• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
"1 true charge character"

There are currently 3 charge characters. There's no such thing as a "fake" charge character.

Bro having 2 moves doesn't make it a charge character. By that logic yun and feilong is a grappler. A true charge character is bison, guile, deejay, and formerly Vega.

Shadoken

Indian games expo is 100% not going to be Zen. That event is nowhere near as big as BGS,PSX..etc. Not even locally.

At best it would get a sim reveal. Capcom doesnt even have a presence there , only Sony does.

"Bro having 2 moves doesn't make it a charge character. By that logic yun and feilong is a grappler. A true charge character is bison, guile, deejay, and formerly Vega."

Guile only has 2 charge moves.

Lulubop

Yeah, unless Ono was the director on Capcom Fighting All-Stars then the whole Ono creating Ingrid doesn't mean anything.

She was the sole original character (technically) in Capcom Fighting Evolution, however.

Or Brazil -> Laura
NYCC -> Nobody
India Games Expo -> Dhalsim
Somewhere else -> Zen

I'm not exactly buying Zen as Indian quite yet.

Yea I'm going with this. Comiccon will prob have storymode and feature stuff.

Neoxon

Indian games expo is 100% not going to be Zen. That event is nowhere near as big as BGS,PSX..etc. Not even locally.

At best it would get a sim reveal. Capcom doesnt even have a presence there , only Sony does.
To be fair, we don't know if Capcom will have a presence at the Indian Game Expo......do we?

Shadoken

No, it's that Bogard's info has been pointing to a new Indian newbie, which would make Guile the obvious NYCC reveal now that Alex doesn't make sense alongside Gief.

Why is it everyone is expecting a NYCC reveal. We just got two characters this month , I really doubt we are going to get 3.

kirblar

Just the thought that a character could be called Eisbahn makes me wanna puke
Yeah, it wouldn't be the name, it's obviously an ad for an ice rink featuring this ice character..
Why is it everyone is expecting a NYCC reveal. We just got two characters this month , I really doubt we are going to get 3.
Ono's attending, they've unveild characters there before, Capcom Zangief blog suggested pace of reveals was accellerating. (read the last paragraph)

Vice

Bro having 2 moves doesn't make it a charge character. By that logic yun and feilong is a grappler. A true charge character is bison, guile, deejay, and formerly Vega.

Necali and Bison are charge characters. I think Necali has one motion move, not counting his CA. Chun is pretty much as charge as she's always been.

"Bro having 2 moves doesn't make it a charge character. By that logic yun and feilong is a grappler. A true charge character is bison, guile, deejay, and formerly Vega."

Guile only has 2 charge moves.

he always had two moves. and none of this moves are qcf motion. his only non charge special is air throw if you even count that as special,

SephLuis

It's probably a mistake. My guess would be Guile at NYCC. If there isn't a reveal there, it could be anyone.

I just don't think they will wait December to talk Zen

Neoxon

The literal translation of that tweet is:
There will be a total of 16 characters, plus one new character and 2 returning.

People were saying the 1 new boss character and 2 returning unplayable bosses according to people there and the way it was worded. Not my fault if doesn't translate exactly. But by logic, if Ono said 16 characters plus 1 new and 2 returning, this could only mean that these 3 extra characters aren't playable (but rather bosses who could be DLC not too long after the game's release), or else he would have just said it 19 characters.

Also, another tweet:
@EGSmexico: 'Habrá nuevas modalidades de juego que le darán aún más dinamismo a Steet Fighter V @Yoshi_OnoChin #EGS2015

This one says something to the effect of there being multiple game modes "that add dynamism".

Shadoken

To be fair, we don't know if Capcom will have a presence at the Indian Game Expo......do we?

Capcom arent going to be there. Only reason I brought it up was because Gief got revealed at a relatively small event too.

So if Sony plans on bringing SF V machines , there could be a chance it might have Dhalsim build.

I wonder how the Japanese SF scene will work with no arcade release for SFV. SFIV is still one of the more popular games in Japanese arcades from last i saw. Consoles are not that popular in Japan from what I heard.

Gren

I'd be fine with Guile or Sim being the last "classic" character. Both provide a playstyle not yet represented (to our current knowledge).

I remember when Guile more or less rivaled Ryu as the main character of SF (didn't hurt that he was really good). Guess that extended hiatus throughout 3 & most of Alpha did a number on him amongst newer players.

I'd be fine with Guile or Sim being the last "classic" character. Both provide a playstyle not yet represented (to our current knowledge).

I remember when Guile more or less rivaled Ryu as the main character of SF (didn't hurt that he was really good). Guess that extended hiatus throughout 3 & most of Alpha did a number on him amongst newer players.
Street Fighter - The Movie - The Game isn't canon dood

Bro he is the main character didn't you see the movie.....

SFV guile alternate costume=Van Damme lets make it happen capcom.

Shadoken

I wonder how the Japanese SF scene will work with no arcade release for SFV. SFIV is still one of the more popular games in Japanese arcades from last i saw. Consoles are not that popular in Japan from what I heard.

Aren't these Arcade machines windows based? I dont see how hard it would be to just get the PC version up and running on those.

Gren

I meant in terms of his usage in the game as well. There were just as many, if not more, Guile players as there were Shotos during the SF2s. And seeing how it was essentially a new franchise for the many that missed SF1, yeah, it wasn't hard to see why lots of folks considered him the "hero."

Shadoken

Guile was actually in about as many games as Charlie , if you count other franchises too. Dont think he will make it in the initial roster.

Even though he plays completely different to nash now , they have many design similarties. Same country,similar looking moves..etc. Sim just makes sense , after the shotos + chun. Sim/Gief combo have been in the most number of games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
North Africa, Brazil, India
Rashid, Laura, Zen

Believe in Ken Bogard.

No, it's that Bogard's info has been pointing to a new Indian newbie, which would make Guile the obvious NYCC reveal now that Alex doesn't make sense alongside Gief.

But Alex isn't full fledged grappler.

SephLuis

I imagine Capcom will produce arcade cabinets based on the PC version. Would not be hard to do.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The literal translation of that tweet is:

People were saying the 1 new boss character and 2 returning unplayable bosses according to people there and the way it was worded. Not my fault if doesn't translate exactly. But by logic, if Ono said 16 characters plus 1 new and 2 returning, this could only mean that these 3 extra characters aren't playable (but rather bosses who could be DLC not too long after the game's release), or else he would have just said it 19 characters.

or unlockable :p (Joke aside) I found it very interesting that it came out just like that so the chance that Urien might be unlockable boss could be pretty good.

Neoxon

or unlockable :p (Joke aside) I found it very interesting that it came out just like that so the chance that Urien might be unlockable boss could be pretty good.
At most, if Urien is one of the bosses of the game, he'll be DLC not too long after the game's release. Capcom has avoided Smash-esque unlockable characters since SSFIV.

Producer

Theres 16 characters total, one new two returning. Thats what it said. 'Total' is pretty clear cut.

The last part was probably a mistranslation (im 99% sure)

Neoxon

Theres 16 characters total, one new two returning. Thats what it said. 'Total' is pretty clear cut.

The last part was probably a mistranslation (im 99% sure)
The problem with that is that it said 2 more returning characters. Going by that logic, Laura would be counted as unrevealed within the context of that tweet. This would directly conflict with the chart shown at EVO as well as Ken Bogard's info, both of which explicitly stated 4 newcomers (while the EVO chart noted 8 classic veterans).

Capcom arent going to be there. Only reason I brought it up was because Gief got revealed at a relatively small event too.

So if Sony plans on bringing SF V machines , there could be a chance it might have Dhalsim build.

How big was the Kuwait show that revealed Rashid? They didn't even have a stream going.

Producer

The problem with that is that it said 2 more returning characters. Going by that logic, Laura would be counted as unrevealed within the context of that tweet. This would directly conflict with the chart shown at EVO as well as Ken Bogard's info, both of which explicitly stated 4 newcomers (while the EVO chart noted 8 classic veterans).

Yeah, im saying that was a mistranslation. I doubt there is 3 unplayable bosses or whatever for the people entertaining that idea.

wow i just realized this thread has 19k posts and over 1.2 mil views!!! SF character reveal is hype!! Hopefully the game can stay just as active after release.

Neoxon

Yeah, im saying that was a mistranslation. I doubt there is 3 unplayable bosses or whatever for the people entertaining that idea.
It wouldn't be the first time that we had a sizable number of bosses. In recent history, SFIV had 3 bosses in it (Seth, Akuma, & Gouken). Hell, Vanilla SFII had 4 unplayable bosses (M. Bison, Vega, Balrog, & Sagat).

qcf x2

What if Guile left the military, grew out his hair, roided up (more than usual), and changed his name to Alex?

I know you're joking, but Alex is young. He's probably about 20 by the time he debuted in SF3. If they're sticking to canon, there's no room for Alex until Gill puts Tom in crutches.

As for Guile, he went home and became a family man, buh bye.
He'll probably be revealed in NY...ugh

ElFly

Wonder what they will do with Guile in this game.

That's a character that has refused to learn more moves, and now he has to add a v-skill and a v-trigger to his repertoire.

Me thinks he gets Remy's weird dive-y kick as v-skill, and just a mode to throw more sonic booms as v-trigger.

Or the good old v-trigger is one of his old supers, CA is another. Thinking sonic hurricane v-t and the flash kick one for CA.

Upside-down kick would be a good V-skill.

As for V-trigger, maybe he could have 1-second charges like Parasol or could have more than one projectile on screen at once, like Remy.

Shadoken

How big was the Kuwait show that revealed Rashid? They didn't even have a stream going.

That event was at Dubai. The Dubai event was a little bigger because it was primarily an eSports event ( I think ESL league or something). So many hardcore FG players were out.

Capcom has a much bigger presence in Dubai , the big news for that event was Arabic localization too. I really doubt there will be Indian localization , although it wouldnt be the first. I remember Alpha 2 PC version selling here with Hindi localization.

I dont know why there wasnt a stream , perhaps they didnt brin Haunts and the streaming team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom