• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresquito

Full grappler, full charge, full anything is bullshit. I dont even know why people still use such terms.

Wasn't 16 the core roster? Couldn't you say that any unlockable character is not core?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
She's got a juri type face. That crazy look that makes it seem like she's the seme

I hope they don't reuse tropes for the new characters

Crocodile

Unplayable boss characters? Assuming said characters would act and fight like actual fighting game characters and not like a monster in an action/adventure/rpg game, what's even the point of unplayable boss characters in this day & age?

kirblar

Unplayable boss characters? Assuming said characters would act and fight like actual fighting game characters and not like a monster in an action/adventure/rpg game, what's even the point of unplayable boss characters in this day & age?
Tradition, keeps content trickling in before they introduce full-fledged DLC characters.

TheOGB

Banned
Telling ya'll, M. Bison for some, Urien (or Zen?) for others, V-Necalli secret boss Akuma style. Maybe they'll all have a permanent V-Trigger boss fight.

Or unplayable-until-first-update boss The Fiend

She's got a juri type face. That crazy look that makes it seem like she's the seme

I hope they don't reuse tropes for the new characters
Eh, I don't see it. Juri's look is immediately more sinister; whereas Laura looks like "I can kick your ass, have fun, and look good doing it", Juri looks more like "I'll straight up cut you and lick the blood off"

Neoxon

No need to be only two. If Juri isn't in the initial roster, she gotta be one of the first dlc characters, perhaps even before Urien and Akuma
If the translation in my last post was correct, then we're getting 2 veteran bosses & 1 newcomer boss. Akuma & Urien best fit the bill for the veteran bosses.

Tizoc

Urien was never a boss btw; Gill was always the boss character in SF3 NG and 2I.

Supposedly someone else translated the tweet as this.

If this is the true translation, then maybe Akumal & Urien are the 2 unplayable veteran bosses, while Eisbahn is the new unplayable final boss.

Hadn't we already established that Eisbahn means Ice Rink in German? Thus that couldn't be their name?

Neoxon

Urien was never a boss btw; Gill was always the boss character in SF3 NG and 2I.

Hadn't we already established that Eisbahn means Ice Rink in German? Thus that couldn't be their name?
To be fair, Eisbahn wouldn't be the first weird translation. Plus that sign wasn't fully in German besides the name.

Crocodile

Tradition, keeps content trickling in before they introduce full-fledged DLC characters.

But again assuming they are full characters onto themselves, why would you make them unplayable? I'd rather the game just be sold as a 19 character fighter than a 16 character fighter but now you've got to spend extra cash (or grind as all hell) to unlock complete characters you can already fight against in the actual game. Considering how crucial characters are to fighting games, Day 1 character DLC, especially for character you can already play against, is just not something I can be happy about. Like I don't think unplayable bosses who are basically regular characters have a place in the modern market.

Sesha

... I don't think either one of those guys was even aware of Capcom Fighting All-Stars existence.

Listening to it again, yep, sounds that way. I think I must be tired, because I didn't pick that up the first time. The Capcom wiki entry for Ingrid originally credited Neo_G for her creation, but there was never a source for it, then this popped up.

I guess we'll never know.

yurinka

『Inaba Resident』;180569124 said:
Not sure if this has been posted but
https://twitter.com/EGSmexico/status/650044246230044672

EDIT: Just saw people talking about it. My b.
Literally means: 'There will be 16 characters, plus a new one and 2 returning characters'.

So we have 3 options:
-16 characters roster + 3 bosses (or a boss and 2 secret character you need to unlock to play with)
-16 characters roster + 3 day one DLC characters
-19 characters roster unlike it was announced/planned/leaked until now

TheOGB

Banned
I took that to mean there's 1 new and 2 returning (probably mixed these up) characters left to reveal, making the already announced 16.

Tizoc

Literally means: 'There will be 16 characters, plus a new one and 2 returning characters'.

So we have 3 options:
-16 characters roster + 3 bosses (or a boss and 2 secret character you need to unlock to play with)
-16 characters roster + 3 day one DLC characters
-19 characters roster unlike it was announced/planned/leaked until now

Maybe it'll be 18+1 Unplayable boss?
16 by EVO might've been when they were a bit early during development, and some time during that they managed to make progress such that the game can launch with 2 extra characters.
Just my theory :V

Tizoc

『Inaba Resident』;180572714 said:
Ono is about to be on the EGSMexico twitch channel.
Probably not gonna be announcing anything but figured I'd mention it.

If he isn't cosplaying it ain't worth watching!

Fitts

I don't know what to believe and am done speculating about specific characters' inclusion. I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

If there are DLC/unlockable characters on day one there will definitely be a backlash, but I wouldn't put it past Capcom and it won't stop anyone from buying the game.

Bloodrage

Banned
I keep telling myself they should just say fuck it and release the trailer now but she's generating enough hype without it. I think people will anticipate her reveal trailer even more now.

Tizoc

I keep telling myself they should just say fuck it and release the trailer now but she's generating enough hype without it. I think people will anticipate her reveal trailer even more now.

Yup, I think Ono really wanted to impress people and the Brazilian crowd with her during BGS. i think they still will be but it would've been much better had she not been leaked.

Clawww

Full grappler, full charge, full anything is bullshit. I dont even know why people still use such terms.

Wasn't 16 the core roster? Couldn't you say that any unlockable character is not core?

the only question should be, is this character fully relevant?

Shadoken

?

That doesn't mean anything. Ryu was never a boss , but Evil Ryu became a boss.

Urien is still closely linked to Gill , I dont know if we might get Gill himself as a boss. But Urien could very well be some kind of Boss or sub-boss character.

Most of these high power tier characters can become a boss. If Capcom wanted they could have even re-introduced Zombie Nash as the boss of this game , instead of a regular character.

TheOGB

Banned
Yup, I think Ono really wanted to impress people and the Brazilian crowd with her during BGS. i think they still will be but it would've been much better had she not been leaked.
Yeah, I get why they won't just show everything now. It'd be unfair to leave the Brazilian fans that show up in person with nothing. Plus the hype is still on for the rest of us since we haven't seen her in motion. Hopefully the leak didn't take the wind out of their sails.

Shadoken

Yeah, I get why they won't just show everything now. It'd be unfair to leave the Brazilian fans that show up in person with nothing. Plus the hype is still on for the rest of us since we haven't seen her in motion. Hopefully the leak didn't take the wind out of their sails.

Well atleast the trailer didnt leak , that would have been disastrous.

Urien could easily be the boss. Since this takes place before SF3, what could potentially be canon is that the Illuminati isn't taking anyone seriously, so they send Urien to deal with things. Then, after Urien fails, Thanos Gill himself steps in for SF3.

The only caveat is that Gill has little actual purpose in SF3, either. He's just kind of the boss because he's the strongest.

Man, sometimes hope doesn't spring eternal. Just make your peace with it and hope we can even get to pay for 3S characters around Summer, guys.

Urien could easily be the boss. Since this takes place before SF3, what could potentially be canon is that the Illuminati isn't taking anyone seriously, so they send Urien to deal with things. Then, after Urien fails, Thanos Gill himself steps in for SF3.

The only caveat is that Gill has little actual purpose in SF3, either. He's just kind of the boss because he's the strongest.

The weird thing is, Urien is pretty up there in strength, according to the canon books (not udon's fanfiction comics). Despite how the games make him look like a joke, he's probably in the same tier as Gill, if not lower than him in that same tier. Still, he lost to a Gill holding back, so who knows how that happened.

The bigger issue is how unconnected he is to the rest of the cast. Nobody but Chun Li meets him in 3, and she doesn't know who he is.

Necali has a far better chance of being a boss character. Probably buffed up with psycho energy since Bison seems to be keeping tabs and waiting for something to happen (body swap!).

qcf x2

The weird thing is, Urien is pretty up there in strength, according to the canon books (not udon's fanfiction comics). Despite how the games make him look like a joke, he's probably in the same tier as Gill, if not lower than him in that same tier. Still, he lost to a Gill holding back, so who knows how that happened.

The bigger issue is how unconnected he is to the rest of the cast. Nobody but Chun Li meets him in 3, and she doesn't know who he is.

Necali has a far better chance of being a boss character. Probably buffed up with psycho energy since Bison seems to be keeping tabs and waiting for something to happen (body swap!).

Don't recall anyone taking Urien as a joke. Also, you don't really believe Necalli is the boss character but they just introduced him (and made him playable) as if he's a regular character (not to mention he doesn't seem particularly strong or cheap), right?

pizzacat

Banned

lol no one knows who he is just like real life

Fucking kill me

Tizoc

Man, sometimes hope doesn't spring eternal. Just make your peace with it and hope we can even get to pay for 3S characters around Summer, guys.

Nah if I'm gonna fall into that abyssal gorge I may as well fall in there laughing mad.
Let me continue to dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam.

Don't recall anyone taking Urien as a joke. Also, you don't really believe Necalli is the boss character but they just introduced him (and made him playable) as if he's a regular character (not to mention he doesn't seem particularly strong or cheap), right?

Not NormalNecalli per say (fucked up his name in the last post), but him absorbing a bunch of people and being all super mode. That's his whole thing from his win quotes. Plus, most of them comment on how strong he is, with Bison stating he's necessary for his plans.

So, it's not him that's the boss character. Probably some made-for-story-mode character model that you fight with upgraded moves.

lol no one knows who he is just like real life

Fucking kill me

It ain't easy being a 3S character.

"lol who the fuck is Remy" was such a common comment in my FG group.

You can't dodge or parry Seraphic Wing, so there's that.

You can red parry it if you're insane, though.

Gill is bullshit. Akuma killed him and he just rezzed right back. So bullshit even Akuma left because he knew it'd be that all damn day.

Greenzxy

I think your 3 hours late on that bud, lol. It was just a short stage thing.

Edit: wait nvm, I see it's for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom