• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

Spman2099

CevPrzbWAAAc3YF.jpg

Man, feels too accurate. They NEED to fix that face.

Tu101uk

does that work on low normals?

I believe it does but I forgot to check, if I'm honest :p I believe I saw in a different Alex video that it blocked a low hit.
How easy is it to parry? Is the timing close or loose? Can you be grabbed out of it? (Sorry if the questions are dumb, I only watch people play)
Doing Alex's "parry" is basically tapping his V-Trigger mode Clothesline (HP+HK) rather than holding it. Instead of unleashing the clothesline after the parry like the charged version, the tap version resets you back to neutral (and you regain a bit of V Gauge), from there you can do a different attack or another clothesline.

Timing depends on the move you're trying to parry, especially if it's a multi-hit move. It's only the startup (charging) frames I believe that have the guard point. Also I couldn't really do it on wakeup after a knockdown.

Couldn't really test if I can be grabbed out of it, I kinda need a second person with me to test it out :p

Obscura

That Alex has a parry, even if it is v-trigger only, fills my heart with joy.

My fears of Q having to go without are falling away.

braves01

Banned
Ken's face looks fucked up and the fight hasn't even started

Edit: plus boob-shaming chun, this isn't what the march update needed to be

Baleoce

Hmm, so even though he's restricted to v-trigger mode in order to perform a parry, successfully performing one will extend his v-trigger window.

Tu101uk

i wonder if the v trigger activation time is enough time for you to pop it to parry on reaction
That would be a no. You can parry certain things on reaction or by telegraphing like in the video but the recovery from V-Trigger activation won't let you

Which is fair really, means it can't be abused, I don't know if Capcom intended us to use the guard point on his clothesline like a parry like this.

Tu101uk

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked already but what is Alex's v-skill?
He does his 3rd Strike taunt where he stretched one of his arms. Apparently the next hit he does is supposed to be like a Hard counter hit in terms of damage, but I didn't really notice (though I wasn't testing it out to be fair).

His V-Trigger mode, as far as I tested, only grants you use of the clothesline, it doesn't give you extra speed/damage/hits.

sixghost

These character guides and demos are awful. I don't know how they expect this to help anyone. The Demonstrations aren't even interactive.

that alex looks fucking awesome.

i seriously don't know why capcom went with the banana blonde. that alex looks 10x even ignoring the SF3 hairstyle

『Inaba Resident』;199576608 said:
Are you talking about that mod because Capcom didn't make that model.
The mod didn't make any modifications to Alex's weird proportioned body. Alex looks like a Hulk it looks weird and unnatural.

Gren

I've been fine with most of the default skins so far, but I'll definitely try this mod out.

And since I got the season pass, I hope someone makes a burlap sack mod for his "Extraordinary" one, because that's all I can see.

EDIT:
Possibly.
I wish they went with this approach rather than trying to make some hairdos look like real hair.

Top Bottom