.

You you need to hold HP+HK again and release for each hit.

Lothars

It depends on what you're looking for. The game has some ridiculous issues that are emblematic of a company in disarray, so if you're on the fence at all, hold your $60 until/IF Capcom gets their shit together. Even today I can't in good faith recommend the game to anybody who is not a hardcore FG player.
I don't agree I would recommend it to anyone that likes good fighting games. If they can get it for cheaper than 60 it's worth it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CevPrzbWAAAc3YF.jpg

Tu101uk

Alex has a parry?
Not quite, during his V-Trigger mode you can tap instead of hold his charging clothesline, take the guard point and then it resets to neutral, allowing you to do it again, I've tried it against other multi-hit attacks like Ken's HP dragon punch with success (it probably works like Ryu's parry in that regard).

It also replenishes a small bit of V-Trigger gauge when you do the parry.

Here was my attempt, only tried against the first half of Chun's CA. Watch the V-Gauge with each parry...

The demonstrations are exceptionally terrible, I'm shocked people are fine with them. How can they not let you try what they're showing you? What a dumb oversight, even the original tutorial let you do that. So good luck on the trials noobs because you gotta cancel in them and all the tutorial does is say "a cancel is this" but not much else, I'm sure it'd have been nice to try it out.

I expected a better teaching tool and I guess that was my bad.

See, if I ask for a ham sandwich, and I'm given a turkey sandwich, sure they're similar, but they're not the same thing. For all the people who think single player content is for whiny casuals, it's kind of confusing that they can't see the difference between one round matches mostly revolving around health management, and multiple round matches where health management isn't quite a crucial because it gets refilled the next round.

Hadouken cereal is the best. I love the red fireball marshmallows.

qcf x2

The demonstrations are exceptionally terrible, I'm shocked people are fine with them. How can they not let you try what they're showing you? What a dumb oversight, even the original tutorial let you do that. So good luck on the trials noobs because you gotta cancel in them and all the tutorial does is say "a cancel is this" but not much else, I'm sure it'd have been nice to try it out.

I expected a better teaching tool and I guess that was my bad.

It was your bad at this point. It was as barebones as possible, no audio commentary, the editing is amateur, and there's really not even aesthetically appropriate text formatting. Do not expect anything above the bare minimum moving forward regarding this game. I think people are fine with them in the sense that "ok, we get it, this is how it's gonna be, at least I get free fight money by skipping this garbage." I don't think anybody really thinks they're of any value otherwise, I mean they don't even mention Cammy's hooligan, much less subtleties like normals, ideal punishes/punish ranges, etc.

At least the trials for some characters will give a beginner some idea of what is possible.

Not quite, during his V-Trigger mode you can tap instead of hold his charging clothesline, take the guard point and then it resets to neutral, allowing you to do it again, I've tried it against other multi-hit attacks like Ken's HP dragon punch with success (it probably works like Ryu's parry in that regard).

It also replenishes a small bit of V-Trigger gauge when you do the parry.

Here was my attempt, only tried against the first half of Chun's CA. Watch the V-Gauge with each parry...

does that work on low normals?

I don't agree I would recommend it to anyone that likes good fighting games. If they can get it for cheaper than 60 it's worth it.

Unless you're a die hard FGC member or street fighter fan your money is far better spent on MKxl or GGxrd imo.

hell sf4 on ps4 is a better purchase at the moment.

Ferrio

Banned
Unless you're a die hard FGC member or street fighter fan your money is far better spent on MKxl or GGxrd imo.

hell sf4 on ps4 is a better purchase at the moment.

Eh, I don't agree. Matters what they want. If they're serious about learning how to play a fighting game, and actually putting in the time and effort... then yes SFV is a good buy. If they're looking to be more casual, then yes the other two games might be more up their alley. Well maybe not Xrd, really Xrd for a casual?

Eh, I don't agree. Matters what they want. If they're serious about learning how to play a fighting game, and actually putting in the time and effort... then yes SFV is a good buy. If they're looking to be more casual, then yes the other two games might be more up their alley. Well maybe not Xrd, really Xrd for a casual?

xrd is incredibly fun even if you are just mashing around.

casual = playing vs cpu, story and casual friends.

Top Bottom