• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tik-Tok

Cross Postan

11888084_1178036942213088_3413523090533628653_n.jpg

11903739_1178036965546419_4316726145413147611_n.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well that's an interesting turn of events.

Indeed.

ShinMaruku is going to have a huge plate of crow today. Too bad, he's banned so we wouldn't know how he would reacted.

Nothing's Personal! Just tired with how you always acting like that you had an inside source about Karin and R. Mika wouldn't be in the game every single time. Now you are wrong! ;P

SephLuis

Siliconera leaks holding true.

Alex confirmed?

I searched and Siliconera leak list was Alex, Urien and Karen.
Did they leaked anyone else ?

Ask Vega. I believe he took her slot. There is no way SF3 wont be represented with 2 characters.

NO !
R. Mika is the 10th character. 4 characters are new. 2 old remaining.

In this scenario, Siliconera leaks aren't real.
I also doubt they will go with no one representing SF IV.

TGS Juri reveal. believe (because if it ain't there...)

Holy heck... she's an assist character. They got MvC in our Streetfighter V XD

Also, is that her v-reversal that absorbed a hit and grabbed or did they give her a counter? o_O

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Also, is that her v-reversal that absorbed a hit and grabbed or did they give her a counter? o_O
Didn't she have a counter in Alpha 3 that looked like that?

SephLuis

I watched the video twice and that is her v-reversal. She does it while defending.

Her V-trigger seems to be that her assist will attack along for a period of time. That's my guess at least.

No idea what her V-skill might be.

Neoxon

Any hope for Juri in the base roster went out the window when Vega was revealed. That being said, I'm 99.999% sure that she will be DLC. But as of now, it looks like the Siliconera leak is real.

However, Ono could throw another curve ball.

Man if any game needed guile it's this game. They needed to close the arc on guile and nash. especially if they have a story mode in this game but oh well. But if the rest of the list is true then that's fine too. Too many sf2 cast as it is. Vega was a waste of slot IMO.

SephLuis

Any hope for Juri in the base roster went out the window when Vega was revealed. That being said, I'm 99.999% sure that she will be DLC. But as of now, it looks like the Siliconera leak is real.

However, Ono could throw another curve ball.

I really hope he does. Vega was completely unexpected.

2 slots left and I do not think they will leave III and IV unrepresented. Or at least, let me believe they won't.

The only thing that bothers me with the Siliconera leak is that there are 2 slots left for returning characters and the leak says Urien, Alex and Karin. Perhaps Urien is the boss character and Alex/Karin playable ?

Not really liking that character model, soemthing seems off.

The face looks to much like a doll, but I think it will get better. Cammy got better recently.

2 slots left and I do not think they will leave III and IV unrepresented. Or at least, let me believe they won't.

The only thing that bothers me with the Siliconera leak is that there are 2 slots left for returning characters and the leak says Urien, Alex and Karin. Perhaps Urien is the boss character and Alex/Karin playable ?
There's 3 slots left for returning characters. 6 characters left, 3 new 3 vets. If the rest of the Siliconera leak checks out, we already have the full remaining roster ( Karin Alex Urien Zen Rachid Laura)

SgtCobra

Im sure they will continue improving character models up until launch. i already like it. Ken needs the most work with the face, he looks like Liquid Bosman.
Yeah that's true, have there been any recent character model changes? Does Ken's/Cammy's face look better now?
I also remember Vega having a pretty silly face on some instances heh.
The face looks to much like a doll, but I think it will get better. Cammy got better recently.
They changed Cammy's face? Gotta look up on that, but that's great if true.

NO !
R. Mika is the 10th character. 4 characters are new. 2 old remaining.

In this scenario, Siliconera leaks aren't real.
I also doubt they will go with no one representing SF IV.

TGS Juri reveal. believe (because if it ain't there...)

necalli is one of the new characters so it's actually 3 more for each.

Scotia

Banned

There are six spots left. Three for returning SF characters and 3 for new characters.

SephLuis

There's 3 slots left for returning characters. 6 characters left, 3 new 3 vets. If the rest of the Siliconera leak checks out, we already have the full remaining roster ( Karin Alex Urien Zen Rachid Laura)

Derp. Forgot Nicalli was one of the new characters. I was considering they still had to reveal 4 new and 2 old.

I will be rooting for it to be fake (or that Juri is DLC ASAP =P)

vg260

Man if any game needed guile it's this game. They needed to close the arc on guile and nash. especially if they have a story mode in this game but oh well. But if the rest of the list is true then that's fine too. Too many sf2 cast as it is. Vega was a waste of slot IMO.

There are a number of reasons Guile needs to be in. His playstyle is missing in the game and he needs to be in there for story. I think they should have saved Vega or Ken (moreso) for DLC.

Anyway, it would be crazy if he's not involved in the story somehow, so we may need to wait and see what their plans are for DLC. Maybe there's some dedicated story stuff involved. In any case, he needs to be early DLC.

Scotia

Banned
I still think Vega was originally down for DLC but for whatever reason they switched him for someone else. Vega just came out of the blue and I still don't know why he would deserve a spot on the main roster instead of DLC. It just seems odd.

There are a number of reasons Guile needs to be in. His playstyle is missing in the game and he needs to be in there for story. I think they should have saved Vega or Ken (moreso) for DLC.

Anyway, it would be crazy if he's not involved in the story somehow, so we may need to wait and see what their plans are for DLC. Maybe there's some dedicated story stuff involved. In any case, he needs to be early DLC.

I agree. I tried to play nash like him with some success(about 65% win rate). But with his C.mp nerfed as anti air in the recent patch its even more difficult now. I used Guile since SF2. I might have a problem finding a character with similar gameplay in SFV. So far there is 1.5 charge character and if the list is true then this is it for charge characters. There's no good zoning/poking characters. Kind of makes me wonder capcoms choice for initial roster. Nash will be difficult to zone now with the c.mp nerf also. That was his only close consistent anti air.

vg260

No roster will ever be as bad as SF4's. Ever.

SF4's was great. They did what they had to do in terms of returning characters, and made the best picks from Alpha and 3S. It's just that the retooled ones from AE and the new ones were mostly duds.

SF4's was great. They did what they had to do in terms of returning characters, and made the best picks from Alpha and 3S. It's just that the retooled ones from AE and the new ones were mostly duds.

Hugo seems like the only dud. He's got a lot of problems when he can't parry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom