• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V polls: What Capcom should do after Season 2 and Arcade Edition?

Neoxon

I don't think they own the IP to those two characters.
OT - To be honest, how about moving on from SFV and just go to SFVI and have all the content (story mode, etc.) there on launch day.
We still have another 3 years of DLC left. No use in abandoning SFV now when we’re only 2 seasons in.

Pompadour

I don't think they own the IP to those two characters.
OT - To be honest, how about moving on from SFV and just go to SFVI and have all the content (story mode, etc.) there on launch day.

So just reuse all the assets? That sounds more like SSFV than a SF6.

Unlike other fighting games, when Street Fighter hits a new numbered entry they start from scratch.

BumRush

We still have another 3 years of DLC left. No use in abandoning SFV now when we’re only 2 seasons in.

Agreed. I just hope that they learn their lesson and have a more robust package at launch for VI. I mean, they have plenty of time before release.

Neoxon

Agreed. I just hope that they learn their lesson and have a more robust package at launch for VI. I mean, they have plenty of time before release.
They still have to start SFVI’s roster from scratch (as per SF tradition), & that could take a while. I wouldn’t expect SFVI until 2022 at the absolute earliest.

dawgparty

Sakura is the right move. If you mean after that, dream additions are Poison, Rose, Abel, or Maki. All have pretty low chances of getting in anytime soon.

Mostly I need them to fix win Chun's face in her win pose.

CTHZDvAXAAAVXo_.png:large

jett

D-Member
Sakura is the right move. If you mean after that, dream additions are Poison, Rose, Abel, or Maki. All have pretty low chances of getting in anytime soon.

There's nothing wrong with her face?

gelf

After arcade edition drops I think I'll be largely happy with the game for the first time. I'd love a world tour mode but I doubt thats likely.

Scotia

Banned
Voted for pretty much everything when it came to game modes and fixes. Picked the characters that I want to see in the game eventually, even if I doubt most'll make it in.

Neoxon

Damn, really? 2022? Timed with the PS5.5?
SFV DLC is supposed to go on until 2020. So by that logic, they'd need at least 2 years to get a decent base roster going (let alone stages, modes, & other content). 2022 is honestly being generous, as it assumes that Capcom will get straight to work on SFVI after wrapping up SFV Season 5's development. 2023 or 2024 would be a more realistic prediction. Either way, that's a bit of a ways off, so there's no real use in speculating that for the time being.

I don't see the problem with Chun's face.

I still love the game and play it very often but there are lots of things they could improve.

Filter Battle Lounge results by region. I get the impression that they deliberately chose to omit this option to promote international matches, showing their confidence in the netcode but, even though it's a big improvement over the netcode of SFIV, it rarely works out when fighting players so far away. 

A choice of intro/outro/taunt animations. Matchup-specific intros would also be great. They've sort of implied that some additional polish in this area may be coming with Arcade Edition.

Reduce Loading times. Right now I rarely return to training with Fight Request on because it's so much quicker to return to the main menu. Just switch my training mode to whichever stage I just fought on in ranked if it speeds things up.

Give normals to have more range. It can feel pretty frustrating so see a normal you were sure was in range whiff. It'd skew the balance since it'll likely make for rangier confirm combos than are currently possible, benefiting some characters more than others, but hopefully it can be done without reintroducing the jab, jab. jab confirms of SFIV.

Reward frame-perfect inputs somehow. Maybe perfect execution could be rewarded with extra hitstun so that confident players can execute links into moves which would otherwise be impossible. Even at lower levels of play you'll often see the same optimal combos experienced players use because the buffer negates difficulty. Opening up new combo routes for players willing to try for riskier links may make things more interesting.

Team Battles. I'd love 3x3 KoF style team battles. They added this to USFIV but I'd love to be able to play it with any number of players, between 2 and 6, online or off. Ranked Team Battles would be nice; grouped into a little party with two friends to fight another team of three, like SFxTekken had.

Improve Replays. I want to be able to watch replays without having to first save them to the replay list. I'd like the return of a replay theatre where replays which meet your search criteria (Diamond matches between Bison and Akuma for example) will play endlessly until you quit. Right now you have to pick up the controller after watching a single replay so you can't put it on in the background like SSFIV.

More Options. I'd like a set of "system direction" style dip-switch options; turning on things like infinite meter, universal parries, air blocking, Super Jumps, chip damage KOs etc for local or private online versus. Might be interesting to see how the game feels without its input buffer or with the risk of being chipped to death.

Improved Tutorial. A tutorial on a par with what the newest Guilty Gear games offer; not only teaching how to do moves but also how to recognise situations where these techniques are appropriate while testing understanding in practice.

Ideally I'd like a tutorial mode fused with a story/world tour mode; branching paths which take you through the game's mechanics, basics to advanced, universal to character/situation specific, with unlockables on route. It'd be more interesting to play than a standard Arcade Ladder.

Also this might be a PS4 issue but I'd prefer it if plugging in a controller and playing were more straightforward. It can be a pain when you have a group of friends all using different controllers/setups.

Character wise I'm not too fussed. My personal favourites would be Rufus, Dan, Makoto and Eagle. Playstyle-wise I'd like someone like Sagat or Gouken; more projectile keepaway play to diversify the cast.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Arcade Edition turns out.

nachum00

I'd like to see more 3rd strike characters. Specifically Necro, Q, Oro and Makoto.

And I'd like drastic changes to the core gameplay mechanics.

kunonabi

aside from modes, characters, etc. the main thing the game needs is better defensive options. The game is just way too offense heavy at this point. I mean if you're going to spend a whole bar of V-gauge to do the counter it shouldn't get stuffed nearly as often as it does.

sephi22

Mostly picked competitive options for improvements.

Also picked El Fuerte, Seth and Ingrid for character additions. :)

dawgparty

I guess you don't like that she's not staring directly at you?

It's really not that big of a deal.

Pfffff. Good one, man! What a roast.

I'm aware it's not that big a deal, I just posted it in the thread because I see that hilarious chipmunk face multiple times per session.

No, you see, because we've all seen how low Capcom is willing to go in terms of Chun-Li's face, this face ends up looking pretty good by comparison.

This is true, actually.

MrCarter

I still love the game and play it very often but there are lots of things they could improve.

Filter Battle Lounge results by region. I get the impression that they deliberately chose to omit this option to promote international matches, showing their confidence in the netcode but, even though it's a big improvement over the netcode of SFIV, it rarely works out when fighting players so far away. 

A choice of intro/outro/taunt animations. Matchup-specific intros would also be great. They've sort of implied that some additional polish in this area may be coming with Arcade Edition.

Reduce Loading times. Right now I rarely return to training with Fight Request on because it's so much quicker to return to the main menu. Just switch my training mode to whichever stage I just fought on in ranked if it speeds things up.

Give normals to have more range. It can feel pretty frustrating so see a normal you were sure was in range whiff. It'd skew the balance since it'll likely make for rangier confirm combos than are currently possible, benefiting some characters more than others, but hopefully it can be done without reintroducing the jab, jab. jab confirms of SFIV.

Reward frame-perfect inputs somehow. Maybe perfect execution could be rewarded with extra hitstun so that confident players can execute links into moves which would otherwise be impossible. Even at lower levels of play you'll often see the same optimal combos experienced players use because the buffer negates difficulty. Opening up new combo routes for players willing to try for riskier links may make things more interesting.

Team Battles. I'd love 3x3 KoF style team battles. They added this to USFIV but I'd love to be able to play it with any number of players, between 2 and 6, online or off. Ranked Team Battles would be nice; grouped into a little party with two friends to fight another team of three, like SFxTekken had.

Improve Replays. I want to be able to watch replays without having to first save them to the replay list. I'd like the return of a replay theatre where replays which meet your search criteria (Diamond matches between Bison and Akuma for example) will play endlessly until you quit. Right now you have to pick up the controller after watching a single replay so you can't put it on in the background like SSFIV.

More Options. I'd like a set of "system direction" style dip-switch options; turning on things like infinite meter, universal parries, air blocking, Super Jumps, chip damage KOs etc for local or private online versus. Might be interesting to see how the game feels without its input buffer or with the risk of being chipped to death.

Improved Tutorial. A tutorial on a par with what the newest Guilty Gear games offer; not only teaching how to do moves but also how to recognise situations where these techniques are appropriate while testing understanding in practice.

Ideally I'd like a tutorial mode fused with a story/world tour mode; branching paths which take you through the game's mechanics, basics to advanced, universal to character/situation specific, with unlockables on route. It'd be more interesting to play than a standard Arcade Ladder.

Also this might be a PS4 issue but I'd prefer it if plugging in a controller and playing were more straightforward. It can be a pain when you have a group of friends all using different controllers/setups.

Character wise I'm not too fussed. My personal favourites would be Rufus, Dan, Makoto and Eagle. Playstyle-wise I'd like someone like Sagat or Gouken; more projectile keepaway play to diversify the cast.

Great post. Even half of these would be great.

Bakercat

Ultra edition with all dlc included. I don't buy dlc individually and I don't have time to grind for weeks for new stuff. Just release it all at once and then I'll buy it when it's $20.

sephi22

*remembers SFxT online*
*shudders*

I did have fun with the Color Editor, though. How is it in USFII?

Color editor is a bad idea.

Why? Besides the addition of neon colors, It was one of the best things about SFxT, IMO.

I don't know if OP edited it after your comments, but they way he's done it sounds real easy and avoid the pitfalls of mentioned editors.

OP's way: Each costume is divided into segments. For example: Dhalsim's Turban/Tattoos/Pants. So you can pick Turban's color from one of his existing costume colors, Tattoos from another, and Pants from another. Since you're only picking from the available options, no way to get neon or skin colored outfits

Neoxon

I'd also like to throw these into your list.
  • Update the Lab Zero Driver: Later games using the driver don't require a DualShock 4 to be connected for your PS3 stick to work. It would be nice if Capcom implemented these changes into SFV's Lab Zero Driver.
  • (If Possible) Implement Some of MvCI's Netcode Changes: Clearly Capcom got something right with MvCI's netcode. Since it's been said that MvCI's netcode is based on SFV's, hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to back-port said changes to SFV (see MKX serving as a test for Injustice 2's netcode via an update).
  • Update Lobbies to be More Like MvCI's: I don't mean just the idea of all 8 players fighting at once, but also the idea that you can do Online Training Mode via lobbies. It's basically killing 2 birds with one stone.

kadotsu

Banned
I would love more customizability for the the game, like Tekken. Lifebars, meters, clock, character images, taunt, load and win poses should all be objects that I can change. It would also be a good avenue for post release engagement/monetization. Make a grindy competitive mode with dailies and weeklies and sell items in a store. It works for almost every other game out there why shouldn't it work for SF?

I hope you guys realize that a zero-effort solution to fixing color edit is to make an option for them to only be client-side.

DrArchon

Real talk: it's appalling that they haven't fixed Ken's face yet. He's one of your most popular characters, Capcom, and you're gonna leave him looking like that on the character select screen?

You guys fixed Chun and Dante (sorta) in MvCI because people kept laughing at their terrible faces. Why not Ken?

Neoxon

I don't know if OP edited it after your comments, but they way he's done it sounds real easy and avoid the pitfalls of mentioned editors.

OP's way: Each costume is divided into segments. For example: Dhalsim's Turban/Tattoos/Pants. So you can pick Turban's color from one of his existing costume colors, Tattoos from another, and Pants from another. Since you're only picking from the available options, no way to get neon or skin colored outfits
That.......just might actually work. It wouldn't eliminate the need of buying colors with Fight Money/real money, but getting said bonus colors would help expand your color palette. It sounds like a really smart solution to avoid another SFxT situation (I literally had to turn down the contrast on my TV & my monitor to not get hella distracted by the bright neon colors).

Naarmight

To be honest I just want netcode improvements, and more characters. I really hope there is some bonus characters with Arcade mode. I am sure we will have Sagat with the Arcade mode, I just hope he is separate to the season 3 characters.

Oh and I kinda want to know who the characters are in advance of the season pass this year.

Neoxon

To be honest I just want netcode improvements, and more characters. I really hope there is some bonus characters with Arcade mode. I am sure we will have Sagat with the Arcade mode, I just hope he is separate to the season 3 characters.

Oh and I kinda want to know who the characters are in advance of the season pass this year.
According to Flowtron (who leaked all of Season 2's characters under our noses last year), Sagat (& Sakura) are part of Season 3.

dawgparty

What is wrong with her face? Answer the question.

Calm down, Takamura-Sama. Not much point in explaining if you think it looks fine and I think it looks like shit, but alright. The mouth and expression are weird/awful, eyes are slightly off-center and her whole face just gives me some weird buck-toothed vibe. Doesn't look like her at all to me.

27_sf5chunaltbanner.jpg

cnl.png

29826476tj.png

Top Bottom