• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
Don't know what you mean. Considering the slectable characters how can you say the roster sucks

I don't like the SF2 characters that much and seeing as SF4 brought all of them back, it makes it a bad roster to me. I'm not saying this as a fact, but just as my opinion.

Don't know what you mean. Considering the slectable characters how can you say the roster sucks
Yah doesn't make any sense, it's the biggest SF roster ever..

Anyway this just confirms silocenera is probably right and we know all the returning characters. RIP hopes and dreams. Female side of the roster is disappointing..

Yah doesn't make any sense, it's the biggest SF roster ever..

Anyway this just confirms silocenera is probably right and we know all the returning characters. RIP hopes and dreams. Female side of the roster is disappointing..
Only for the initial 16, there's probably another two dozen characters to come.

Vice

I don't like the SF2 characters that much and seeing as SF4 brought all of them back, it makes it a bad roster to me. I'm not saying this as a fact, but just as my opinion.
It had a large amount of characters from every series in it though and plenty of original characters too.

That's a strange stance since the majority of SF2 characters double as Alpha characters. (All of them actually do if you count revisions)

Lulubop

It's one character, I still have my doubts on silocenera's leak. Mika fits in with the Capcom character thing. If the purple is all Alpha characters than the other would be Karin.

Coda

Well my SF V main confirmed so far. I'm sure down the line I'll want to mix it up but damn, loving everything about R. Mika so far.

Scotia

Banned
It had a large amount of characters from every series in it though and plenty of original characters too.

And? Yeah it has a large amount of characters, but I just happen to not like half of them. What's so difficult to understand about that?

That's a strange stance since the majority of SF2 characters double as Alpha characters. (All of them actually do if you count revisions)

Yeah I don't like SF2 side of the Alpha roster but it had a lot of cool characters to counter-balance it. SF4 (espeically the Vanilla version), to me, had nothing going for it. The new characters were pretty meh and the rest were SF2 characters. I didn't even get it until Ultra anyway and that's only because they'd added some better characters by then.

Tik-Tok

And? Yeah it has a large amount of characters, but I just happen to not like half of them. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Yeah I don't like SF2 side of the Alpha roster but it had a lot of cool characters to counter-balance it. SF4 (espeically the Vanilla version), to me, had nothing going for it. The new characters were pretty meh and the rest were SF2 characters. I didn't even get it until Ultra anyway and that's only because they'd added some better characters by then.

I believe that you don't like Street Fighter.

kirblar

What purple color are you talking about?
The EVO roster lineup that had 3 color segments. One green area, 8 blocks, with the 5 SF2 folks, One purple area, 2 blocks, with the 2 Alpha folks, and one 4 block Red area obviously for the newbies.

Purple definitely means Alpha now, which means we have 2 green slots left, assuming Karin is indeed the 4th Alpha comeback kid.

What purple color are you talking about?
2rUK0VHU.png

Dunnow if it was this one, but it's blue in this pic.

Vice

So you'll probably have similar feelings to SFV since it will probably have a higher concentration of SF2 characters since SSF4.

Scotia

Banned

So because I don't like a particular group of characters I don't like Street Fighter? OK this is getting ridiculous, forget I ever said anything. My mistake for forgetting sharing my opinion on here gets me shit.

Endo Punk

Agreed, I'm sure there may be one more in the starting roster and if not that then I'm sure we'll definitely see some SF II characters as DLC down the line.

They can make all SF2 characters dlc for all i care but i am glad SFV has its own groove compared to SF4 which was a reunion for SF2 characters.

Now when Alex and Urien are confirmed i can rest easy. I mean surely they will include a minimum of 2 SF3 characters if nothing else then for story reasons considering Nash's new look and all

Scotia

Banned
So you'll probably have similar feelings to SFV since it will probably have a higher concentration of SF2 characters since SSF4.

This game already has more to offer me than 4 ever did. I may not appreciate some of the roster in this game but I will definitely like most of it.

EDIT: I'm not talking about this anymore. I already get shit for voicing my opinions in other threads and I don't want it here. If you reply to my previous comments I'm going to ignore you so don't bother.

ZdkDzk

Nah, I get where he's coming from. I don't really like the SF2 all that much, and most of my favourite characters didn't get into SF4. Throw in the fact that the ones that did get in didn't really translate all that well (visuals or gameplay) and I'm left with 5-ish characters I actually like.

Westlo

They can make all SF2 characters dlc for all i care but i am glad SFV has its own groove compared to SF4 which was a reunion for SF2 characters.

Now when Alex and Urien are confirmed i can rest easy. I mean surely they will include a minimum of 2 SF3 characters if nothing else then for story reasons considering Nash's new look and all

Why would Alex be in this for story reasons when this is pre Sf3? His entire motivation is that his buddy Nas.. I mean Tom got killed by Biso... I mean Gill.

Urien & Juri, book it.

I-hate-u

They really want to rile up the fanbase before showing them, and it's working. it wouldnt make sense for SF3 to not be represented.

I would have thought they mixed around the timing of character announcements. Like, 1 from 3, one of Alpha, one from 2 etc. All the characters are so far are either from Alpha or 2. I think the remaining are Karen and 2 SF2 characters (Guile and Balrog). There might not be any SFIII original fighters in this one.

Also, controversial opinion here, Oro > Urien. We need a hermit type character in this game.

Endo Punk

Nah, I get where he's coming from. I don't really like the SF2 all that much, and most of my favourite characters didn't get into SF4. Throw in the fact that the ones that did get in didn't really translate all that well (visuals or gameplay) and I'm left with 5-ish characters I actually like.

I think it's hard for people to believe that some prefer SF3 gameplay and roster compared to the "iconic" world warriors. SF2 roster is seriously over exposed as far as i am concerned.

Endo Punk

Why would Alex be in this for story reasons when this is pre Sf3? His entire motivation is that his buddy Nas.. I mean Tom got killed by Biso... I mean Gill.

Urien & Juri, book it.

Just like it would have been odd for birdie to be the only crazy looking character it would be odd if Urien is the only SF3 character. He will have a reason, Alex will return.

delSai

Urien & Juri, book it.

You mean Urien and Guile right?
If characters are getting picked for story reasons, i think he's way more important then Juri (Or Karin and Mika, or even Ken)

Kouichi

I thought for sure at least one character that debuted in SF4 would be in the initial roster. Pretty surprising if the Siliconera rumors end up true.

Endo Punk

I thought for sure at least one character that debuted in SF4 would be in the initial roster. Pretty surprising if the Siliconera rumors end up true.

That siliconera rumor didnt predict Vega so Juri, Alex or Urien wont make it in. My bet is Juri for the initial roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom