• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

All I want is Q
(Even though if he does get it in it'll be pure lelelelelele fedora jokes nonstop)
and an older Makoto.

18-Volt

Returning: Eagle, Birdie, Sodom, Karin, Rainbow Mika, Q, Sean, Oro, Skullomania, Cracker Jack, Doctrine Dark and Hakan.

Justified

I hope they in addition to long time favorite, they add some new faces to the roster (more than 4 please)

I would also like to see Holy Ken
post-8084-1100914609.gif

Also Rare Akuma, w/ Godzilla qoutes
rare_akuma_final_by_DicloniusEvaUnit.jpg

Outside the SF2 cast, I want Alex from SF3 (and the whole SF3 cast from Ultra), R. Mika from Alpha 3 (I don't care if Ono supposedly hates her), Eagle from SF1/CvS2, and Viper and Juri from SF4.
I'm also not completely opposed to bringing back Ingrid from Capcom Fighting Jam/Alpha 3, but only because I enjoy her gameplay.

Gbraga

I really want Dudley, Bison, Fei Long and Poison, but I'm glad I'm also a Ryu player and I can just take my character for granted.

Thanks Capcpom.

stn

Guile
Ken
M. Bison
Gouken
Cammy
Dee-Jay
Yun
Yang
E. Honda
Blanka
Rose
C. Viper (but change her gameplay, no more herp derp)
Juri
Akuma
Dudley
Ibuki (no more vortex please)
Zangief
Urien
Q
Gen
Alex
Guy
Cody
Maki
Cammy
Karin

Plus, let's say 5-10 new characters. The roster is going to be huge no matter what.

Chunners is already in so no worries there. I need Juri and Poison though.

Karin would be a great addition too but I've been saying that since SFA3.

There's only two things I really want:

-Don't go all MUGEN on the cast. SFIV has too many characters which means too many match-up possibilities and in inevitability some of those match ups just aren't very exciting b/c a disadvantaged character has to stick to one strategy and one strategy only to win.

-Find a way to get the Arika char designers from the EX games on board. Diago is pretty good but only C. Viper and Juri stuck out from the new designs and I don't see Juri being too timeless a design. The char designers from III, EX, and Alpha (whom I'm guessing had some of the same designers as III) really knew their stuff. Get one of them to partner up w/ Diago and let it rip.

If they can do that I don't care who they throw in as long as it's some ridiculous crap like Oni Akuma or Evil Ken or w/e, leave that for MUGEN. Bring the cast a bit more back down-to-Earth, keep the count intimate, and surprise me with lots of new innovative and SF-feeling character designs.

emag

I'd like to see some age in the characters. Was one of the most interesting aspects of the SF3 series.

I'd love to see the characters aged up to 2015*, but I doubt those Ryu and Chun models are just placeholders. Capcom's going to play it safe with the roster and stick to barely-aged SF2 era characters as the core after the disaster that was the SF3 series and the success that was SF4.

I think fans would accept an aged Ryu who more in control of himself (like Gouken). Mel Masters could take his father's place and Chun could have her own disciple (one of the kids she adopts/teaches in the SF3 story). Bison could very well still be around, in a different body (that of a doll?) if necessary. That way the classic style could largely be preserved while also freshening it up.

old_ryu_concept_by_molee.jpg

*SF2[T] takes place in 1993, SF3:3s takes place in 1999. SFV taking place in 2015 would mean core characters would be 22 years older than their iconic portrayals. Ryu would be around 50 years old if the timeline was consistent (and Sakura would be in her early 40s).

I hope Capcom embraces its reputation of disappointing fans by creating a fresh, divisive entry where the only returning characters are Ryu and Chun-Li.

Don't listen to the fans, Capcom. We don't know what's good for us.

Nap1400

Put in a Darkstalkers character somewhere, they're not doing anything otherwise.
/s

Serious requests, R. Mika, Makoto, Alex, Q, maybe Skullomania if EX characters are allowed, and newcomers.

Lowest of keys, I hope they do something akin MKX with the different forms
FOH GEMS FOH.

Imagine having a choice of:

SF2 style Ryu - cancelable sweep, red fireball w/ knockdown, more turtle based

SF3 style Ryu - Jouden special, parry ability, the universal overhead, ex attacks

SF4 style Ryu - Stronger combos/More link based, ex attacks etc

SF Alpha Ryu - Alpha counters, air blocking, chains and all that.

Evil Ryu?

Change up their looks to go with the way they played too.

Don't make them separate characters either.

Capcom gotta pay me for all this geniusness.

y2dvd

Ken's son.
Guile's son.

They are the new rivals!

And Necro just because.
And also that fat kid in the SFIV playground.

Memory

Bring back Charlie and Rose for sure. Its time for a dope Silat fighter and maybe a Billy Blanks homage Tae bo figher also for kicks (no pun intended).

I feel like we're going to get a lot of new and 3S characters, but I doubt we'll get Q. We'll probably get all of the world warriors too.

Village

I feel like we're going to get a lot of new and 3S characters, but I doubt we'll get Q. We'll probably get all of the world warriors too.

I think if there is a 3rd strike character to get who isn't named alex, we already got them already.

Also while I'm confident her and Juri will be back, I would like to reiterate

Bring mama back

Rufus is my favourite character design and I'd be sad to see him go but I'd prefer >50% new characters.

Dan can come back, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom